Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 02-13-2015, 11:51 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 84 stars and stripes black and white
Ready for summer?

I am so ready for summer time. I know there are a lot of you here that have it wayyyyyy worse than we do here in the "dirty south" but i am ready for our 95-100 degree weather. The winter time depresses me.

I went to the storage where I keep my boat yesterday, and i need to get it out and start it. What do you all do for the first start of the year? Just curious. Mine usually starts and runs right off but then again I usually start it a couple of times during the winter. This year I haven't...
Old 02-13-2015, 11:54 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1993 PS 190 S&S
I just pop the battery in and turn the key, and she fires right up! After a very meticulous cleaning, of course. This year though I have a few things to do. My seats have that discoloration issue that the 90's boats had on the embossing, so I got some of that spray stuff to fix it. Teak needs attention too this year...

I must admit I love my snowmobile, but I'm ready for some boating as well. First year my kid will be old enough to enjoy it, so that's a big deal for me.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:59 PM

I started and ran mine Saturday.

1. I put in plugs
2. Lowered boat into water
3. Realized I was out of gas
4. Put $9.50 in tank
5. Poured $.50 right into the carb
6. Fired right up
7. Drove to boat ramp and took it off the lake for maintenance =)
Old 02-13-2015, 02:26 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Maristar 200VRS w/ X2 Package, 2007, 310HP
I have a beer then start the boat. Then I have a beer and look for leaks, listen for any bad noises. By then a neighbor comes over to see what I'm up to and we have a beer, do final checks on fluids, belts, hoses and such. If it's Friday and everything checks out we then go to the bar to celebrate getting the boat ready for the summer.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
I have a beer then start the boat. Then I have a beer and look for leaks, listen for any bad noises.
so you check to see if you've peed yourself and pass gas all afternoon?

Old 02-13-2015, 03:08 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by bturner2 View Post
I have a beer then start the boat. Then I have a beer and look for leaks, listen for any bad noises. By then a neighbor comes over to see what I'm up to and we have a beer, do final checks on fluids, belts, hoses and such. If it's Friday and everything checks out we then go to the bar to celebrate getting the boat ready for the summer.
While I don't go to bars any longer, I like your style sir!
Old 02-13-2015, 03:43 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1989 prostar 190?
[quote]I have a beer then start the boat. Then I have a beer and look for leaks, listen for any bad noises. By then a neighbor comes over to see what I'm up to and we have a beer, do final checks on fluids, belts, hoses and such. If it's Friday and everything checks out we then go to the bar to celebrate getting the boat ready for the summer.
[/QUOTE

I need a neighbor like this
Old 02-13-2015, 04:44 PM
TT Hero

Boat: 2005 X-STAR & 1993 Prostar 190 Limited
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&S View Post
I am so ready for summer time. I know there are a lot of you here that have it wayyyyyy worse than we do here in the "dirty south" but i am ready for our 95-100 degree weather. The winter time depresses me.

I went to the storage where I keep my boat yesterday, and i need to get it out and start it. What do you all do for the first start of the year? Just curious. Mine usually starts and runs right off but then again I usually start it a couple of times during the winter. This year I haven't...

I see you folks in the southwest are having some warm temps.....that's sweet!
It was 4 degrees here this morning, so I think I'd better wait a bit before de-winterizing!

Usually early April for me, hook everything up, install batteries and run it on the hose in the driveway before heading to the river.

BTW, maybe if you sell your '84 to ME you won't be so depressed in the winter with no boat sitting there waiting for you! Or your Dad can sell me his, I'm not picky!
Old 02-13-2015, 05:45 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 84 stars and stripes black and white
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseydave View Post
I see you folks in the southwest are having some warm temps.....that's sweet!
It was 4 degrees here this morning, so I think I'd better wait a bit before de-winterizing!

Usually early April for me, hook everything up, install batteries and run it on the hose in the driveway before heading to the river.

BTW, maybe if you sell your '84 to ME you won't be so depressed in the winter with no boat sitting there waiting for you! Or your Dad can sell me his, I'm not picky!
Let me buy a 35th anniversary boat and I will! But if I can help it I will never be boatless... Sorry. Lol
Old 02-13-2015, 08:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft X-30 2014
Bturner...I wanna be your neighbor. Well done my friend.