Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Ballast

Old 10-08-2011, 11:05 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Maristar 225 VRS
First time adding a fat sac and pump

I got a good deal on a Fly High Tsunami pump and Pro X Series 750 lb fat sac. I'm planning on puting it in the rear next to the engine compartment. I am thinking I will manually plug in the pump to inflate/deflate each time I board. I plan on deflating it after each use.
I have a Maristar and am looking to add more weight to 1 side to surf and wake board.
I would like to know if anyone has started out this way, adding a sac without a factory ballast system.
What do you think about the set up?
Comments on your set up or my idea is greatly appreciated.
Would you go a different way? Or just scrap the whole thing?
Old 10-08-2011, 11:09 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 Mastercraft X-15
For surfing just throw it in the rear locker for whatever side you want to surf however you'll probably need a little more weight overall. For wakeboarding either lay it across the back seat or on the floor in front of the rear seats. Keep it centered. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-08-2011, 01:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2009 MCX
Filling up manually is a great way to start. We plumbed in our fat sac after the first season of filling it manually. Ended up ordering a different fat sac for the rear compartment (perfectly sized for it) and still use the original one for the rear seat for extra weight. Note: Make sure you fill up your stock ballast first (if you have one) as the weight of the fat sac can cause damage to an empty stock ballast underneath it.