Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-24-2004, 05:45 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
Prostar 205

A guy that looked at my boat is looking for a 93-94 range 205 red or blue. He lives in my area so I told him I would help him look. My local dealer had a very clean red and white one but it sold even before they listed it. He has found a very clean 94 but it is the blue with pink color scheme and he wasn't crazy about it but could get a good deal on it. Said it had under 200 hrs on it. What do you guys think about that color scheme for resale and do you know of anything out there that is close to this? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-25-2004, 11:09 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
I hear the red ones have a better slalom wake than the blue and pink ones. And to think I had the audacity to compare a 205 to another 205.

I remember emailing MarkP about a pinkish 205 and he passed on it based on the color alone. These boats aren't cheap, so if you're going to fork over the d'oh, it ought to be exactly what you want.

200 hours on a ten year old boat? Wow, that's not a ton of use? Of course, if they babied it and have the records, so much the better I guess.

And let's not forget, it's fuel injected.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:51 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
It's not pink, it's fuschia! Sorry, I'm just sensitive.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: none
Capt,
I was just going by what he told me. If it looks like yours, I would say he should buy it. Do you have any more pics posted? It sounds like he could get a really great deal on it.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:36 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Yeah, I wasn't doggin' on el capitan's color scheme. The spirit of that post was, get what you like the first time. These things are expensive afterall.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.