Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 09-03-2011, 12:23 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X14
Wetsounds

Posted this in the wrong spot last night, so one more time.

Ok. Need some help here. I can't get past the SQ of my two JL Tower speakers and nobody I know has a set of wetsounds that I can listen to. Not to mention I think the Mastercraft speaker cans look waaaay better. I'll get to it, can I add a Pro 485 to my center two mounts on my 09 X14 tower and leave my existing JL's? How would the sound match up, look, power,'etc.?
Old 09-03-2011, 02:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 07 xstar
No, not compatible what so ever. If you want wetsounds then you'll have to sell me your MC cans with the JL's. Its a matter of looks over function
Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 85' S&S
retro-fit some bullet hollowpoint 770 hlcd's in your two cans. i personally think they have better sound quality in the boat and behind it.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft 197 TT 2007
wetsounds hands down... just make sure you have enough power running to them

2007 Prostar TT 197.....special delivery from the dealer 3/18/08 sold 6/7/11
Old 09-04-2011, 06:28 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X2 2003 Predator
I wasn't a big fan of the wet sounds look either but the new Rev series speakers look a whole lot better...I just got a pair of Rev 10's and when you hear these things you will be blown away by the SQ!! I like the look of the factory cans also but do not regret buying wet sounds one bit...
Old 09-23-2011, 03:47 PM
TT Regular

you can add a single 485 to the tower with your factory speakers and i have seen it done. but you get a high power pro audio HLCD speaker in the center of two smaller car audio based speakers. They will not be able to keep up and will get lost. You wont even know they are on. Plus you would then have a power issue as the needs of each are different.

My suggestion is to take a look and listen to the new REV 8 and REV 10 speakers. I spent 2 years in design to build the best balance of sound quality and output. They do not sound like a horn speaker at all. You will be amazed at the sound quality. As x2 put it, you will be blown away. I have had guys that are die hard SQ guys change to the REV's. One guy had 4 pairs of super high end $1000 car audio components in cans on his tower and would not put horns up there even though he wanted volume. Then hard the REV's and jaws dropped and they went finally!

They are designed to be very linear and i voiced them in a way that eliminates the harsh or tinny sound found in horns. They are open and transparent. You can crank them as loud as you want and they will not hurt your ears.

You can always call us to see if we have a dealer near you with some on display

Tim
Wet Sounds