Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakesurfing

Old 09-08-2011, 12:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2001 Maristar 210VRS, LTR 330HP, ZeroFlex Tower, KGB Ballast, PerfectPass Wakeboard Pro,
I'm going to ignore all of the ridiculous comments in this thread and get right on topic.

We have tried something similar to this with wakeboarding. They only way we could make it work was to stagger the boats to create a constant Double-Up wake. It did work, but was inconsistent due to wind, PP speeds etc. But on the occasion we got the wakes to line up, it was stellar and hitting a D-Up wall like that running at normal wakeboard speeds was unreal.

I am thinking that this is how you need to run to get the wakesurf wakes to line up. Ours was staggered about 100ft in front of the boat with the rider and off to the side about 30ft (this should be the side the rider is on). The speeds have to be identical to get it consistent, but it could work for a short time. The front boat dies not need to have a weighted side, only to be creating a decent wake at slow speed.

Honestly to get this to work you need two good drivers that KNOW HOW TO READ WAKES, and how to drive them at angles so that you get the convergence.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 197 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakescene View Post
I'm going to ignore all of the ridiculous comments in this thread and get right on topic.

We have tried something similar to this with wakeboarding. They only way we could make it work was to stagger the boats to create a constant Double-Up wake. It did work, but was inconsistent due to wind, PP speeds etc. But on the occasion we got the wakes to line up, it was stellar and hitting a D-Up wall like that running at normal wakeboard speeds was unreal.

I am thinking that this is how you need to run to get the wakesurf wakes to line up. Ours was staggered about 100ft in front of the boat with the rider and off to the side about 30ft (this should be the side the rider is on). The speeds have to be identical to get it consistent, but it could work for a short time. The front boat dies not need to have a weighted side, only to be creating a decent wake at slow speed.

Honestly to get this to work you need two good drivers that KNOW HOW TO READ WAKES, and how to drive them at angles so that you get the convergence.
Way to get back on topic...now this make sense...100 feet away...takes some of the risk out of it. Then have the other boat with the surfer come up to that wake from the side and hopefully you have a good enough driver to keep you where you need to be, watch for other boats on the lake, and ensure that you don't go to far into that wake and submerge the boat because he had 3000 lbs of ballast and everyone on one side of the boat. If all of this happens, wow, that would be awesome.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 X45 Switch L18
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntidsl View Post
Way to get back on topic...now this make sense...100 feet away...takes some of the risk out of it. Then have the other boat with the surfer come up to that wake from the side and hopefully you have a good enough driver to keep you where you need to be, watch for other boats on the lake, and ensure that you don't go to far into that wake and submerge the boat because he had 3000 lbs of ballast and everyone on one side of the boat. If all of this happens, wow, that would be awesome.
Look out!!! Mr. Negativity has spoken. Let it be heard.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:02 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
When I have relations I wear a back brace, full goaly gear, and hold mace in one hand just in case she gets out of control and I need to fend away anything unsafe.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:07 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02ProstarSammyD View Post
When I have relations I wear a back brace, full goaly gear, and hold mace in one hand just in case she gets out of control and I need to fend away anything unsafe.

Full goalie gear, minus the jockstrap I assume? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 09-08-2011, 03:33 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2002 Prostar 209 - SammyD Edition
Quote:
Full goalie gear, minus the jockstrap I assume? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Wear it backwards and never worry about your back ends.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:40 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
Quote:
Tell Lakey about that for when the next time Hoosier is around

MONKEY FACE
Old 09-08-2011, 04:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. That's obscene.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: shopping
Quote:
Oh god, I could tell an awesome story (not about me) if I wasn't worried about being banned.
Old 09-08-2011, 04:42 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2005 197 TT
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott023 View Post
Look out!!! Mr. Negativity has spoken. Let it be heard.
I was being serious actually. I am not a boarder but I did that double up video and it was pretty dern cool...those guys are nuts!!! And I love sitting on the boat on Sundays and watching the wakeboard guys and gals. Wish I could do it, but I cannot.

Tags
surfing