Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 08-01-2005, 03:15 PM
TT Newbie

Bow is up! '94 Prostar 190

I'm a new MC owner and don't love the wake as much as other Prostars. Am I stuck? What about a trim plate? Weights in the bow?
Adjustment to prop shaft? It feels like the bow is up more than it should and rooster tail is high with uneven turbulence.
Hopeful,
Karen
Old 08-01-2005, 03:16 PM
MC Addict

Boat: SN196
Send a message via AIM to rodltg2
thats weird because that boat should have one of the best wakes. my 93 is awesome.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:17 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Karen, I'll second what Rod said, that wake should be nothing but perfect (unless you're wakeboarding). Are you wakeboarding?

Quick threadjack,
Rod, saw your 197 on ebay today. Did the last guy back out?

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 08-01-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
MC Addict

yep, i had a feeling too, he was flaky and always prosmissing tomorrow, tomorow. he still wants it but im not waiting for him.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:25 PM
MC Hero

Yeah, the summer's waning. Don't wait for him.

Now back to Karen. Which other prostars did you find more preferable? Perhaps some pictures of that wake?

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:36 PM
MC Addict

the only draw back to your boat compared to a new prostar will be the bump at 22 and chine spray .the bump its not that bad or too hard and unless your skiing shorter than 35 off the spray will not bother you. otherwise that boat should track on rails and have a small , soft wake.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:56 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 PS190
My '94 has one of the best wakes. Everyone that skis behind this boat raves about the wake. Not sure what the problem is. How about a picture. Here's some video of my wake at 32 mph from last October.

http://personalpages.tds.net/~wakesp...Monona_Ski.WMV
Old 08-01-2005, 03:59 PM
MC Hero

This is from a 93 205 so your's should be a little flatter. But does it resemble this?
Attached Images

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 08-02-2005, 03:12 AM
TT Newbie

Thanks for the pic - the wake looks amazing! I'll see if the MC rep will come take a ride in the boat and tell me what is wrong. The roostertail is very high at 30 mph and at 32 better with a strong curl on one side of the wake. The service guy suggested looking in the bilge for water - don't know how to get in to it. I had the boat shipped across country from Connecticut to Washington and never saw it on the water - just had a mechanical survey. The boat is in immaculate shape, just not the wake I expected.
Thanks for your reply! It was fun reading from everyone.
Karen
Old 08-02-2005, 03:14 AM
TT Newbie

Would love to see your video - must be from a MAC? Windows Media Player couldn't open it. If you have another version, please send.
Will get a mechanic out to check on the wake - I was expecting the wake of my friend's '92 Prostar - to why I searched for the same hull in the '94.
Thanks for your reply!!!
Karen