Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Other

Old 08-23-2011, 07:30 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2006 Mastercraft X1
Anyone riding behind an X1 ?

Post the pro's and con's (if any) of this boat. I am thinking it my be what I am looking for next. I like a steep wake. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2011, 07:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: SOLD 2007 X1
I have had one since 2007.

Pro's - best all around hull MC has ever made (RIP). Pretty good ski wake. Great wakeboard wake. And from what I have read on here, it can produce a good surf wake when properly weighted but we have never surfed it.

Con's - interior space. Gets cramped after 4-5 people.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:31 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, X1,2009,mcx350
Have had my 2009 for 2 full seasons now with just under 100 hrs. Best all around boat in the MC lineup that isn't going to require a mortgage if you're buying it new. The X2 is a bit bigger and depending on who you talk to surfs better. I have surfed mine for a few years and can run a nice wave on the stb side and prt. Its all about the weighting.

Dude named mccobmd on here has one and quite frankly I used a lot of his info for my X1, he has been spot on with all his advice so perhaps have a view of his posts regarding this model boat. I did a lot of research and rode behind and X star from 2000ish and apparently the X1 is same hull from back in the day. Ballasts full the wake is a stunner for wakeboarding, very steep face with a nice hard wake for poppin ya up and out. Best advice is test drive a few and make the best investment for yourself and your crew.

bobx1 is right though not a tonne of space, but how many friends do you really want in your boat at any given time. My max is 4, or it just cuts in to "my time". LOL

Great boat.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakeside09 View Post
Post the pro's and con's (if any) of this boat. I am thinking it my be what I am looking for next. I like a steep wake. Thanks!
Send a PM to Calls311, he has a nice X1.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 08-23-2011, 09:25 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X25
I got video clips surfing behind a 205v (same as x1) if you'd like to see the surf wake. It is nice and easy to learn on. Most noobies surf without the handle in an hour or less with a little instruction.

The wakeboard wake is one of the best ever from any manufacturer. It is naturally robust and rampy, but if you want steep, more weight aft, less up front and you can get super steep and launch straight up. End of that story.

Slalom is good, i hear, but we dont use it for that. I am guessing are more concerned about wakeboarding and surfing if you are trading from 209.

i went from a ps190, so the storage is plenty for us. we dont trailer it, though. regularly 6 people and no room issues for us.

decent fuel burn, easy to tow at 3200lbs. fit in standard garage if your tower folds down.

i love ours, people drive up to us and compliment all the time. then they ride behind it and tell us they want to sell their new moomba.

Last edited by SWeaver; 08-23-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:26 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
My X-1 is the best MasterCraft I've ever owned!!!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:04 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X1 2006 310HP
Thanks for the kind words Winger. I agree S weaver. It is the easiest out of the box boat to do everything. Change out the hard tanks, run 750's in the back half full and KGB full with 150 in the nose (fat brick up front and the others plumbed in) and it will give you the steepest ramp anyone needs. The X2 and X Star (new hull) are longer ramps and also wider. Not many people talk about it but the reason a lot of new tricks were landed behind this hull is it's not a far WTW. I can have mine ready to surf in 15 min with a 3 ft tall wave that has a 4ft long sweet spot. I still slalom and am thinking about a wake plate to see if I can soften it a little. The ski wake gets smaller but is still hard at 30+. The other thing that is nice is it is realtively easy to avoid washout if the weight distribution is not perfect. I also almost never have more than 7 people so it's not too small for us. Below is the wakeboard wake with no ballast at 22mph, surf wake at 9.9mph
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2011, 12:09 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
hey. i have an x1.

great boat, not very many bells and whistles, but it is an great all around boat for almost anything you want to do. My dad slaloms behind it and my pro level friends can still kill it.

I have an 06 and i wish i had the newer tower from 07+ ... but thats my only issue.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
boy... on that wake hit i sure hope he's starting a toeside frontside spin...

haha, think the subject has been covered pretty well, but i'll add to it. I have an 05 X2 (same hull with a little more bells and whistles stock). Do wish i had the tower from 07 just like agarabaghi, but the 05-06 tower is very functional. Can't say enough about the wake with some weight.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by agarabaghi View Post
hey. i have an x1.

great boat, not very many bells and whistles, but it is an great all around boat for almost anything you want to do. My dad slaloms behind it and my pro level friends can still kill it.

I have an 06 and i wish i had the newer tower from 07+ ... but thats my only issue.
]
Never seen that wheel or stereo remote on the X-1. We need to get you a better throttle knob