Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2011, 10:00 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Smile why I hate PWC ... Reason #842

so there we where Saturday night, true story ... I'm pulling Norris PS205 barefooting on his X9, he's on the boom and 5' handle ... i see a stupid waverunner coming so i start to pull him to try to beat the impending idiot... so now we are at 38 MPH and he's 30' along side us ... i blow the air horn, my wife is yelling at him so what does he do?

Come on guess ... you probably know the answer already

This human brain donor cuts right in front of us .. maybe 40' off the bow ... absolutely clueless

I leave 205 in the water and chase him down ... you know that boom doubles as a PWC net if you get close enough ... well we corner him and he's scared ... i think he might have actually wet himself ... i had a few words with him (yeah, yeah you know i yelled at him and insulted his manhood and everything else) .. he was absolutely clueless

So 30 minutes before this event was one of those proud moments as a dad ... we were all getting ready to go footing and my daughter Georgia, almost 11, is learning how to foot ... she's suiting up and a waverunner comes screaming down the cove, the glass water cove ... my daughter is standing on the dock with her hands in the air saying "really, really, you have to mess up my water" ... i guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree ...

can you guess how much i hate those things ...

OK, thank for letting me vent ... i feel better now
Old 08-21-2011, 10:14 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1997 PS205, x-14 someday
I hear you. I just got back from Lake Powell and they were a constant menace. In fact all my kids started calling them Lake Lice. The last day, last ski set, absolute glass was messed up by none other than my own wife with one of my kids trying to get in one last ride. She did go to the edge of the channel and stopped to watch us ski, but we still got a few rollers from her. It was just frustrating.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:38 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
They are jerks..one buzzed my son just after he let go of the rope while wakeboarding..less than 10 feet...when I flagged the jerk down to talk to him...he and his buddy took off like scared babies...I soo wanted their registration numbers to report them... won't ever forget the red PWC's... my camera is always ready...to take pictures and report reckless operation....
Old 08-21-2011, 11:01 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X45
I cant wait until the day they outlaw those things. Every close call we've ever had on the lake has a pwc's fingerprint on it...
Old 08-21-2011, 11:06 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1984 19 skier Powerslot
This kind of post gets old quick. Does no good for the sport or the people doing it. As a MC owner /PWC owner and someone who will enjoy anything on the water, I resent generically referring to PWC operators as jerks, scared babies and clueless idiots. Inconsiderate behavior is rampant on the water, not limited to PWC's or bass fisherman, certainly including wakeboarders and skiiers. No one can ruin smooth water like a wakeboarder. If PWC operators are breaking the law, report them; otherwise shut up and share the water that belongs to everyone. Surely it's no worse to cut in front of a towboat unintentionally than to deliberately chase down and threaten a lone PWC with a boatload of backup. Aren't we proud?
Old 08-21-2011, 11:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2010 MasterCraft Prostar 190 TT, Indmar MCX GM 350
I HATE Boat Gnats!!! Every close call I have had on the water has involved PWCs... I think some (NOT ALL) public water should be reserved for slalom skiers only... Much like some ski resorts have separated skiers and snow boarders....

Hook Em' Horns
Old 08-21-2011, 11:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1986 prostar
I agree.. I too have built and owned many freeystyle and race jetski and hate being put in the same class as the clueless!! Like the guy cruising his x whatever through the only smooth water on the lake to surf is any better... There are idiots all around don't be prejudice

Last edited by milehigh970; 08-21-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-21-2011, 11:35 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar, 1992, 351 Ford
Balanced picture. I didn't get off from work till late this evening. Too late to do anything but go watch. I saw two Inboard ski boats plow by the boat ramp rocking everybody while just riding. Three inboard/outboards come into the ramp way too hot. One jet ski miss the trailer four times. Everyone thinks they own the water and complains about the other guy---doesn't excuse dangerous behavior. You can't fix or legislate away stupid.
Old 08-22-2011, 02:21 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X-30, 2001, 330LTR, Black and White
they are all around us...idiots that is

We should not just pin point jetskiiers in this thread, I own an X30 MC wake boat, two Kawasaki standup jetskiis and two Kawasaki 15F sit downs. We have different toys for different thrills and have taught my family to ride every craft with control, safety and respect. With this kind of thinking instilled, it is so easy to recognize the idiots on the water, jetskiiers and boaters alike. A few lake trips back during the afternoon when the lake got choppy I was pulling my son on the wake surf when another wake boat towing a wake boarder came up from behind, portside, where my son was and passed us about 18 feet away and got up about 30yards ahead when his rider dumped. I turned starbord, shut it down, picked up my son and went to another cove...
As a standup Jetskiier.. i like to ride on the glass as well, it is not an easy sport, probably the hardest of all powersports to master, with the smallest wake...you snooze u loose, the glass goes to who gets there first... Jetskiing in the chop sucks too... The sad thing is that lake patrol gives standups such a hard time.... what about the drunk idiots on stripper boats doing 90+mph on a lake with skiiers and boarders? thats illegal on the street.... once out of the no wake zone there is no speed limit...***...
With all this being said, our summer weekend lake trips normally end up as picnics on the water to watch the idiots go by, our weekday trips are for the sport=wake boarding, wake surfing , freestyle jetskiing and speed runs.... winter....Wetsuits.....just sayin
Old 08-22-2011, 02:36 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft X-30, 2001, 330LTR, Black and White
they are all around us...idiots that is

Hope I didnt offend anyone

Last edited by Jbaba; 08-22-2011 at 02:38 AM.