Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Wakeboarding & Wakeskating

Old 07-30-2005, 11:33 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 X-Star
Send a message via AIM to heysteve! Send a message via MSN to heysteve!
Need Tips

i just cleared the wake today and i dont go out often bc i ride with a buddy of mine i need some suggestions on what to try over the wake... like grabs or rotations....easier things
Old 07-30-2005, 11:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MasterCraft, Stars and Stripes, 1983, 351 W.
Send a message via AIM to SKI*MC Send a message via MSN to SKI*MC
hey heysteve, this person that takes you out sure seems like a cool guy, i mean he pays for fuel, takes you out, and all that and probably teaches you new tricks... I would try some grabs, like a tail grab or indy, then when that gets easy, 180 over one wake. Tell him to teach you this stuff, i'm sure he will be more than happy to teach you!
Old 07-31-2005, 12:07 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2006 X-Star
Send a message via AIM to heysteve! Send a message via MSN to heysteve!
what up now!

well yeah please i need some suggestions im going out soon!

Last edited by heysteve!; 08-01-2005 at 12:36 AM.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:39 AM
MC Devotee

Help my main man out here!!!
Old 08-08-2005, 12:20 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1979 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes
I would say first start getting nice consistant air--everytime you pop. Learn butterslides or bunny hop 180s and get consistant riding fakie. Once you feel you have mastered that try indy grab and 180s. I would start out with half cabs (which is starting fakie and rotating to regular)--because they are easier to land.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:15 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Boatless
work on taking your heelside jumps up and consistent wake to wake. Make sure you work on the toeside jumps as well. Don't neglect toeside even tho it may feel awkward (you will thank yourself later). Everytime you take a heelside jump...return with a toeside.

Taking your jumps up while going wake to wake will allow you to grab. Keep the handle close to your body and give a little tug on the rope just before going up to give yourself slack to make the grab. Start with indy (grab between your feet) - it's the easiest to get at first.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:32 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2004 Prostar 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssippiriverrat
I would say first start getting nice consistant air--everytime you pop. Learn butterslides or bunny hop 180s and get consistant riding fakie. Once you feel you have mastered that try indy grab and 180s. I would start out with half cabs (which is starting fakie and rotating to regular)--because they are easier to land.
I wish I understood 1/2 of what you said. My daughter calls them buttermilks and olivers
Old 08-10-2005, 01:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1979 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag_Red
I wish I understood 1/2 of what you said. My daughter calls them buttermilks and olivers

Ooops, sorry dude, I guess everyone has their own terminology. Ok, a butterslide is simply moving from regular footed (usually left foot forward) to fakie (usually right foot forward) by sliding the board in one quick motion--this is done by moving handle from the left hip to the right hip. Try to place your weight over the center of the board. Once you are in the 180 position, place more weight on the tip to allow the board to track for stability. To get back around, do the same thing from back to front.

The bunny hop 180 is the same thing except you pop in the air to rotate the board first.

Indy grab as said above is a grab with the right hand (if you are normally left foot forward) in the middle of the board.

180s with the wake are basically bunny hop 180 except you use the wake to get air.

Half Cabs are 180s with the wake but you start fakie (usually your right foot forward) use the wake to get air and rotate to regular (usually your left foot forward).

Here is a list of tricks that you might want to use as you start progessing

http://www.wakeworld.com/Tourney/tricklistalph.asp
Old 08-15-2005, 11:33 PM
MC Devotee

Yeah, heysteve was boarding with me the other day, he got his toeside jumps down now, he has his ollies, and he does nose grabs, he can even clear into the flats on his heelside edge, i think he should try a 180 now.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:04 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 06 197 1.26:1 MCX (Gone but not forgotten)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKI*MC
Yeah, heysteve was boarding with me the other day, he got his toeside jumps down now, he has his ollies, and he does nose grabs, he can even clear into the flats on his heelside edge, i think he should try a 180 now.
Did he help you out with gas money 180 is next, I'd say have him sign a waiver though as you can eat some serious chit - have fun Are you guys wakesurfing at all?