Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > General / Other

Old 11-08-2011, 03:52 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2010 X-25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddanenberger View Post
Give VIO a call before you buy. I have been discussing the upgrade with them for sometime. They indicated they were having problems with voltage loss with the HD camera with a extension cable. They indicated they were still in R and D with a HD version. This was as of about a month ago. Be sure to tell them you are installing in a mastercraft with the BIG system.
Thanks for the heads up. I tabled the upgrade till next summer as the boat is just sitting for a few months over winter (no point in having a new VIO just gathering dust). I will definitely contact VIO before proceeding to be sure they have the HD issues worked out for BIG. Pretty excited to see the HD video though...

If you go through with the upgrade, I would love to hear what you think of the video quality and how well the new camera fit into your existing mount.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: X-45 on order
mastercraft by design was really reasonable about addressing the issue with the spindle breaking, told me that they'd be happy to replace it, and sent the part to me right away, really did the right thing right away.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:30 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
Has anyone figured out the OP's issue - upgraded the Track Vision camera? I just bought a boat (used) that had the camera option. Kind of curious whether it is worth messing with. I like the concept...
Old 05-03-2013, 09:03 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft Prostar 190, 1990, Indmar Ford 351w GT40P, Borg Warner 1/1 Velvet drive 71c 10-17-004, pp stargazer, Acme 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionMan View Post
I am sure you can, maybe you should contact VIO.

P.S. When you only have 2 post on a forum it's best not to bark orders and catch an attitude. Welcome to TT.
lol big time
Old 05-03-2013, 09:21 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:

P.S. When you only have 2 post on a forum it's best not to bark orders and catch an attitude. Welcome to TT.
There you go Paxton, trying to help people out again!!

Old 05-03-2013, 09:48 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
I am sure you can, maybe you should contact VIO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpdthree View Post
The purpose of this question is simply whether i can use the current setup (mount, housing, possibly wiring) with the new VIO-POV HD video camera.

Will future responses please refrain from suggesting alternatives, i am already aware of those.

Thank you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpdthree View Post
My apologies if it came off as "barking"...i just wanted to be sure that the discussion stayed on topic. I own a GoPro and a Contour HD, which are both great for their specific uses, but I would like to keep using a video system that integrates with the boat's control panel (thus it records, powers, etc. from the control buttons).

I appreciate the advice, and will most likely shoot VIO an email if no one else in the forum has an answer.

Thanks.

burn baby burn....

Old 06-05-2013, 04:20 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: X-35 2010. LY6
Hi,

I was thinking to do the same on my boat, switch to HD camera!

you need to change complete set ( camera,recorder and cables) because POV 1.5 is not compatible with POV HD!

I contact VIO company, 600$ was offer for complete set!

Good thing is that with new cable you will have microphone so you can record audio and video!
Old 08-18-2013, 07:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2011 X-25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mladen x35 View Post
Hi,

I was thinking to do the same on my boat, switch to HD camera!

you need to change complete set ( camera,recorder and cables) because POV 1.5 is not compatible with POV HD!

I contact VIO company, 600$ was offer for complete set!

Good thing is that with new cable you will have microphone so you can record audio and video!
Did you ever try the HD option? Curious how the conversion went and how much difference you noticed with the camera.

The original tower cam came with my boat. I would not have paid $1500 for the original option now that I've seen it in action - video quality not worth it. Since it was effectively free to me (bought boat used and I didn't increase my offer price for it having the cam), it's been fun to play with, but now that mine is broken I'm struggling to decide whether its worth fixing and/or replacing it. I'm leaning towards just buying a medium quality handheld camera that I can hand to somebody in the boat.

Tags
hd video, tower cam, tower video, track vision, video camera