Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Restorations and Refurbishments

Old 08-14-2011, 01:03 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1998 30th Anniversary Mastercraft PS190 LT-1 w/PowerSlot
Great find and cool piece of history! Good luck on your project. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your progress.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:22 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1973 MC Skier and 1970 MC Skier
Upon further inspection of the boat, I may very well ski a set on my old Maharajah and and then another on an old CG El Diablo (not sure if I can say it is fun to ride, you can just say you skied on one) LOL. The old Maha is great. We nicknamed her "Butter".
Old 08-15-2011, 11:57 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1972 MasterCraft w. Holman Moody
Phickman

Nice find. I have a 1972 - the ski pole looks that same as mine; there should be a hole thru the top of the pole. The dash looks to be exactly like mine except for the plate someone added to mount the speed/tach on top. The engine cover looks a little different, mine is more rounded on the back side.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Stars&Stripes, 351w, grey and blue
Awesome find there! Definately looking forward to seeing the pics of the restore. Good luck and everyone here's ready help with any questions.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:41 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1979 MC stars and strips 351
Send a message via Yahoo to you could of had a MC
I love that red boat , can you tell me if its true that it is MC Hull #1

Old 09-10-2012, 03:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1993 Prostar 190 Blue Stars and Stripes, Powerslot
great find, keep us posted of status and pics along the way. hope the stringers are sound. I wonder if the pylon is higher or are the gunnels lower? I know newer boats have higher gunnels than my 93. that pylon looks too shiny to be original, but it may be. interesting to see that there is no swim platform, the exhaust outlets are wider apart because they are outside of the stringers and the speedo pickups are way out wide also.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:59 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo93prostar View Post
great find, keep us posted of status and pics along the way. hope the stringers are sound. I wonder if the pylon is higher or are the gunnels lower? I know newer boats have higher gunnels than my 93. that pylon looks too shiny to be original, but it may be. interesting to see that there is no swim platform, the exhaust outlets are wider apart because they are outside of the stringers and the speedo pickups are way out wide also.
my thoughts exactly.....stringer check is in order.

nice find.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

I finished up my 1973 Skier a few months ago. I have now started working on the 1970 much more. Before I purchased the 1970 I pulled the floor panels and checked the stringers and the motor mount bolts. They appeared to be solid. Hence the purchase. I pulled the floor last weekend. It had the original floor last weekend. I also did some core samples on each side. I was shocked they cam back solid and not moist. There was a 12 inch section of damp wood and the passenger side by the battery box area in the secondary floor support. This was no shock. I have done this repair on a couple of others. The new floor will be glassed in soon. I am cleaning and painting the engine. New exhaust manifolds will go on soon as well as the Carter AFB is being sent off for rebuild.

The boat runs runs well and skis well. Crazy loud with the Chrysler 340 with straight hoses.

I am stripping the white off the deck The deck should be red with a white accent stripe, sides are red with white band. I found remnants of the original red carpet by the gas tank. I will have the seats redone in the period correct white vinyl. I will decal it as is the boat in the pic. And yes the pylon is original. It is the longer version just like the 1973 boat. It appears many of the earlier boats had the tall one. Anybody know why?
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2012, 04:33 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Really cool boat. Would love to hear the story of where you found this diamond in the rough.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Packages Starting at $569
4 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $319
2 Aluminum 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 tires, mount, balance & delivery.

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 09-10-2012, 04:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Local craigslist...guy had it 10 years or so. He said he bought it as a repo from a local boat shop. I am a sucker for the early ones. Ad said 1970 with 340 Chrysler...I knew it was something special. I was shocked that is was complete sans the color change. I figured the stringers would kill the deal for me...I was shocked they checked out. The floor was rotten so i moved pieces around and started beating and pecking. The engine mount bolts were tight too....I started seeing red under the aqua....sealed the deal for me. LOL Below is the AS FOUND pic....Yuck...LOL. Some body worked hard to hid a beautiful boat under that bad paint scheme. LOL
Attached Images

Last edited by phickman; 09-10-2012 at 04:50 PM.