Go Back   TeamTalk > Classifieds Buy/Sell > For Sale: Other Items

Old 08-09-2011, 02:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 X-Star
KTM 950 Super Enduro R

Well, since I still ride my trials bike a lot, and something has to give, perhaps I should sell my monster as I can't find time to ride it. I'm too lazy to start over, so I'm just cutting and pasting my CL ad. I'm located in Oregon. With that, here we go.....

As we run towards global disaster, you'll need a motorcycle that can insure you remain one step ahead of the others in the future post-apocalyptic desertscape in which we, the survivors, will find ourselves. The BMW and Harley riders are sure to perish first as everyone knows roaming hordes of zombies always go for the low-hanging fruit. The Super Enduro provides your only chance of survival, so listen carefully: 2007 KTM 950SE (950SER). Only 4,000 miles on this SE bad boy. Go anywhere with this bike. Way more fun than a BMW GS and every bit as comfortable, in my humble opinion. Plus, sounds like a Ducati on steroids. Water pump upgrade recently done, Akrapovik canisters, SAS done, reinforced subframe for carrying gear or panniers or whatever without fear. Oregon plates fresh in December. 690E windscreen. Black powder coated frame. New Seat Concepts custom seat. Never down or off-road. The plan was to do some lengthy trips this year (Baja and/or Alaska). Fatherly duties regarding Kids' MX racing and some major home projects have pretty much squashed my hopes of any big solo trips this year. I bought this bike in December and have invested a fair chunk of change making it long-distance capable so at $8300, I'm losing some serious quid. Thanks!!

Last edited by deminimis; 08-09-2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Stars&Stripes, 351w, grey and blue
Fine bike you have there. I wish I had that scratch. I've been dying to get another bike. Been looking at the BMW GS, the Ducati Multistrada, Kawasaki KLR, Suzuki DR, and the Triumph Tiger. You're add seals the deal for me though KTM sounds like the way to go when the SHTF. Good luck on your sale.

Last edited by oxberger; 08-09-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Thanks. Last month I was on a ride with my buddy and his well-outfitted KLR. I let him try my 950 for a few minutes. He now has a 950SE in his garage and is looking to sell his KLR. If my 950 doesn't sell, no matter. I like it a lot. I'd much rather sell the wife's 700 Raptor as that gets almost no use and I'm pretty anti-quad. Ox, are you familiar with advrider.com? If not, I'd recommend you check it out as there is tons of info on all the bikes your looking at. Also, you can probably find whatever specimen you decide on within shouting distance to you.
Old 08-09-2011, 03:53 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Stars&Stripes, 351w, grey and blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by deminimis View Post
Thanks. Last month I was on a ride with my buddy and his well-outfitted KLR. I let him try my 950 for a few minutes. He now has a 950SE in his garage and is looking to sell his KLR. If my 950 doesn't sell, no matter. I like it a lot. I'd much rather sell the wife's 700 Raptor as that gets almost no use and I'm pretty anti-quad. Ox, are you familiar with advrider.com? If not, I'd recommend you check it out as there is tons of info on all the bikes your looking at. Also, you can probably find whatever specimen you decide on within shouting distance to you.
Thanks for the info. No, I'm not familiar with the site but will check it out. I'm just looking right now, I don't have the funds in place yet. I'm just now able to start throwing money at my MC (figures, just in time for the season to end), so the bike will have to wait. So the wife won't let you sell the Raptor, but she'll let you sell something you LIKE. Sounds a lot like my wife. Too bad you don't live closer, it looks likes you have a lot of fun toys to play with. What's up with the VW in the background?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Might I suggest you go here and just watch the slide show for a while before entering the forums. If the slide show doesn't get your motor running, then save your pennies. If, however, it starts making you fidget in you seat and curl your toes, then you need a bike post haste! http://www.advrider.com/
Old 08-09-2011, 04:52 PM
MC Fanatic

Oh, the VW. 1978 Champagne Ed. II. According to Barrett Jackson, only 272 produced in this color (Peach Red Metallic). I have approx 80hrs left on the resto....the same 80hrs I had left in May, 2010. Just can't seem to find the time. Perhaps this Winter I'll wrap it up. Here's what it will look like once I get it back together (with more appropriate wheels and a NOS (still in the original box) Blaupunkt from 1978): http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appli...ln=100&aid=223

Last edited by deminimis; 08-09-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:12 AM
MC Fanatic

Sale pending