Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Watersports > Waterskiing & Barefooting

Old 07-28-2005, 05:37 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1991 mastercraft Prostar 190, 351 w/powerslot. Blue & grey.
Question HO CDX your opinions please.....

I want to know everyones opinion about the HO CDX. I have read a more than a few favorable things about them and I dont seem to ever see any on ebay. that leads me to believe people hold on to them. so I am heavliy considering buying one from wiley's.
I am interested in one with Double Animals.

I would appreciate anyone posting their expereinces with this ski, good or bad as I am trying to decide if its right for me. I want to get a second ski and upgrade a bit from my Siege. I have been thinking about HO skis mostly. I have lightly considered the KDCR7 and KD7000. and several people recommended a Connelly Concept too. At this point it seems like I am leaning towards the HO CDX. I would like to get as much info as possible.

Please post away!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upper Michigan Prostar190
On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:42 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
As I mentioned previously, I have a CDX from Wileys with double animals. It's been a great ski for me. Not as light and fast as the new skis out there, i.e., Monza and Sixam, but plenty of ski for me---stable and forgiving. This was my first HO having skied O'Brien before that. It's a tail dragger, but I've found the transition from O'Brien to have a very easy learning curve. Great ski for the money. They turn up on ebay now and again. For the price, I'd just grab one from Wileys.

You might also consider the ASX, which is just a tad wider in the mid section and made as a crossover between a course ski and an open water ski.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-28-2005, 05:53 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2005 Prostar 197 / MCX
How bigga boy are ya?
Do you ski the course and if so, what speed?
I mentioned before that it is a very fast ski to someone who hasnt skiid the goode's or monza's or d3's for sure.
I think it's more ski than I need, but I may actually get one from wileys for grins.
It is a very fast, very light ski in relation to the asx/vengeance ski
Old 07-28-2005, 07:47 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
I just put my KD 7000 (68") with double Wileys (large) for sale in the marketplace. This is an awsome ski as well and I can save you a lot of . I put the ad for $225 but make me an offer. The ski and bindings are in nearly perfect shape (2 small scratches).

I am stepping up and would like to offset the cost of my new ride. Just pulled the trigger on a Monza with Fluidmotion Carbon 6s

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Last edited by BrianM; 07-29-2005 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:16 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1991 mastercraft Prostar 190, 351 w/powerslot. Blue & grey.
Ric, I am 6'1" and 190 lbs without wetsuit and PFD. I ski a 68" Siege now. I dont know if I would need a 68" or 70" CDX...?
I dont ski a course. I just free ski. I like to carve it up to the best of my ability and push myself all the time. I dont lazy ski. I typically ski at about 34 to 35 mph with my seige. I started out at 33 this spring, and sped up a bit as I got comfy with it. How would the CDX compare to the Siege??

BrianM, Thanks for the offer! I will consider it as I havent made my choice yet. But I am leaning towards a new CDX with double animals.

DOug, what do you mean by the CDX being a "tail dragger"....? I am not familiar with that term. Please explain....

see this is all so subjective to personal taste. I find my Seige to be a "fast" ski, but this CDX maybe even faster....? I just know that I dont need to get into the league of Monzas, Sixams, or 9600s, those are all beyond my skill level.
Thats what attracted me to the CDX, its billed as a "crossover" ski for the intermediate skier thats progressing. Not quite a PRO level ski, but the next stepping stone to getting to those.... correct??

Quote:
On a different note: I like LOTS of snort comin' out of the hole.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 PM
MC Hero

When I said tail dragger, I meant it rides with a lot of tail in the water, more so than any obrien I've ridden. Didn't take long, in my case to get used to it though.

I rode my 68" CDX when I weighed 191 and I still ride it at 170.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:58 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Quote:

BrianM, Thanks for the offer! I will consider it as I havent made my choice yet. But I am leaning towards a new CDX with double animals.
My 7000 will cost you less than half that.

1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy

Old 07-29-2005, 10:01 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM
I just put my KD 7000 (68") with double Wileys (large) for sale in the marketplace. This is an awsome ski as well and I can save you a lot of . I put the ad for $225 but make me an offer. The ski and bindings are in nearly perfect shape (2 small scratches).

I am stepping up and would like to offset the cost of my new ride. Just pulled the trigger on a Monza with Fluidmotion Carbon 6s
yaaaaa let's see some pics of that bad boy (and post how many buoys you pick up!)
Old 07-29-2005, 10:05 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Ric, I am 6'1" and 190 lbs without wetsuit and PFD. I ski a 68" Siege now. I dont know if I would need a 68" or 70" CDX...?
I dont ski a course. I just free ski. I like to carve it up to the best of my ability and push myself all the time. I dont lazy ski. I typically ski at about 34 to 35 mph with my seige. I started out at 33 this spring, and sped up a bit as I got comfy with it. How would the CDX compare to the Siege??

DOug, what do you mean by the CDX being a "tail dragger"....? I am not familiar with that term. Please explain....

see this is all so subjective to personal taste. I find my Seige to be a "fast" ski, but this CDX maybe even faster....? I just know that I dont need to get into the league of Monzas, Sixams, or 9600s, those are all beyond my skill level.
Thats what attracted me to the CDX, its billed as a "crossover" ski for the intermediate skier thats progressing. Not quite a PRO level ski, but the next stepping stone to getting to those.... correct??
I'd say 68 for you but I'd still suggest the asx/vengeance for what you're doing.
The cdx is very fast and when you tell it to turn, you'd better be ready to turn. Also, the cdx I tried tended to hunt for an edge if you were skiing flat on the ski for a few moments.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:13 AM
MC Hero

I haven't found my cdx to be an edge hunter, but I, too, would suggest an ASX for what you're doing. My wife had one and it was a very stable ski that would do exactly what you want it to do.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club