Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 08-02-2011, 10:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 190, 1992, 351
This year two events will be happening at the same time. The Open and Milwaukee Air Show. They are expecting a large crowd for both. The air show starts at 11:00 Saturday so parking near the lake front will be tight and you might want to give your self a little extra time.
It should be a great show.
http://www.milwaukeeairshow.com/
Old 08-03-2011, 12:43 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 PS197
Thanks all for the great input. With the air/water show, it will be quite a parking challenge. I am planning for saturday and thinking of parking up near/at the US Bank building since we won't be able to get there early. WTRSK1R, the Lincoln Memorial side of the lagoon sounds like a good plan for visibility, but I assume then you would be separated from all the action areas for autographs, vendors etc? I'll head down with my boys so we will just try to pack light and be mobile. Should be a great day at the lakefront!
Old 08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 200, 1990, Mercury Black Max 200
I was able to make it on Friday and Saturday. This was the first tournament that I have had the opportunity to attend. I brought the kids (6 & 9) on Friday and they were all smiles getting to meet and take pictures with some of the athletes that they have seen in the Rewind videos.

Who else here made it to the tournament and what impressed you?

Last note, I know that it was the Malibu Open, but, there were no Mastercrafts on display. There were several other manufacturers represented, but sadly no MC.
Old 08-11-2011, 01:23 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 PS197
We are fortunate to have these opportunities in WI. Many of the competitors are friendly and accessible which is the best part - it leaves you feeling more connected to the sport(s). We sat on the Lincoln Mem side of lagoon for a while, where the course was quite close to shore - I've never been that close to the buoys at an event. My oldest son talked at least briefly to Parrish, Beauchesne, Marcus B, etc. He has never wanted to ski (only board). The next day he asked me to pull out my vintage connelly and he got up and slalomed on it for the first time. Whoo-hoo!

I was also bummed to find no MC's and I actually could have gone for more shopping - like a well stocked pro shop. There were some scattered racks of gear but not as much as you would find at Wake Nationals for example.

We will be there again next year!
Old 08-11-2011, 02:48 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Prostar 190
I went on Friday, during my lunch hour. The wife and kids picked me up and we went for about 90 minutes (boss works in another office). We went back Saturday and spent more time enjoying this great sport. We sat on the Lincoln Memorial Drive side, as we didn'twant to pay $20 to park for 90 minutes.

I also would have liked to see some MasterCrafts there for sure. I did score a few pair of ski gloves that I was in need of, so I left happy.
Old 08-11-2011, 11:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2003 Prostar 209 MCX
I had a great time but would like to know why Mastercraft was a no show. Malibu, moomba, Supra, Ski Nautique and Axis boats all had displays.