Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-31-2011, 09:27 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Milwaukee Waterski Tournament

Anybody going to the "open" this weekend August 5th or 6th in Milwaukee? I am hoping to go down on Friday.

2004 Prostar 197 - Red on White

350 TBI, Perfect Pass, Heater, Shower and a whole lot of fun!
Old 07-31-2011, 10:27 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1994 Prostar 190
I am planning to go, but I am not sure when. I went last year and it was very cool. Seeing such high quality skiing in person is rare for me.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:16 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '83 Stars and Stripes
It's up in the air for me again this year...We have a wedding this weekend.

Hopefully, I can sneak out and enjoy watching some skiing...
Old 08-02-2011, 11:41 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 200, 1990, Mercury Black Max 200
I am planning to go Friday and Saturday. I will have the kids with me Friday, so not sure how long they will last. Saturday might be an all day thing.

To those that made it last year, any suggestions on parking and best place to watch from?
Old 08-02-2011, 12:40 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007, PS214, MCX 350
Hells Yeah! I missed out last year so when it was announced again this year I was pumped. But we're only really gonna show up for the latter part of Saturday (4:00 onward).

@ McFire: would you say it's family friendly for a 6 month old? Also what was the vendor situation for food? Did they have decent concession stands?
Old 08-02-2011, 02:47 PM
TT Enthusiast

Nauti - I thought it was definately family friendly, but my kids are teenagers. I would not hesitate bringing a little one tho. The event is in the park, so if you need to walk away from the water, you can easily do so. With such a little one, I suggest some type of protection from the sun for sure. Also, you may want to set up a little bit away from any PA speakers to keep the little one's ears protected.

I can't give an opinion on the food vendors, as we packed a cooler and brought our own food & drinks. I do recasll a few food vendors being there, so I am sure you can get something to eat. There were several ski equipment vendors there too (but not a ton of them).

My only other thoughts - Bring some fold up chairs or a blanket to sit on, and some sun screen.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:54 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 91 Prostar 190
Wanted to go this year, but we'll be at the Div II Show Ski Nationals in Tomahawk instead. Maybe next year.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Here is a link to the tournament site (I hope it works - 1st time posting a link). If it is like last year, parking is along Lagoon road and in some lots just off Lagoon road. The skiing is on the north end of the lagoon. Last year, I parked along Lincoln Memorial Drive during my lunch on Friday and watched for a while before heading back to work. When we came back Saturday, we parked on Lagoon. We stayed several hours. We got there early enough to just walk up by the lagoon and pick a spot.

http://county.milwaukee.gov/ImageLib.../Veterans1.pdf
Old 08-02-2011, 03:29 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007, PS214, MCX 350
Awesome thx. Picnic is a good idea. Along with the shade for kiddos.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2004 MasterCraft ProStar 197
There was definately a few food vendors there last year, but can not tell you what they were. We too brought a cooler with some snacks, beer, and a couple of lawn chairs. Most of the people were on the lake side of the lagoon, but one of my friends sat on the Lincoln Memorial side right off the 3 ball. He said you could see the whole course end to end really well and in one direction they were turning the 3 ball right in front of him. We (like most everyone else) were on the other side of the course and between the crowd and some of the trees along the water there were places where you would loose visibility of the skier. Still an amazing event. On Saturday they set up an autograph table and during one of the breaks all the skiers lined up at the table for anyone who bought a program to sign it. I felt a bit like a geek, but it was way cool to walk down the line and get everyone's signature. No other sport that I know of can you get this close to a professional. Several of the skiiers were actually thanking me for coming out and one even said Milwaukee had the best turn out so far in last years season. Its a shame that they are under appreciated that way. Come on down if you get a chance, you will not regret it.

2004 Prostar 197 - Red on White

350 TBI, Perfect Pass, Heater, Shower and a whole lot of fun!