Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-10-2006, 01:35 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1986 Tristar 220 351 pcm
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakePirate
Interesting that you say that. We took a friend of ours from Bristol who has worked the race for years as a cooler checker / ticket taker to Talladega. He has only been to Bristol and is not really a big fan. We wanted to show him a different type of Racin. He loved it. When they came out of 4 though the Tri-Oval he almost had a heart attack. He was turned around in the seat of the car to talk about it all the way home. Not that Bristol is not exciting, but nothing beats
'Dega. FFRR...WFO.

#01, wow. Rick Hendrick really said that? Holy Cow.

JJ has to lead. He can't just ride.
I can see where you are coming from.. Dega is THE race I have wanted to go see for years, just never have gotten around to it, But Bristol? Just good ole fashioned roughneck racin!!! I guess any race track has its fans and the lack there of.. the only one I really don't have a need for is martinsville.... too flat and slow...
Old 10-10-2006, 02:08 PM
MC Hero

Boat: Gone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1
"The Big Picture" being the Championship for Jimmie Johnson, "Victory Lane" and "Wrecking or Getting Wrecked" are little pictures and the BOSS [Rick Hendrick] got the wrong picture of the three, since Vickers is leaving for Toyota, not in the Chase and it was a win for Vickers under a cloud of controversy. Even with that said Rick Hendrick was more pleased with the win by Vickers than Jimmie Johnsons lack of points gained.

Another thing, Rick Hendrick is the registered owner of Vickers #25 car, while Jeff Gordon is the registered owner of Johnsons #48 as far as owner points go and guess who got the most owner points Sunday. $$$$$$$$$$$Talking!

Quote: 2RLAKE,
At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
Vickers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMCNo1
Another thing, Rick Hendrick is the registered owner of Vickers #25 car, while Jeff Gordon is the registered owner of Johnsons #48 as far as owner points go and guess who got the most owner points Sunday. $$$$$$$$$$$Talking!
Harold,
I've heard through the grapevine that Rick is going to let Vickers go after this incident since he's leaving at the end of the year anyway.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:43 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Tristar 190, 1989 / Maristar 210 2002
Send a message via MSN to LakePirate
Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier
Harold,
I've heard through the grapevine that Rick is going to let Vickers go after this incident since he's leaving at the end of the year anyway.

Word around the campfire is that even before that race at 'Dega Ganassi was in talks with Hendrick to put Mears over in the 25 before the year was out
Old 10-10-2006, 03:51 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: X2 2005
Thank you all for the info

Wow I would have a hard time driving for a “BOSS” that would be mad at me
For going for the win, the position that the 48 car was in on the last lap,he had the win, I understand “BIG PICTURE” racing but he is a racer, you need to go to for the win!!!!!!!

On the Toyota engine, are that going to be a made out of the TRD plant and given to the teams Like open wheel?
Or that going to be team built, backed by Toyota?
Old 10-10-2006, 04:00 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Harold,

The newspaper article didn't say anything to that effect, yet, look @ Sadler and Mayfield so far, it ain't Silly Season anymore, more like DA Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At some point in time people need to wake up, remove their cranial intrusion into their own rectal areas, and take responsibility for their own actions.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:18 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDog1

For going for the win, the position that the 48 car was in on the last lap,he had the win, I understand “BIG PICTURE” racing but he is a racer, you need to go to for the win!!!!!!!

At the end of the season, if Johnson had stayed behind Jr. and gained a bunch of points toward the Championship, it could possibly earned Johnson [driver], Jeff Gordon [car owner], and Rick Hendrick [team owner/partner w/ Gordon] as much as $3 million or more. When the season is over, depending on where Johnson finishes in the top 10 in the Chase, the wreck Sunday a Dega will be talked about for YEARS, when it comes to looking at the Big Picture[Nextel Cup Championship points]. Watch the Awards Banquet in New York and see actually how much money Johnson gets for where he finished in the points and do the math if he doesn't win the Championship.

On the Toyota engine, are that going to be a made out of the TRD plant and given to the teams Like open wheel?
See the remark that somehow ended up in your quote above.^
Team built engines, backed by Toyota just like Ford, Chrysler and GM, just like the Craftsman Truck Series.

Old 10-10-2006, 04:19 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
T R D

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDog1

Rex,
TRD is behind the engine development, I don't think it can be used in open wheel. It's too big CU. IN. and too heavy. This engine was designed for NASCAR use.
Old 10-10-2006, 04:31 PM
MC Hero

Quote:
Rex,
TRD is behind the engine development, I don't think it can be used in open wheel. It's too big CU. IN. and too heavy. This engine was designed for NASCAR use.

When Toyota first started running the trucks, I read in a racing article, that the Toyota engine would basically be a modified Chevy block, modified Ford heads and Chrysler hot air, built by Americans, supervised by little, obcessed Japanese drinking Saki, shouting Tora, Tora, Tora, NASCAR American Rednecks!

Last edited by TMCNo1; 10-10-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old 10-10-2006, 06:02 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: X2 2005
….hummmmmm

NASCAR Looking For Way To Open Toyota Program
So you'd like to race and Toyota would be your choice of manufacturer. It may be impossible to buy a Toyota racing engine or parts to build one. NASCAR is looking for a way to open up Toyota's engine program so that it's open to the independent motor builders. The big three, Chevrolet, Ford and Dodge have open programs so that anyone wishing to build one of those engines, can buy the parts and construct one. But Toyota's program is closed and doesn't allow the independent builders to buy the parts. It's not available to anyone not a part of the Toyota Racing family. ...Daily Headlines