Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-27-2004, 09:57 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Triton 176 Mag
No different than being a MC man. I even waited a year to buy the MC, until I found one with a Ford engine that was in good shape. I passed on several with chevy motors in them.
Old 08-27-2004, 10:21 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Current: '03 X2 w/ MCX. Former: '91 Prostar
NASCAR's not really my thing racing-wise either, but I did do the Petty Driving Experience about 4 years ago and it was cool. This was at the track at Disney (a legitimate track, IRL raced there for a number of years), not a super speedway unfortunately. In fact, at the time, they wouldn't let you attend an event at one of the big tracks prior to trying one of the "small" tracks.

Just sitting there idling w/ 600hp under your right foot is worth the price...

Jay
Old 08-28-2004, 10:59 AM
Leroy

I enjoy all of the races, and I have one each here, IRL, Nascar, and F1. Went to Indy and it was a really great race this year. Missed the Brickyard and F1 unfortunately.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:19 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Leroy,

Looks like you had a great seat at Indy!
Old 08-28-2004, 11:31 AM
Leroy

Yes, first turn penthouse, best seats in the whole track, you can pretty much see cars all the way around except for 3rd and 4th. We had pretty good seats, but after the rain, just walked up there!
Old 08-30-2004, 04:40 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
I certainly agree that NASCAR has gotten to the point that "it's all about the money". They've turned their backs on the folks that made them what they are and are now doing whatever they can to chase a buck. I also agree that there is very little (nothing) about the cars they race that has anything to do with the cars on the street. I miss the old days when they took a car off the production line, welded the doors shut, welded in a roll cage, made a few other modifications and went racing. Heck, at one time they actually drove the cars to the track (o.k., that was before my time). Now it's just a bunch of pretty boys who couldn't change their own spark plugs, even if they knew what they were.

I haven't been to a race in several years, but I do watch most of them on TV. Guess when you grow up with it all around you it kind of gets in your blood. Besides, I only live about 2 miles from Richard Petty, and close enough to their Victory Junction Gang Camp that we can hear them through the woods. All of us in the surrounding neighborhoods got to tour the camp before it opened. It's a really neat place that has the unenviable task of making these kids' lives a little better.

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205, 275hp EFI -- Original Owner
Old 08-30-2004, 04:50 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Maristar 200VRS X2
I just got back from Bristol, great race and I don't think we left any beer in the county.
Old 09-07-2004, 03:28 PM
MC Maniac

I can't believe my man Rusty is letting go after next year. I do like him calling it his LAST CALL TOUR. Fitting for the sponsor he has!
Old 09-07-2004, 10:58 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1979 Stars and Stripes
hey nows my chance to get to drive the miller lite dodge! woo hoo
Old 09-08-2004, 09:07 AM
MC Maniac

I just wish it was still the Miller Lite FORD!