Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-26-2004, 11:37 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1979 Stars and Stripes
Ford man as well...i bet my first couple of years of college i was payin all of rusty's bills Brad. I figure rusty owes me and my buddies at least a couple of old tires and parts along with some tickets...Im a big Mark Martin fan...been one since i was 6 and he was driving the Valvoline car. I dont like dale jr, or jeff gordon and his crowd...and i damn sure dont like tony stewart. Talladega is only like 30 or 45 minute ride up the road from here. been going since i was a kid havent been since the last time i went when i spent the nite in Talladega couty jail

by the way brad you gettin ready for the big game september 18? im goin on the road with my buddies here in a couple of weeks to an LSU game..their band is playin a frat party or somethin down that way... so if you see the RiverRun Band playing any where come looke me up...i'll buy you a cold...........
Old 08-27-2004, 12:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 05 X-45
F1 is where it's at, turning left gets boring. That's right...I said it.
Old 08-27-2004, 12:56 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric
Never been a fan but it looks like fun.
Stand on the couch with your shirt off on Sunday. Have a favorite driver and be able to scream booogy boogy boogy when they drop the flag!
Ric, that rules!

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:46 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
While I consider myself a car guy, Nascar is SSOOOOOO boring.. I call it the 200 mile traffic jamb....

Jeff Gordon BETTER be going fast.. He will NEVER make enough money to pay off his EX.... He should be the poster child for "why rich and famous people should NOT get married"......

Of course Brook is "single"... And rich.........
Old 08-27-2004, 01:58 PM
MC Addict

Boat: MasterCraft PS205 351 HO
Ok,

Brook is now my new favorite.. GO Brook!! Get a full pass

Old 08-27-2004, 02:22 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
I've been a Bill Elliott fan since about 1984, the year before he really started winning a lot. My dad was a big David Pearson fan when we were growing up, and after Pearson retired it was pretty much anybody that drove a Ford. My loyalty switched to Dodges when I bought my truck, but Fords are my next favorite. Now that Bill has semi-retired I'm pulling for his replacement, Kasey Kahne.

Say what you will, I'll bet that most guys on this board would jump at the chance to get behind the wheel of one of those Richard Petty Driving Experience cars at a track like Charlotte, Atlanta, etc. That's my fantasy birthday gift; 150mph on a high-banked oval.

While I enjoy watching NASCAR races on Sunday afternoons, I usually wind up napping through about the middle half of the race. I appreciate the exoticness of the F1 cars, but how boring is it to watch one person win 12 out of 13 races, watch cars that you have no brand loyalty to (Ferrari, Lotus, Williams, etc.), and watch cars that can't even bump into each other without flying into a thousand million-dollar pieces?

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205, 275hp EFI -- Original Owner

Last edited by captkidd; 08-27-2004 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:33 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1982 Skier19, Powerslot, 351PCM
Robby Gordon

Maybe we should all be fans of Robby Gordon, he drives a Mastercraft!

http://www.robbygordon.com/cgi-bin/I...craft_X10&img=

Last edited by ski_king; 08-27-2004 at 03:16 PM.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:52 PM
MC Addict

Boat: Tubtime Tugboat
Send a message via MSN to bcampbe7
Awesome!!!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:01 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 2007 Triton 176 Mag
Rem P, I ready for the big game, just hoping my Tigers are ready. Not real sure about the new quarterback?? I need to come visit us in April at the race for some cold beer and fun! We are coming in October, but just driving in and out. We will be camping in April!
Old 08-27-2004, 09:49 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: MC Maristar 225 VRS 1994 350TBI
Quote:
Originally Posted by captkidd
I've been a Bill Elliott fan since about 1984, the year before he really started winning a lot. My dad was a big David Pearson fan when we were growing up, and after Pearson retired it was pretty much anybody that drove a Ford. My loyalty switched to Dodges when I bought my truck, but Fords are my next favorite. Now that Bill has semi-retired I'm pulling for his replacement, Kasey Kahne.

Say what you will, I'll bet that most guys on this board would jump at the chance to get behind the wheel of one of those Richard Petty Driving Experience cars at a track like Charlotte, Atlanta, etc. That's my fantasy birthday gift; 150mph on a high-banked oval.

While I enjoy watching NASCAR races on Sunday afternoons, I usually wind up napping through about the middle half of the race. I appreciate the exoticness of the F1 cars, but how boring is it to watch one person win 12 out of 13 races, watch cars that you have no brand loyalty to (Ferrari, Lotus, Williams, etc.), and watch cars that can't even bump into each other without flying into a thousand million-dollar pieces?
I understand brand loyalty but the cars we buy and drive have NOTHING to do with the cars raced at Nascar.. It is more like F1 than the "good ole boys" days when they were all just booze runners..
Hey I would love to drive ANY racing vehicle out there.. Just don't understand the ford/chev/dodge mentality anymore....

Its all about MONEY...........