Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-27-2011, 12:37 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
B.I.G. Nav screen????

What is the point of the Nav screen when it doenst work and no mention in the manual. Future Navigation? or is it Nav ready and all I have to do is buy a plug in modual?

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Old 07-27-2011, 04:46 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
It's an added option. My lake is only 80 acres so no need for navigation to find my way around!

Last edited by ShawnB; 07-27-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-28-2011, 02:15 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X25SS
If you look at the system settings on the BIG, all the way down you'll find an option that says feature unlock. If you open that you should have one option available that says "chart plotter" (nav). You can contact medallion instruments and they'll give you an unlock code to put in which should activate the nav feature.

After that, you need to get the maps for it. I paid around 120 dollars, received an unlock code and plugged it in. So now the chart plotter does pop up when i press the nav button. Only thing is for some reason it says GPS data not available.

I would have thought the system would have used the same gps receiver used by Zero Off, but that doesn't seem to be the case. No one seems to have an answer on that for the time being...

If you would like to get the nav option then I'd recommend you check with MC first before getting the unlock code from medallion whether you would need to do any hardware modification.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:27 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2014 X30 with a lightly tickled LS7
I ordered my boat with the chartplotter, and it has an additional antenna. I am not sure how hragsarkissian got the unlock code from Medallion, because they are not supposed to give it to the consumer unless MC has given authorization for that serial number to be unlocked. You are supposed to buy the option through a dealer, and the dealer will supply the unlock code.

With that being said, it was a waste of money for me. I had tons of problems with the chartplotter and now I use a chartplotter app on my Iphone that is a lot better, and cost 1/10th as much....
Old 07-28-2011, 08:54 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourFourty View Post
I ordered my boat with the chartplotter, and it has an additional antenna. I am not sure how hragsarkissian got the unlock code from Medallion, because they are not supposed to give it to the consumer unless MC has given authorization for that serial number to be unlocked. You are supposed to buy the option through a dealer, and the dealer will supply the unlock code.
When going in the system menu, there is a message at the bottom that says "Contact www.Medallionis.com" for unlock code. That's exactly what i did, went on their website, got their contact info and e-mailed em. Gave em the serial number, paid and got the key by e-mail.

The dealer here is almost none existing so that wasn't really an option.

In anycase, I also found an app on my phone which works great!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:27 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: N/A
This is interesting. Does the plotter work without the additional antenna?
Old 07-28-2011, 09:43 AM
TT Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnB View Post
This is interesting. Does the plotter work without the additional antenna?
nope, the unlock code was pretty much a waste, even though the chart plotter does comes up. I can't get a signal from the Zero Off antenna.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:25 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2009 X-Star LY6
I would think that additional GPS hardware would bhe required. Just like a car stereo that is NAV ready, you still need to buy the GPS antenna.

I think I might contact MC/dealer and get more info on this.

Owned:
2012 X25
2011 X25
2009 Moomba LSV
2009 Moomba Outback V
2008 Monterey FS180
Pelican 4 set paddle boat
plastic tug boat when I was 4
Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
I bought the nav package, everything is working good. Its not as good as my Lowrance on the old boat, nut it works pretty well. I got mine for free with purchace, part of the deal I cut. Its not a bad system, but not the best either....
Old 07-29-2011, 02:46 AM
TT Enthusiast

any idea where that second antenna is working? also how do you upload maps? is it through the usb port?