Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Old 07-21-2011, 07:11 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Yeah a new CNC oj or acme will be fine yes.

I love the 4 blades as the speed is more consistant and a bigger skier could pull the speed down with a 3 blade especially if the engine is not the HO engine. The 3 blades do have a higher top end though.

The torque with the 4 is awesome. Maybe I'll try a CNC 3 blade for grins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 07-21-2011, 07:14 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
I also believe people added weight to the bow to represent 2 judges that would be sitting in the observer seat. That was my justification for adding all of my stereo system lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 07-21-2011, 08:16 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Yeah a new CNC oj or acme will be fine yes.

I love the 4 blades as the speed is more consistant and a bigger skier could pull the speed down with a 3 blade especially if the engine is not the HO engine. The 3 blades do have a higher top end though.

The torque with the 4 is awesome. Maybe I'll try a CNC 3 blade for grins.
The Acme 541 had the same or greater surface area as their 4 blade. I have a 4 blade now, but it was what was recommended for my boat. At the time I bought the 541, that's what Bill was recommending for my 93 Pro Star.

Eric's recommendations for the OJ may be different. I seem to recall BrianM's liking the OJ XMP four blade better in his application.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-21-2011, 10:45 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 190, 1992, 351
Did you guys notice a change in the rooster tail between the 3 and 4 blade props when testing? On my last boat I tried several different props and found that one prop made the 22 bump low/firm and another prop created a tall/soft bump. Long liners preferred not to see the large foamy RT.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:30 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Check out BrianM's prop comparison

http://press.mastercraft.com/teamtal...ad.php?t=31670

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-23-2011, 03:00 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
You are not going to get rid of the chine spray. but a CNC prop will help your wake a bit. You have one of the best hulls for slalom wake period. The 91-94 PS190's are considered the best with the exception of the spray. for the Power Slot guys, both companies recommend 4 blades, for the 1:1 guys, they recommend 3 blades most of the time. Eric from OJ is a GREAT guy to deal with and will send you a prop or more for free to try until find the one that you like the best.
I am a OJ fan, but that's personal preference. Call OJ or Acme and talk to them about what you want from your boat and they will recommend a prop. Pick whomever you want. OJ's customer service is 10000% TOP NOTCH!!!

Also, wanted to add that with the 4 blade prop, my strongest pull across the wakes only pulls my speed down by about .2 mph, I love my OJ 4 blade!!!

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Last edited by DooSPX; 07-24-2011 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-23-2011, 04:28 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Other
Try the 5 blade, should solv all your problems!
Attached Images

Old 07-23-2011, 07:41 PM
TT Newbie

Here is a picture of wake at 34 and spray at 30. My wife slowed down with out me knowing so speeds were not the same.
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2011, 12:09 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
I don't see anything different about those pictures that is not normal about the era hull. The wake looks great, and the rooster tail, you shouldn't worry about it. A CNC will knock it down some though...

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?

Last edited by DooSPX; 07-25-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:08 PM
TT Newbie

To continue with getting my new old boat dialed in I have moved both batteries up to the bow that slightly changed the attitude of the boat on plane. Ground down the ruder so it pulls slightly to the right and last changed from the standard 13 x 13 OJ to the ACME 541. Here is a set of pictures at 32 mph old prop vs ACME 541.

The first pic is with the 541 ACME and the second is with a slightly dinged standard OJ.
Attached Images

Tags
rooster, spray, wake