Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 07-13-2011, 09:16 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Malibu Response LX
X-1

i have a malibu, and i am in love with it. however, i'm short on space, and looking for other ideas, possibly for a winter '11/'12 buy. i like simple stuff, all of the stairs, and seats, and walkthroughs and blahblahblah drives me insane. i just think it's hideous. so i'm down to a ride 21v and the x-1. i've always had an affinity for the og x-star/2/1, but haven't been in the position to buy one (i was in school, and didn't make enough my first years out).

here are my questions:
-do i have to get a mastercraft trailer? i'd prefer an extreme.
-what is the base msrp? i don't need anything except a tower. i prefer custom bimini, stereo, and ballast.

thanks, y'all.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:35 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Boatless, for now :(
Welcome to the family (hopefully). I was looking at the X1/old X2-Star and the 21 VRide last year when I purchased my boat. Space was an important factor for me too and I felt all those older models were too narrow and shallow inside so I ended up going with the 2006 X2 (picklefork). We absolutely LOVE our boat and it does everything we ask of it extrememly well. You can't go wrong with any of the models you listed but the extra room in the newer hull is very nice.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:05 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Was 2007 X1 - now looking
A few of your comments seem to possibly indicate you are looking to buy a new one. Rumor has it you are out of luck as it has supposedly been discontinued.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:17 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft X1 2006 310HP
When I bought my X1 I got a Dorsey trailer so I would imagine you can order without the tower.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:41 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2002 X-Star, LTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobx1 View Post
A few of your comments seem to possibly indicate you are looking to buy a new one. Rumor has it you are out of luck as it has supposedly been discontinued.
Really? The death of the 205V???
Old 07-13-2011, 11:56 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Sporkcraft
Mastercraft trailers are options, you can get your own model...
Old 07-14-2011, 12:56 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Malibu Response LX
that's a shame if they really are planning the discontinuation of a truly seminal hull. plus, the classic lines are hard to beat. if it were up to me, the boat would just be a solid, maybe a single stripe, and have mastercraft on side in their somewhat-classic font. simplicity is timeless.

i'm not at all a fan of the picklefork craze, so i will never be buying any brand of the configuration despite the increased stowage. not to mention, that hull's wake still ranks up there with the current big boys.

i saw that the trailer was an option, but i have yet to see a mc with an other-than-mc trailer.

and does anyone know the msrp? i briefly checked boattrader and truly laughed out loud when i saw a 2011 x-1 with mild options for >70k.

thanks again.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:29 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
An X1 should be had for around 50-60 with min options. I know at the dealer I bought my boat they will have it on a mastercraft trailer, but you don't have to buy the trailer. You would most likely have to buy the trailer you like seperately and then have them put it on the trailer.

If you want one you better get one fast, what they have is what they have.

personally I am bigger fan of the X2, Great wakeboarding wake, really good surfwake and tons of room for the boats size. If I get rid of my X30 the X2 would be my next purchase.

good luck!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:09 AM
MC Maniac

Boat: ER xstar
I have the same hull (2005 X2). For my crew (mainly wakeboarding) its a perfect first boat. that being said, there's nothing that beats a slammed xstar wake, and nothing that beats the stock wake on a X25. Both boats are much, MUCH larger than mine and will be looking to upgrade to one of these two in the next few years solely on a space concern. To be fair, the 21V will be a much larger boat than the X1, but will definitely not have the quality of build or wake of the X1.
Old 07-14-2011, 10:29 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X2
i had no other boat in mind except the 205v/x1 but decided on the 08 x2 with wake plate. Decent slalom wake and easy to surf. Our lake is getting busier and my neighbor with an x1 said it was beating him up if he is out for more than an hour. x2 is great on rough seas and lots of stowage.
1996 Bayliner 2050