Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Engine / Drive Train

Old 07-10-2011, 11:38 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 Prostar 190, Indmar 351
Send a message via Yahoo to JMann
ASAP is relative. I know it's going to be a week or so, I want to do it correct. I think last night I was excited to get on the water. I have a 2 year old and 4 month old and today was the first day I was going to take the whole family out on the water. That didn't happen. Now I need to get it fixed correct so I can get them on the water sometime this summer. I am going to buy the rebuild kit and give it a shot. I am pretty mechanically inclined and have a friend that has done car carbs before that will help. Hopefully I can be on the water soon.
I will post how my rebuild goes and let you all know
Old 07-11-2011, 12:11 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.mccreight@hotmail.com View Post
The Holley Renew kit you need is Holley part number 703-47
Summitracing has them in stock for $37 http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HLY-703-47/
Thanks for the kit. That is the same one I thought I needed from my research. It is nice to hvae confirmation that I was on the right track. I am going to call my local shop and see if they have one. if not i will order it tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:34 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1990 prostar 190
Sorry for the confusion. I guess everyones ASAP is different from mine. If you ever see it in my post the wife and kids are sitting in the truck waiting on me to fix the boat or Im stuck in the middle of the lake needing info. I was under the impression you were trying to go to the water right then and your day was done over 2 O-rings.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:03 PM
MC Fanatic

So I picked up the renew kit this morning for $38. I am going to try to get this complete this weekend and get back on the water. Any tricks or tips for rebuilding the carb? This will be my first one.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Just be sure to clean everything good and pay attention holleys are pretty straight forward

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 07-13-2011, 09:00 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1967 Correct Craft Barracuda SS 318 chrysler
Talking Easy fix

the transfer tube o rings are an easy fix and can be had from Summit or Jeg's,$2.99 for two,I also am in the process of replacing the front bowl gasket and metering block gasket with the newer blue material.on my '90 indmar prostar.The ethanol gas ate completely through the cork gasket in the past four years! Check your float adjustment while you have the carb apart.I also recommend buying a pack of nylon washers for the bowl bolts,pack of 10 is available from Jeg's.Good luck
Old 07-24-2011, 05:51 PM
MC Fanatic

I just got the carb off and have a friend that has rebuilt carb before that is going to help me this week. I am changing the oil now and while getting to the drain hose I noticed the red battery cable that runs through the bilge has a crack in it and rust on it.

After further investigation it is the throttle cable, which wraps up the back up over the exhaust and to the carb and PP. I guess I will be calling SkiDim in the am to order one.

Last edited by JMann; 07-24-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:02 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 1977 Stars & Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMann View Post
I just got the carb off and have a friend that has rebuilt carb before that is going to help me this week. I am changing the oil now and while getting to the drain hose I noticed the red battery cable that runs through the bilge has a crack in it and rust on it.

After further investigation it is the throttle cable, which wraps up the back up over the exhaust and to the carb and PP. I guess I will be calling SkiDim in the am to order one.
Nice to find that before it seized up.

Tandem Axle Wheel & Tire Package $659
4 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 4 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires

Single Axle Wheel & Tire Package $399
2 S5 or S5 Black 14x5.5 wheels, 2 ST205/75R14 Kenda Loadstar tires
MOUNT, BALANCE & FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED IN BOTH PACKAGES

CARB REBUILDING - FAST TURN-AROUND - $125 +PARTS
LED lights, Hubs, Spare Tire Carriers, Chrome & Powder Coated Lug Nuts - Red, Blue & Black

PM or email me tiresplease@gmail.com
Old 07-25-2011, 01:00 AM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
Nice to find that before it seized up.
How hard is it to replace? Looks pretty straight forward. Any advice or hints would be appreciated.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:25 PM
MC Fanatic

Finally got the carb rebuilt but haven't bolted it on. With kids, wedding and birthdays I haven't had chance. Hopefully I will get to it Saturday and see how I did. The guy that helped me said it should bolt on and run like a champ.

I called skidim about the control cable that is showing wear and they said I need to get the length. Anyone know what length U Flex control cable I need for my 1991 PS 190? I don't want to have to pull it out until I have the new one in hand.

Tags
1991 ps 190, carb, fuel problem, indmar