Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Underwater Running Gear

Old 08-26-2004, 11:13 AM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
It's a bust. Group Buy - Harmonic Prop Puller

This is a carry-over from another thread. I just emailed Steve Schnitzer who is interested in working with us on a group buy for Acme Harmonic Prop Pullers. I think they usually sell for around $30 per unit. I've asked him to give us a quote as to how many people we need and a per unit price and am waiting to hear back.

I've never organized one of these before, so if anyone has any advice or wants to take the helm, now'd be the time.

Let me know if you're interested.

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 09-03-2004 at 10:20 AM.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:31 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: MasterCraft, 19 FT, 1986 S&S, 351 Ford
Doug,
I currently have a prop puller... not sure what kind it is... Thankful that I have only had to use it once. It is the treaded type that reaches behind the prop... and as you tighten it down it pops the prop loose. Would the one that you are working on work any different. Price talks... could be a good Christmas Gift.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:33 AM
MC Hero

Okay, heard back from Schnitz. With a group buy of 15 or more, we can get them for $28 delivered in the United States.

Don't forget to let me know what the diameter of your prop shaft is.

So far, we have two on the list. You can email me if you like.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.

Last edited by east tx skier; 08-26-2004 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:34 AM
TT Regular

Boat: 1999 Sammy Duvall 190 - LT1
15 deliveries? Or 1?
Old 08-26-2004, 11:48 AM
MC Hero

15 deliveries. We could get more of a discount with 1 delivery, but quite frankly, I don't want to juggle all of that and think that he may have a better handle on good shipping deals than someone like me.

Tom, this is different. It just screws onto the end of the shaft in place of the nut. You hit it once or twice with a hammer and (in theory) it pops off.

Tim has had good results with his.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 08-26-2004, 11:55 AM
TT Enthusiast

Thanks Doug... Since I have only had to use once in over 9 years. I'll put the $28 towards carpet/skins. This for the information and effort. "Two hit with the hammer", hmmmm.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:14 PM
MC Hero

Let's say "taps."

Probably not a bad thing to have handy if you ding your prop though. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

Old 08-26-2004, 12:18 PM
TT Enthusiast

I have one... just a different style. Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:20 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2001 X30 LTR
For $28 bucks I'll give one a try, even though I have the other type. Could be a lot easier if need to swap at the lake. If it doesn't work it will be an interesting paper weight in the office. I have 1 1/8" shaft.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:23 PM
MC Hero

Got you down Tom, and welcome to the board. Are you on the Lakes at Cypress Hills? If so, my compliments on a beautiful ski site. I was there for regionals (not skiing).

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club