Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 07-01-2011, 08:06 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: Prostar 205
Second battery in prostar

Thinking about putting a second battery in a 96 205. Has anyone done this and where did they put it? I recently removed my heater from under the dash and think that might be a good place but I don't know if it will fit and the cables to the other battery will 10-12 feet long. I would rather not place it next to the first battery due to space and also the first is sunken partially in the floor. Also I'm terrible at wiring and the multiple battery post on this site are confusing, can someone tell me a simple way.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:21 PM
MC Hero

Boat: 1998 Ski Nautique
Maybe a silly question, but why do you want a second battery? What kind of stereo are you running?

Red 1998 Closed Bow Ski Boat, Ford 351, 310 hp, Acme 4 blade, Perfect Pass SG.

FAQ

Tyler Ski Club

To me, this forum is about love of inboard boats. It is about the sharing of information and, on a good day, some humor. It is not about post count, brand of boat, or any other superfluous labels that lend themselves to a false sense of superiority. Please, respect one another, try to pass on accurate information, and keep your eye on the ball.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:42 PM
TT Newbie

6 speakers with a sub and 2 amps. The volt meter on the dash reads just over 12v.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:18 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoney View Post
Thinking about putting a second battery in a 96 205. Has anyone done this and where did they put it? I recently removed my heater from under the dash and think that might be a good place but I don't know if it will fit and the cables to the other battery will 10-12 feet long. I would rather not place it next to the first battery due to space and also the first is sunken partially in the floor. Also I'm terrible at wiring and the multiple battery post on this site are confusing, can someone tell me a simple way.
I put mine in the passenger storage area right up front with the amps and down firing sub.
Attached Images

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-03-2011, 01:16 AM
TT Newbie

How did u wide it?
Old 07-04-2011, 06:19 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft, ProStar 205, 350 Indmar with 275 hp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoney View Post
How did u wide it?
How did I wire it??

Put an isolator back by the original battery and ran heavy gauge wires from there. Power lines directly to that battery to the radio components.

Used this diagram as a guide. Its not 100% accurate as minor changes were made during install. Some of this was done because of pre-existing wire runs and this doesn't show the power run from the radio to the battery.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Boat Wiring.pdf (13.6 KB, 203 views)

1994 MasterCraft ProStar 205
275 HP 350 Chevy Indmar
Monster Tower & PerfectPass

Check out the MasterCraft Buckeye Bash on Facebook!

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-25-2011, 05:10 AM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft, X-Star, 2000, TBI, Wetsounds Audio
I have a 2000 X-Star 205V. There is a cavity between the port and starboard side in the floor. It is where the kickboard slides in but connects the two sides of the boat. I was able to put through two battery cables, Ipod control cable and another 4 core wire that I might use in the future. Because of this I now have a battery neatly tucked and no long wires running around the nose of the boat and the ipod at my fingertips.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:14 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 1991 ProStar 190
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/...t=3557&page=22