Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-29-2011, 11:02 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1986 prostar
Jackson res Colorado mastercrafts rant...

To all the new mastercrafts I see on the water at Jackson Res in Colorado... Seen alot the past few weeks I haven't seen around. Some older boats and few newer.. Welcome to my home Now stop insisting on pulling a tube through the only section of glass on the lake! Your tubing, get out in the ruff stuff, its more fun anyway! Stop circling me in your new x55 giving me a thumbs up as if you like my classic mastercraft while trying to sink me with your 4 foot wall of water coming at me from every direction! And last but not least wish number 3... Please stop power turning! Its not needed.. You don't look cool.. The chicks you throw around your boat everytime are not impressed either. Ok now that we have that out of the way... Lets enjoy our summer.. Im in the gray w/ red rainbow graphics prostar with the ten foot pole that's on the water 4 or 5 days a week and anchors on north shore private side about 200 yrs down from state side camping..If were sitting between runs feel free to come say hi :p
Old 06-29-2011, 11:22 PM
Skipper

Funny, I just spent a few weeks on Lake Powell and experienced similar creatures. I like to call them X-Holes! Large, expensive, wonderful boats towing tubes in figure eights in what otherwise would be pristine water conditions. Oh, and the surfer dudes running at all angles across the water with ten tons of ballast who power turn to pick up their surfer dude. But it was not just the MC's, lots of Malibu's, Supremes, and Nautiques. Same formula though - insanely expensive large boat + total disregard for everyone else on the water = a typical day on the lake.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:33 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Used to have 2006 X-45....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
Funny, I just spent a few weeks on Lake Powell and experienced similar creatures. I like to call them X-Holes! Large, expensive, wonderful boats towing tubes in figure eights in what otherwise would be pristine water conditions. Oh, and the surfer dudes running at all angles across the water with ten tons of ballast who power turn to pick up their surfer dude. But it was not just the MC's, lots of Malibu's, Supremes, and Nautiques. Same formula though - insanely expensive large boat + total disregard for everyone else on the water = a typical day on the lake.
Amen, Bro. Same experience here at lake powell. Also when I am at the very end of the bay camping, you have to come down to the very end to surf. I don't understand ruining the glass to surf.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:14 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
I was at Powell 3 weeks ago in my X55, it wasn't me! I swear, it was not. We don't do power turns, we stop the throttle, turn right and pick up my kid at almost idle. We do however, surf in the glass. We surf and board in the glass, that will never change. But never back in the canyons.

I have an X55, stupid expensive, and darn it, people love me.

God, I am afraid to ask what color the X55 was you saw....

oh, and we don't tube... not for a couple years now.
Old 06-30-2011, 12:33 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2 - 350MCX
and.......................... you forgot to mention the dip sh**s who insist on doing doughnuts with 3 ballast tanks full of water.................... right in front of the boat ramp, usually, just as you are trying to get your boat on the trailer without putting it thru the back window!!
Old 06-30-2011, 01:06 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Used to have 2006 X-45....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskie05 View Post
I was at Powell 3 weeks ago in my X55, it wasn't me! I swear, it was not. We don't do power turns, we stop the throttle, turn right and pick up my kid at almost idle. We do however, surf in the glass. We surf and board in the glass, that will never change. But never back in the canyons.

I have an X55, stupid expensive, and darn it, people love me.

God, I am afraid to ask what color the X55 was you saw....

oh, and we don't tube... not for a couple years now.
HAHA...and people like me! Loved that one.

The sweetest part was when this red centurion who had been surfing at the very end of the bay where my houseboat was. It was sort of irritating to me because the water was decent everywhere late in the evening and his rollers were causing me to watch the jetski and how it was tied to the houseboat. The guy does a powerturn and lets off the throttle right as he gets to his rollers. The first one goes over the bow and soaks the bow observers, and then the second one is this monster wave that sprays off of the windshield and everything. It was my pleasure to watch them bail water with a big 64 oz big gulp cup for about 10 minutes. I could see them plugging in a Tsunami pump to help as well, so he must have really had a lot of water in there. (They did not appear to be sinking, or I would have helped.) But I could not help myself but laugh.

Huskie, please don't tell me that you surf before 9am? It is against Man-law to do that.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:18 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Mastercraft, X55,LSA
We wakebaord until noon, then start surfing. If I can get the kids moving before 9am I am doing great. Once we get into a houseboat timeshare I bet it will be different, then all we need to do is get in the boat and get going. We will be down at Bullfrog tomorrow, coming back on Tuesday. Look for the X55, white, black, and some orange.

happy 4th RedRider.
Old 06-30-2011, 10:26 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 x14v
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehigh970 View Post
To all the new mastercrafts I see on the water at Jackson Res in Colorado... Seen alot the past few weeks I haven't seen around. Some older boats and few newer.. Welcome to my home Now stop insisting on pulling a tube through the only section of glass on the lake! Your tubing, get out in the ruff stuff, its more fun anyway! Stop circling me in your new x55 giving me a thumbs up as if you like my classic mastercraft while trying to sink me with your 4 foot wall of water coming at me from every direction! And last but not least wish number 3... Please stop power turning! Its not needed.. You don't look cool.. The chicks you throw around your boat everytime are not impressed either. Ok now that we have that out of the way... Lets enjoy our summer.. Im in the gray w/ red rainbow graphics prostar with the ten foot pole that's on the water 4 or 5 days a week and anchors on north shore private side about 200 yrs down from state side camping..If were sitting between runs feel free to come say hi :p
milehigh-we were thinking about coming out to Jackson later in the summer. Now it doesn't sound so appealing. I've heard it's fairly quiet in the weekdays and early mornings--wanted to try out the new ski and board. We only tube in the afternoon where it's already choppy. Is the water level expected to stay up for the remainder of the summer?
Old 06-30-2011, 11:07 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1986 prostar
Yeah i never even mentioned the surf boats loaded to the max surfing the glass... Lol Hey Gt, how ya doin? Don't let me scare you off.. Lol i just had to vent a lil bit you are right though, weekdays and morning/evenings is where it is at! You can almost always find good water by the dam or on the backside though during a busy weekend. Don't be worried about water level till after the first of august.. But as of now it is looking like we will be full all year!
Old 06-30-2011, 12:55 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar 205, 1994, LT1
I wonder if it's the guy I saw down here in the Springs a few weeks ago.....

Looked like an F250 pulling a LARGE 5th wheel, and then a Red, X55 behind that. Quite the load and something I would NOT want to be driving for sure! Worth a camera shot but couldn't react in time.

1994 205, LT1