Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-27-2011, 10:51 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
Maristar 210 VRS

Can anyone tell me what the Maristar 210VRS was originally designed for? (2000 model) I like my boat and am considering buying a new one, (newer). I like it but it does have a couple of things that i do not like and or there is new stuff out there that I would like. I am just trying to see where I should go when looking at boats, is there a chart that says what boats are good for what, and I would like to know where my current boat sits in that chart.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Boat: 06 X30
I think if you started with what you like to do in your boat, ski, wakeboard, surf, number or people you take, where you normally boat and possible price range folks might have a better idea what to recommend to you.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:19 AM
MC Fanatic

Smile

well i like to wake board, my kids are going to start soon, they love to tube as well. the price range, well i am not too worried about price right now, but i would like to keep it under 50K, its not going to be a purchase done right away but i am going to do it before i get out of the army so i will be ready to enjoy it.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:20 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2008 MasterCraft ProStar 197
Send a message via AIM to erkoehler Send a message via MSN to erkoehler
The x10 or 210 was designed as a cross over boat. In my opinion it didn't do anything perfect, but it was a ok boat for everything .........as a crossover should be

The boat was replaced by the x15 which came out in 2006.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:56 AM
TT Newbie

Boat: 2000 Maristar 210 VRS
Bought a new to me 2000 210 VRS this spring.
I like to ski and am learning to wakeboard and the kids (4 & 7) like to tube. It's a great all around boat. I had a custom bimini made for it and the family can stay out on the lake all day.

The only complaint I have (and it's a minor one) is the one piece motorized rear engine hatch.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:58 AM
MC Fanatic

yeah, the gas shock is either giving out or is out because it is not going up the right way anymore, that is causing the screws to come out a little.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 230 VRS
The 210/X10 (And 230/X30) hull has more of a V(ish) shape to it compared to the 21' "competition" boats of that era. It will generally handle rougher water better and have more freeboard although it's still not something you'd take offshore or anything like that. Just a generally more comfortable ride over the bumps.

Many will say that you sacrifice the wake quality but that's somewhat subjective. The additional freeboard does help when adding ballast because you will be able to put more before you start dipping the bow and what not. The wake quality and ability to handle weight will still be far superior to an I/O. The subtleties of the shape of the wakeboard wake are highly debatable but unless you're a pro the 210/X10 will likely be the best wake you've ever been on depending on what you're used to.

Handling is good but will not be quite as good as the competition hulls with tracking fins. So, depending on how extreme you want to get with your tubing that could be a factor.
Old 06-27-2011, 01:45 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2000 230 VRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon1515 View Post
The only complaint I have (and it's a minor one) is the one piece motorized rear engine hatch.
Here's what I did about that:
http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/show...697#post733697

I haven't regretted removing that actuator one bit yet.