Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > General Discussion

Old 06-26-2011, 05:25 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X-25 / 2011 / Ilmor 5.7L
Unhappy Power Tower problems...

I have the new power tower and it really rocks. The tower has three positions, up, half way, and down.

I just came off the lake yesterday and I was prepping the boat for the short drive home on the trailer. I disconnected the front parts of the bimini and hit the button to lower the tower, it went mid way between up and half way when the starboard side stopped moving. I tried to raise it back up and nothing. I can hear the port side try to move but stop from what I suspect is tention for the other side not moving. I don't hear any sounds of the starboard side trying to move - no sound at all.

It's a new X-25 with only 8 hrs so far, but when I called the boat dealship in just norht of Houston, they said they have a three week wait for any service this time of year. I am planning on a long weekend on the lake starting Thrusday.

Anyone know how to maybe lock the tower in the up position so we can play this next week? anyone else have any problems like this?

I have included a picture taken from the center rear of the boat, you can see the bimini frame is off from the different height levels of the tower sides.

I am a very sad panda atm.

usually JHF
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2011, 05:27 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Mastercraft X-25 / 2011 / Ilmor 5.7L
wrong pic.....
Attached Images

Old 06-26-2011, 05:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2007 X1, RTP
Did you purchase the boat at that dealership? If so, you have a new boat with 8 hours and they are telling you 3 weeks? That is definitely NOT 5 star service.

Six in, Six out.

2007 MasterCraft X-1, CHARCOAL Black
Old 06-26-2011, 05:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Master Craft, Stars & Stripes, 1984, 351, P.Slot
Beautiful boat! Unfortunately I cannot help BUT I have been wondering HOW LONG before those fancy power drives start acting up. Hopefully just a loose wire of fuse or something. There ought to be a manual override for just this reason. That would proly be mentioned in you Owners Man. Good luck. You always have that OLD SKI Pylon in the back. Enjoy!
Old 06-26-2011, 06:00 PM
TT Regular

OUCH. That's rough. I'd be furious if I were you... Hopefully you can get someone here to help you out. I'd probably complain a LOT more to your local dealer. I'm not sure after that big of a purchase I'd except 3 weeks. Then again, you are probably competing with a bunch of other people who have made big purchases too...

Do you have any other dealers in the area? I'd drive a few hours to get it fixed right away if I had the opportunity.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:49 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: Prostar 190 1994
3 weeks?
That's a nonsense when just wrote them such a big check...
What can be more urgent then servicing a brand new boat that you just sold, broken with 8 hours on it?
Old 06-26-2011, 07:26 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Brand new 01 X10
Agreed. Put your foot down and dont take no for an answer!
Old 06-26-2011, 08:32 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 ProStar 197 ProTournament Team
Send a message via AIM to TayMC197
I'd take it to the dealership and tell them to eat SH!T if they don't give you immediate service. I would scream as loud as I could and tell them how big of a piece of SH!T you have and scare the new customers off. I would definately say thats ridiculous that you get a new boat of that caliper and price and your told you'll have to wait. I don't see how MC lets the dealers do this... I would say Lawsuit... Claim the tower failure has ruined 3 weeks worth of family time thats valued at 3 million bucks worth of memories... apparently thats the way to go these days...

Sucks to hear its not working.. hope it gets straigtened out but I would definately put my foot down with the dealer...
Old 06-26-2011, 08:42 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2007 Mastercraft X2 - 350MCX
TAYMC190.......... could not have put it better myself............
with the utmost of respect to my close friends from the US - YOU are very very patient people........ downunder, we do it a little different.........
after spending a lot of money on a toy which really is only used for a very minimal time during the year so we really do wnat to make the best of it.............. to find that the new toy is not working properly, we take it back to the dealer who tries their utmost to help....... the overwhelming theme on the posts is that YOUR dealers are more than happy top take the money but when it comes to some service........."hey buddy - get in line - we are busy this time of year" well....... that is patient because I would rip,their ears off and give one to the manufacturer as well! - THEIR dealer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2011, 09:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: ER xstar
i've seen examples of the power tower not working correctly unless the boat is running. I would try running it in the driveway or taking it to the lake and seeing if it will work there.