Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 06-17-2011, 09:25 PM
georgea0731's Avatar
georgea0731 georgea0731 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: MC, 35th Anniversary Edition, 03 Stars & Stripes
Location: 20 miles S. of ATL, boat Lake Martin, AL
Posts: 474
Ever thought about just getting a trailer

My father in law, made a point, he said a decent trailer can haul anything the back of a truck can and you can pull it with a lot of different vehicles. Food for thought. This might get you by until you know what you really, really want.
I too get very frustrated with the game, cause that's all it is. I've read where there goal is to take as long as possible, because you'll get tired and give in. Remember, the sales person has a script to follow, his boss is watching him and their job depends on it. Doesn't make it right, but I try to do my job to the best of my ability.
Decide what you want, find it on the internet (at least the invoice price) and go tell them what you want then walk if they don't. It's near the end of the model year, incentives are normally out there, selection may be slightly smaller. Remember to look ahead and see what's coming out in 2012. You don't want to buy 2011 and find out there's a new ??? that you'd rather had.
Good luck!
__________________
Previous Boats: 04 X7, 98 190, 96 205, Sylvan Deck
Thanks and best wishes, George & Sara Amonette
770 634 5437
amonette516@comcast.net
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-18-2011, 07:48 AM
ps205's Avatar
ps205 ps205 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Boat: 2001 Prostar 209
Location: Midwest
Posts: 104
Kyle,

I completely understand that its you hard earned money and you must do what you thing is best but....

I just wanted to ask anyone why they would ever buy vehicles new? What is the point? You take a nasty financial hit the second you sign the papers and drive away and then it becomes a used car.... With the economic unrest and gas prices up and down people have brand new trucks and SUV's for sale everyday. Buy a one year old vehicle with low miles from a one owner private individual not a dealer. Take the vehicle you are interested in to a dealer service center and have them check it out. In addition (and this is very important) take the vehicle to a body shop and have them inspect it for paintwork as Carfax does not show anything that was paid for out of pocket.

Trust me when I tell you that humans are impatient by nature and the longer a private individual sits on a vehicle they want to sell the better deal you will get. Why do you think trade-ins happen every day... its not because you get a good deal (some people lose in excess of 7000.00) its because its a quick out for the individual.

As for the vehicle you want... if you can afford it only buy LOADED Trucks and SUV's because thats what most people are shopping for and when its time to sell your vehicle it will be what people are looking for. (TAHOE LTZ, FORD KR, TUNDRA LIMITED)

Quick search here in INDY - 2011 Tahoe LTZ from local dealer $65000 plus sticker. 2010 Tahoe LTZ one owner 13,000 miles asking $45000 probably could be bought for 43ish. take the difference and invest in College fund, Stocks (maybe), home improvement etc...
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-18-2011, 08:08 AM
GregS's Avatar
GregS GregS is offline
TT Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lake Anna - Richmond, VA
Posts: 154
F150

Check out the new F150 with the new Ecoboost engine.....sweet truck!

I went out and test drove everything made my mind up then started calling dealers...figure out what invoice or what you are willing to pay...and tell them to make the deal over the phone...I purchased the last 3 vehicles that way.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-18-2011, 09:20 AM
2RLAKE's Avatar
2RLAKE 2RLAKE is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Boat: 2008 X14 photo boat, 1993 25th Anniversary Limited Edition
Location: Cincinnati OH & Lake Norris TN
Posts: 2,444
I have am '05 dodge ram quad cab 1500, SLT, red with black cloth, 86k gentle miles that I'm giving away .....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-18-2011, 09:27 AM
plunk77 plunk77 is offline
TT Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Boat: 2010 X25 MCX 350
Location: Midwest
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps205 View Post
Kyle,

I completely understand that its you hard earned money and you must do what you thing is best but....

I just wanted to ask anyone why they would ever buy vehicles new? What is the point? You take a nasty financial hit the second you sign the papers and drive away and then it becomes a used car.... With the economic unrest and gas prices up and down people have brand new trucks and SUV's for sale everyday. Buy a one year old vehicle with low miles from a one owner private individual not a dealer. Take the vehicle you are interested in to a dealer service center and have them check it out. In addition (and this is very important) take the vehicle to a body shop and have them inspect it for paintwork as Carfax does not show anything that was paid for out of pocket.

Trust me when I tell you that humans are impatient by nature and the longer a private individual sits on a vehicle they want to sell the better deal you will get. Why do you think trade-ins happen every day... its not because you get a good deal (some people lose in excess of 7000.00) its because its a quick out for the individual.

As for the vehicle you want... if you can afford it only buy LOADED Trucks and SUV's because thats what most people are shopping for and when its time to sell your vehicle it will be what people are looking for. (TAHOE LTZ, FORD KR, TUNDRA LIMITED)

Quick search here in INDY - 2011 Tahoe LTZ from local dealer $65000 plus sticker. 2010 Tahoe LTZ one owner 13,000 miles asking $45000 probably could be bought for 43ish. take the difference and invest in College fund, Stocks (maybe), home improvement etc...
I just picked up a 2010 GMC Sierra that was pretty loaded...leather interior, towing packages, the whole bit, that was used and had 21,000 miles for $25,000. the original sticker price was i think $36,000. a good slightly used truck is the way to go
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-18-2011, 12:51 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,182
Notice new ment new to me.
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,182
Ok I called an old friend of mine up that used to work with me for several years then got into the car biz. He's been the finance director for 3+ years at his dealership. He's said find out what you want and he will get it. No salesmen, no bs, no hastle. Everything would be run through him. It's all ars backwards but it will work via phone and Internet.
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-18-2011, 01:24 PM
BrianM's Avatar
BrianM BrianM is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1988 Prostar 190
Location: Mandeville, LA
Posts: 4,967
Why not a new Avalanche LTZ. I have an '07 and couldn't be happier. Love the flexibility of the thing. The new LTZs are awful nice.
__________________


1997 Prostar 190, TBI 350, 1:1, OJ XMP 13 x 11.5, Stargazer, Hot Shower, Heated Drivers Seat, Reuben/Mountain Rock/Nite Navy


Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Kyle's Avatar
Kyle Kyle is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Location: Fort Worth, TEXAS
Posts: 3,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianM View Post
Why not a new Avalanche LTZ. I have an '07 and couldn't be happier. Love the flexibility of the thing. The new LTZs are awful nice.
Does yours squat to the bump stops when you put 300lbs in the bed. Mine does. What about your boat. Squats like it's overloaded with fat chicks.
__________________
Rollin' Gangsta Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-18-2011, 01:47 PM
j.mccreight@hotmail.com's Avatar
j.mccreight@hotmail.com j.mccreight@hotmail.com is offline
MC Maniac
 
Join Date: May 2010
Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 3,255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Ok I called an old friend of mine up that used to work with me for several years then got into the car biz. He's been the finance director for 3+ years at his dealership. He's said find out what you want and he will get it. No salesmen, no bs, no hastle. Everything would be run through him. It's all ars backwards but it will work via phone and Internet.
Glad you found someone that can help you out locally...
__________________
James

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:35 AM.