Go Back   TeamTalk > General MasterCraft Topics > Tow Vehicles

Old 06-17-2011, 06:23 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 93 Prostar 190
Truck Shopping

Man o man truck shopping sucks. I have no clue what I want but it's time to replace my current truck.

Salesmen suck and talk more than they listen. They want to sell me what they think I want vs what I want in a vehicle. Told a guy yesterday I wanted only "leather". We started looking at trucks and the third cloth truck he showed me in a row I snapped. Told him to pull his head out of his ars and listen to what his possible buyers are saying. Turned around left his fat donut piano legged ars standing at the truck, walked across the dealership, got in my truck and drove off. What an idiot.

personally I would rather scratch a tigers jewels with a wire brush than deal with buying a new vehicle.

That or swim with hungry sharks.

Or play in the highway.

Those 3 things would be much less stressful.

Now I'm online shopping and have no clue still what I want. I'm pissed off needed to vent and need help. I'm lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrall View Post
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsmrmastercraft View Post
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 06-17-2011, 06:32 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
Maybe this in a year or two newer model

MONKEY FACE
Old 06-17-2011, 06:35 PM
MC Maniac

Pram I would rather drive the A-team van......

Quote:
"Heavy" beer is for wine drinkers that are too embarrassed to drink wine in front of their buddies. "Light" beer is a drinkin' man's beer!
Quote:
If you want bling like the big dawgs, ya gotta lift your leg a little higher.....
Old 06-17-2011, 06:36 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
New or used? We just took in a 08 tahoe with 8k miles looks to be loaded ...

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Old 06-17-2011, 06:42 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
Good luck Kyle! I proved the dealer wrong about every option I wanted on a certain trim level. After an hour of them looking through the there black options book, they found the exact truck in Miami, and had it shipped to the dealer. BTW, this was a brand new truck I am referring too.

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?
Old 06-17-2011, 06:52 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1995 Barefoot 200 Yamaha ProV 200, 1994 ProStar 190 LT1 1:1
Kyle,

When I was shopping for my Silverado at the time (2001), I was treated the same way. A few friends of mine sent me to dealers where they "knew" somebody. What a freakin nightmare.

I already knew what I wanted, but gave everyone a fair chance and it was fun checking out all the different brands.

So I was at the 2nd to last delaer before I bought my truck. It was a GMC dealer. Ok, I wanted a Chevy, but if they could get me the same truck, what the hell. So the sales guys give me the "family" price which is ok, but nothing spectacular. I told him it was still too high and to talk to his manager to come down. 15 minutes later he comes back to the desk and tells my wife and I that he got us a better price. Great! We start filling out the paperwork and notice the truck is gonna be financed for 6 years instead of 5...What the hell!!!??

Picked up our check, walked out.

Next day, went to a guy I knew, 30 minutes later, truck was located at another dealer. Picked it up 2 days later and 190k miles later...

Worst is price haggle with most salepeople...my guy was close to my what I wanted to pay by $30! I couldn't have been happier.
Old 06-17-2011, 06:56 PM
MC Maniac

I'm unsure about chevy 1500 looks wise Texas edition 4 full door navigation back up cam etc.

Like f150 king ranch 4x4 and f250 KR as well. Love the interior. I love Texas styling and the king ranch leather is bad to the bone.

Like a tahoe ltz

If I get a truck then mine goes. If I get a Hoe then my avalanche has got to stay. I haul dirty equipment sometimes that would never work out without trashing the Hoe.

Not another avalanche as you add very little weight to the bed and they squat.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-17-2011, 07:12 PM
MC Maniac

I'm a salesman and listen very carefully to my clients. They freaking tell you what they want to buy if you listen. Anyway when it comes to arguing over price and trim package, wheels, upholstery, etc. I know what I want and what is fair. I can't stand some cheese ball trying to scam me. I can't stand the half untucked shirt because mr car salesman sits down all day and snacks. Geese go outside and smoke at least that will give the dude more exercise than playing cell phone games all day.

Can't stand a non professional car salesman. Had this colored kid about 24 try his luck with an 09 KR 250. The little bastard has is slacks and shirt tucked in around his legs. Like a gangster. This was at 5star ford.

Another thing is I am not walking these dealerships lots in 102 deg heat sweating my ars off for my health. I sure don't like getting into an even hotter sun baked truck. If I am walking the lots the donut boy salesman needs to get his fat ars up and the gangster needs to pull up his drawers and walk around and sweat with me.

Non of my family or friends will shop with me. They all say they feel sorry for the poor salesman as they think I run them through the ringer. Although when they are buying a new vehicle I'm the first person they call. Weird how that works.

I just don't know what to buy or what I like.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-17-2011, 07:17 PM

Boat: 1995 Mastercraft Prostar 205
Send a message via MSN to pram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
Pram I would rather drive the A-team van......
LOL

that is funny

MONKEY FACE
Old 06-17-2011, 07:28 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE
Have you heard of jerry reynolds he used to own Prestige Ford in dallas he now does a radio show. He gives the ins and outs of buying a new or used vehicle he tells you where to go with what brand and puts you in touch with the 'right' person to make the deal stress free and you get what you want. His show is on saturday heres his website link http://www.carproshow.com/

1989 MasterCraft TriStar 190 SE

Last edited by j.mccreight@hotmail.com; 06-17-2011 at 09:59 PM.