Go Back   TeamTalk > Maintenance Tips, How-tos and Refurbishing Topics > Audio/Stereo

Old 06-13-2011, 12:27 PM
TT Regular

Clarion Radio

X25-2011 Was bought last August. First time out this year and the radio is acting up.
1-CD player will not accept a CD
2-Tuner will not pick up any stations.
3-IPOD will work for a while then jump to tuner automatically, which doesn't work.
4-None of the remotes work. They show power as the light is on but there is nothing in the screen as far as text goes. Drivers seat, Transom remote, and the BIG.
When we put it up last fall everthing was working fine. The only thing that has been done is Winterizing, De-Winterizing and a wake plate put on, all by certified techs.
Any ideas as to what may be causing this. Any other problems with the Clarions just shooting craps for no particular reason.
Old 06-13-2011, 12:39 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1994 Mastercraft Prostar 205
did u try to hard reset it? There should be a pin hole in the face when u open it.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:00 PM
TT Regular

No I have not tried that. Have you had a similar problem?
Old 06-13-2011, 01:56 PM
MC Devotee

If you read the manual it says if unit is acting up reset lol
Old 06-13-2011, 03:02 PM
TT Regular

I will try the reset the next time I am at the lake. I understand that this would reset all the radio settings, but am unsure what it might have to do with none of the remotes showing anything. Sorry not a tech guy. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-13-2011, 03:11 PM
MC Devotee

it's a start. other than that i have no clue. the knobs on mine and cd stopped working. reset didnt do anything, so i replaced it with a song
Old 06-13-2011, 04:31 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2003 X-30
Is your boat still under warranty? If it is then I would take it to the dealer and have them fix the problem.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:34 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190 (sold), 2003 Prostar 197 Tournament Team LQ9
My stereo is having some issues now too. I was having some battery problems late last week, so I replaced both batteries. Now almost everything works better, sounds better, etc....but, the driver remote & the transom remote are not functioning.

-I've checked and re-checked, unhooked & re-hooked all the wires & connections. nothing moved. Everything is still hooked up.

-I went through the menu options of my clarion cdm5, and found a 'reset' option. Didn't fix it. Is this just a soft reset? I opened the face, but i couldn't find a 'pin hole' for a hard reset.

-Since I bought my boat used, I don't have an owners manual for the deck. The online manual only covers the button functions, nothing about the wiring schematics.

Please tell me there is some simple solution, like the remotes are just turned off at the deck... Really hoping I don't need to purchase a new deck.

PS, i have the old school remotes (without the lcd displays, buttons only)

Thanks guys.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:20 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2000 Prostar 190 (sold), 2003 Prostar 197 Tournament Team LQ9
I found the pin-hole reset....that didn't fix it either... i'm feeling a few new gray hairs today. lol
Old 06-25-2011, 02:26 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 2010 X25SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dell View Post
X25-2011 Was bought last August. First time out this year and the radio is acting up.
1-CD player will not accept a CD
2-Tuner will not pick up any stations.
3-IPOD will work for a while then jump to tuner automatically, which doesn't work.
4-None of the remotes work. They show power as the light is on but there is nothing in the screen as far as text goes. Drivers seat, Transom remote, and the BIG.
When we put it up last fall everthing was working fine. The only thing that has been done is Winterizing, De-Winterizing and a wake plate put on, all by certified techs.
Any ideas as to what may be causing this. Any other problems with the Clarions just shooting craps for no particular reason.
Wow, it's funny you mention that, I am having the exact same problem. Got an 2010 X25SS. Everything was workin fine until yesterday. All of sudden songs take time to load, CDs don't work, etc...None of the remotes work (helm and transom), they just light up when the stereo is on but the screens are blank, none of the buttons work. So i figured I'd try to change things from the big, and same thing no display and no control.

After an afternoon session, I was on my way back to the marina and decided to put some music on. Turned on the stereo, a few seconds later i could smell some wires or something burning. Immediately turned the engine off as well as the main breaker. Looked for the smell, and guess what, it was coming from the stereo. So I immediately turned it off (would have thought maybe the fused would have popped or something).

That's where i stand as of now, told the dealer about it. they're coming to check out on monday.

I really don't know why this is happening, but the only thing i can think of is that some short is probably happening somewhere.

I will keep you posted on this.