Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Have to respectfully disagree.

#1 - He can play with the strategic oil reserve - bad idea.

#2 - He can cause drilling permits to be delayed while other nations such as Cuba drill where we should be drilling

#3 - He could have lead the charge to OK the Keystsone pipeline and create (ok regain) some jobs.

#4 - Turn off the money presses which shore up the value of our dollar which would result in lower energy costs.

His plan is taking hold so high priced alternative technologies like solar would be economically viable - aka Solyndra (fail) - GM Volt - (gov't subsidy of $7500 each car) fail.

So does the president have control of fuel at the macro level? - Abso-freakin-lutely!!! That dope Carter blew back in the 70's thankfully he was gone we I just started driving.

Vote out Obama at any cost... Is Dr. Paul better than the current field - I would say yes...the value of voting for Dr. Paul will be a lost opportunity to start regaining the U.S.'s economic dominance.
All valid points......one you missed.....wonder IF Obummers foreign policy of DeStabilization in the middle east would have any impact on the price of Oil ? ya think ?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:55 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
All valid points......one you missed.....wonder IF Obummers foreign policy of DeStabilization in the middle east would have any impact on the price of Oil ? ya think ?
I think he inherited that mess, but its not like he's doing anything great to fix it either.
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
Absolutely...unrest= volatility=speculation=higher raw material cost - since price at the pump more impacted by refiners supply.

So who runs foreign policy oh...the Commander in-Crease of taking more money out of pocket - Mrs. C. does all the running around...but this administration is setting the course.

Remember when Ross Perot sucked down 20% of the vote in 1992 and Bush lost by 5.5% not sure how that would effected electorals without digging deeper.

Anyway, it's all down to Ohio, North Carolina, Colorada, Wisconson, Virginia, and Florida. The big swing states... http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/electoral-map if you were wondering.

BTW - if the Obama wins and we don't keep current the tax rates and California's cocaine snorted governor gets his way the top earners (job creators) will be paying 61% - getting mighty close to Frances 75%. Can all that Tech innovation stay in state with that high a tax rate? Doubt it...
Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 AM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
I think he inherited that mess, but its not like he's doing anything great to fix it either.
Hussein obama did not inherit Dead ambassadors.

The ex-dictators Kaddafi + Mubarek at least had control of the natives....now they are dead.
Sec State ms. Hillary was very proud of that accomlishment.
Old 10-01-2012, 12:13 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
How do you NOT see a connection between the President and the dollar's value? The policies of this admin have EVERYTHING to do with the prices we're paying. If they had eliminated ethanol from the fuel supply, the cost would have stayed lower, people who have had to repair fuel systems wouldn't have, the corn used for ethanol wouldn't have been removed from the food supply, the gasoline we get would have led to better fuel economy, etc. Granted, some of these factors would have reduced sales in certain areas, but the increased food prices (the price of EVERYTHING with corn as an ingredient has risen drastically) but that doesn't even take into account the monetary policies that are killing us. We're on QE2 (they're calling it QE3 but QE2 hasn't ended yet) and this is unsustainable.
You can thank large agri-business and the successful corn lobby in Washington D.C. for ethanol in our fuel.

As for the value of the dollar, the fed basically has full control of that. They are a PRIVATE bank that was given control of our currency in 1913 which was done in complete secrecy. Thanks woodrow wilson for that albatross. Getting an audit of the fed, a REAL audit will never happen, they hold all the money....or the ability to print money, so all they have to do is purchase the audit the fed bills not making it to the floor via harry reid. The system is so corrupt it defies correction.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 10-01-2012, 12:16 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Have to respectfully disagree.

#1 - He can play with the strategic oil reserve - bad idea.

#2 - He can cause drilling permits to be delayed while other nations such as Cuba drill where we should be drilling

#3 - He could have lead the charge to OK the Keystsone pipeline and create (ok regain) some jobs.

#4 - Turn off the money presses which shore up the value of our dollar which would result in lower energy costs.

His plan is taking hold so high priced alternative technologies like solar would be economically viable - aka Solyndra (fail) - GM Volt - (gov't subsidy of $7500 each car) fail.

So does the president have control of fuel at the macro level? - Abso-freakin-lutely!!! That dope Carter blew back in the 70's thankfully he was gone we I just started driving.

Vote out Obama at any cost... Is Dr. Paul better than the current field - I would say yes...the value of voting for Dr. Paul will be a lost opportunity to start regaining the U.S.'s economic dominance.
The problem with #1 and #2 is, there isn't a shortage in oil or gasoline. There hasn't been for a while. In fact, when the last hurricane came through the supply was enough that we didn't see elevated prices for very long at all. So the supply is fine, the value of the dollar is a larger factor as oil is priced on the world market in dollars.....a condition that we have been willing to go to war to protect, just ask Saddam Hussein.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:26 PM
MC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXBFE...layer_embedded

The weekly Ron Paul update.

I omitted "THE" just for you Jim.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:48 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
The problem with #1 and #2 is, there isn't a shortage in oil or gasoline. There hasn't been for a while. In fact, when the last hurricane came through the supply was enough that we didn't see elevated prices for very long at all. So the supply is fine, the value of the dollar is a larger factor as oil is priced on the world market in dollars.....a condition that we have been willing to go to war to protect, just ask Saddam Hussein.
I just saw this on the Daily Paul website. I wonder why we haven't heard about this for almost a month now.

http://www.silverdoctors.com/petro-d...il-using-yuan/

http://www.examiner.com/article/doll...oil-using-yuan

So I guess it is war with Iran, Russia, and China for going up against our fiat dollars.

Old 10-01-2012, 02:29 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXBFE...layer_embedded

The weekly Ron Paul update.

I omitted "THE" just for you Jim.

I feel special.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:26 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Fiat dollars yet another topic... CP you keep on confusing logic with politics. Okay my #1 and #2 are weak. And I agree with the central bank.... But anything but Obama