Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-28-2012, 02:25 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post

Vote Ron Paul for president.
And have absolutely no impact on what happens in the next 4 years. Might as well just stay home and not vote.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:25 PM
MC Master Poster

Using and capitalizing THE ahead of Paul's name is exactly as annoying as when athletes, mostly from Ohio State, pronounce 'the' as 'thee'. You can stop, now.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:41 PM
MC Master Poster

I have no problem with the way section 1021 was written because it assumes the person(s) actually were part of the act(s) and/or "played a substantial role" in the act(s). The only way to keep someone from abusing this is by specifically writing that it can't be abused and comprehensively defining this in a way that leaves no wiggle room around it. I don't care who says they won't use it- unless it's expressly forbidden to use this without an expeditious trial, someone will look for a way around it.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:03 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
unfortunately voting for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama....remember its politics not logic. voting obama in kicked the door open for Obama care and higher fuel prices. The best we can do now is slow the bleeding...we need someone to get stuff done... Obama/reid/pelosi can't get crap done... as much as I like Dr. Ron Paul I know he won't be elected...I lived thru President Carter and at 52 I can't afford another 4 years of this.

we need anybody but President Obama and everyone who is in is out. I live in Illinois talk about screwed up....and talk about staying home and not voting. Illinois is a lock for Obama...I wish I lived in a swing state but the but can't sell house without losing money...so I am stuck for awhile...

Let's just get Obama out and then figure out how to get some like Dr. R. Paul in.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:39 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
I have no problem with the way section 1021 was written because it assumes the person(s) actually were part of the act(s) and/or "played a substantial role" in the act(s). The only way to keep someone from abusing this is by specifically writing that it can't be abused and comprehensively defining this in a way that leaves no wiggle room around it. I don't care who says they won't use it- unless it's expressly forbidden to use this without an expeditious trial, someone will look for a way around it.
I respectfully disagree with you 110% on this.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 09-30-2012, 08:40 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
unfortunately voting for Ron Paul is a vote for Obama....remember its politics not logic. voting obama in kicked the door open for Obama care and higher fuel prices. The best we can do now is slow the bleeding...we need someone to get stuff done... Obama/reid/pelosi can't get crap done... as much as I like Dr. Ron Paul I know he won't be elected...I lived thru President Carter and at 52 I can't afford another 4 years of this.

we need anybody but President Obama and everyone who is in is out. I live in Illinois talk about screwed up....and talk about staying home and not voting. Illinois is a lock for Obama...I wish I lived in a swing state but the but can't sell house without losing money...so I am stuck for awhile...

Let's just get Obama out and then figure out how to get some like Dr. R. Paul in.
The president has nothing to do with fuel prices. The value of the dollar is the largest contributing factor in the price of fuel. The more the fed prints off our dollars out of thin air, the less they purchase.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
And have absolutely no impact on what happens in the next 4 years. Might as well just stay home and not vote.

Ron Paul supporters are non factors in what will happen in the next 4 years.

But look at this way, which I'm sure you will, you can just sit in your chair and say hey, I didn't vote for that guy. Good job!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:12 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
The president has nothing to do with fuel prices. The value of the dollar is the largest contributing factor in the price of fuel. The more the fed prints off our dollars out of thin air, the less they purchase.
Have to respectfully disagree.

#1 - He can play with the strategic oil reserve - bad idea.

#2 - He can cause drilling permits to be delayed while other nations such as Cuba drill where we should be drilling

#3 - He could have lead the charge to OK the Keystsone pipeline and create (ok regain) some jobs.

#4 - Turn off the money presses which shore up the value of our dollar which would result in lower energy costs.

His plan is taking hold so high priced alternative technologies like solar would be economically viable - aka Solyndra (fail) - GM Volt - (gov't subsidy of $7500 each car) fail.

So does the president have control of fuel at the macro level? - Abso-freakin-lutely!!! That dope Carter blew back in the 70's thankfully he was gone we I just started driving.

Vote out Obama at any cost... Is Dr. Paul better than the current field - I would say yes...the value of voting for Dr. Paul will be a lost opportunity to start regaining the U.S.'s economic dominance.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:11 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
I respectfully disagree with you 110% on this.
You can only agree 100%.

Sure wish I had seen a link with the ALL of Section 1021 and not just part of it. Having seen the whole, I do have problems with it. 1022 should never be used on private citizens.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:18 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
How do you NOT see a connection between the President and the dollar's value? The policies of this admin have EVERYTHING to do with the prices we're paying. If they had eliminated ethanol from the fuel supply, the cost would have stayed lower, people who have had to repair fuel systems wouldn't have, the corn used for ethanol wouldn't have been removed from the food supply, the gasoline we get would have led to better fuel economy, etc. Granted, some of these factors would have reduced sales in certain areas, but the increased food prices (the price of EVERYTHING with corn as an ingredient has risen drastically) but that doesn't even take into account the monetary policies that are killing us. We're on QE2 (they're calling it QE3 but QE2 hasn't ended yet) and this is unsustainable.