Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-14-2012, 11:45 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
What should we do? Depends. Do we need to stay in Afghanistan, or will we accept the power vacuum that results? We pulled out of Iraq and they ramped up the bombings. We pull out of Afghanistan and the same thing will happen. AFAIK, an embassy is considered to be that country's "soil", so this was an attack on the US. How Obama deals with it and how he spins it will make a big difference. If there's no response, I think the rest of the Islamic world will take it as a green light to attack us everywhere.

OBL is dead but the group that's taking responsibility for the Lybian attack is an AlQaeda spinoff, from what I heard. We can hardly call that organization 'dead'.
These spinoff groups will only keep popping up based on our presence in the region. It's called BLOWBACK. If another country had military on our soil, I guarantee we would do the same thing. It is time to come home.

BTW, this whole thing screams false flag operation in order to ramp up the justification to hit Iran. They will tie the group to getting funding from Iran and the executive in cheif will order another illegal military action without getting authorization from congress.

Those that don't understand history are bound to repeat it.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 09-14-2012, 11:46 AM
MC Addict

In response to today's announcement from the Federal Reserve, Congressman Ron Paul issues the following statement:

"No one is surprised by the Fed's action today to inject even more money into the economy through additional asset purchases. The Fed's only solution for every problem is to print more money and provide more liquidity. Mr. Bernanke and Fed governors appear not to understand that our current economic malaise resulted directly because of the excessive credit the Fed already pumped into the system.

"For all of its vaunted policy tools, the Fed now finds itself repeating the same basic action over and over in an attempt to prime the economy with more debt and credit. But this latest decision to provide more quantitative easing will only prolong our economic stagnation, corrupt market signals, and encourage even more misallocation and malinvestment of resources. Rather than stimulating a real recovery by focusing on a strong dollar and market interest rates, the Fed's announcement today shows a disastrous detachment from reality on the part of our central bank. Any further quantitative easing from the Fed, in whatever form, will only make our next economic crash that much more serious."

Old 09-14-2012, 12:09 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
These spinoff groups will only keep popping up based on our presence in the region. It's called BLOWBACK. If another country had military on our soil, I guarantee we would do the same thing. It is time to come home.

BTW, this whole thing screams false flag operation in order to ramp up the justification to hit Iran. They will tie the group to getting funding from Iran and the executive in cheif will order another illegal military action without getting authorization from congress.

Those that don't understand history are bound to repeat it.
Nice use of a worn-out cliché.

How do you explain AlQeada's growth/transformation from the Mujahadeen, when we WEREN'T in the Middle East? We left after the Iran/Iraq war and they were pizzed because we "abandoned" them, so they had nobody to fight with. The first Twin Tower and 9-11 attacks are the result of us using Saudi air bases during GWI.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:10 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Congress declares war and the President wages war. Yes, the President can not make a declaration of war but he can wage it none the less.

So what should we do about the US Ambassador that was killed? Let me guess nothing. How about we repeat the the 1986 bombing of Lybia and see if they stay quite for another 25 years.
Did you see Sarah Palin say that Obama needs to "grow one" implying he is not a man but one without a cockadoodledoo lol. It was her reply about the attacks on 9-11-2012 in Egypt.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:30 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
In response to today's announcement from the Federal Reserve, Congressman Ron Paul issues the following statement:

"No one is surprised by the Fed's action today to inject even more money into the economy through additional asset purchases. The Fed's only solution for every problem is to print more money and provide more liquidity. Mr. Bernanke and Fed governors appear not to understand that our current economic malaise resulted directly because of the excessive credit the Fed already pumped into the system.

"For all of its vaunted policy tools, the Fed now finds itself repeating the same basic action over and over in an attempt to prime the economy with more debt and credit. But this latest decision to provide more quantitative easing will only prolong our economic stagnation, corrupt market signals, and encourage even more misallocation and malinvestment of resources. Rather than stimulating a real recovery by focusing on a strong dollar and market interest rates, the Fed's announcement today shows a disastrous detachment from reality on the part of our central bank. Any further quantitative easing from the Fed, in whatever form, will only make our next economic crash that much more serious."
I don't know if you heard, but Romney has no intention of keeping The Bernank in the Fed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe0fG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k
Old 09-14-2012, 12:35 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Nice use of a worn-out cliché.

How do you explain AlQeada's growth/transformation from the Mujahadeen, when we WEREN'T in the Middle East? We left after the Iran/Iraq war and they were pizzed because we "abandoned" them, so they had nobody to fight with. The first Twin Tower and 9-11 attacks are the result of us using Saudi air bases during GWI.
You may conveniently like to refer to blowback as a "worn-out cliche", however it is real and we are all to used to seeing it. If we stop screwing around in other peoples countries, we will see less of this.

Here is a history lesson on blowback from a great man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8u5hnMGOQ8

Old 09-14-2012, 12:44 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
I don't know if you heard, but Romney has no intention of keeping The Bernank in the Fed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe0fG...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTUY16CkS-k
It doesn't really matter who is the chair of the fed. It will continue to destroy our currency as it is doing now. The dollar will continue it's slide downward and the fed will keep messing around bailing everyone out at a cost to you and I. We will wake up one day and the money in our pockets will not be worth the paper on which it is printed.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:45 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
You may conveniently like to refer to blowback as a "worn-out cliche", however it is real and we are all to used to seeing it. If we stop screwing around in other peoples countries, we will see less of this.

Here is a history lesson on blowback from a great man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8u5hnMGOQ8
"Those that don't understand history are bound to repeat it." is the worn-out cliche I referred to. It has reached the point of being the same as Homer Simpson replying "Oh, Marge, you've said that so often it's lost all meaning" when she said "Homer, this is the worst thing you've ever done".

If we do nothing, WE'RE the ones who will be doomed to repeating history and by voting for Paul when he has no chance of winning, you're not exactly making the needed difference. If you really wanted to make the difference you say you do, you shouldn't be telling us about him, you should have gone out just over 4 years ago to tell people why he was "the right choice". Doing this on a small forum is like yelling at a wall. I don't think that would have happened, though- you had voted for Obama and hadn't changed your mind yet.

Government doesn't give a rat's azz about whether they're repeating history- all they care about is their legacy, written by them, about them, for them, with them in mind.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:57 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
It doesn't really matter who is the chair of the fed. It will continue to destroy our currency as it is doing now. The dollar will continue it's slide downward and the fed will keep messing around bailing everyone out at a cost to you and I. We will wake up one day and the money in our pockets will not be worth the paper on which it is printed.
What do you mean "will wake up"?

As I posted a few years ago, if the government really wants to tax us to death and get every penny hoarded by everyone, they'll change the currency and make illegal, what is now in use. They would institute an exchange program, giving a certain amount returned when people take their cash to the banks with full documentation of all amounts, denominations and including foreign currencies. They would send this info to the IRS, so we can be taxed on the amount. If someone has a foreign bank account that's outside of US tax policies, they would specify that any redemption of these accounts would have to have been done before a specific date if the bearer wants to be able to convert it to the new currency. If they try to convert to any other currency after the date when it was made useless, the bearers would be turned away by the foreign banks because the currently used bills would be worthless. Also, they would be limited to the amount returned because, as Obama recently said, "....at a certain point, you've made enough money...". The guy's wealth is reported to be as high as $15 Million dollars and he's telling us this? I see ZERO chance of Romney telling anyone that they have "made enough money". Compared with Bill Gates, Jobs, Buffet and others, Romney is a piker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0JkyZx1LdQ

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8394987.stm

Last edited by JimN; 09-14-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 01:06 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
"Those that don't understand history are bound to repeat it." is the worn-out cliche I referred to. It has reached the point of being the same as Homer Simpson replying "Oh, Marge, you've said that so often it's lost all meaning" when she said "Homer, this is the worst thing you've ever done".

If we do nothing, WE'RE the ones who will be doomed to repeating history and by voting for Paul when he has no chance of winning, you're not exactly making the needed difference. If you really wanted to make the difference you say you do, you shouldn't be telling us about him, you should have gone out just over 4 years ago to tell people why he was "the right choice". Doing this on a small forum is like yelling at a wall. I don't think that would have happened, though- you had voted for Obama and hadn't changed your mind yet.

Government doesn't give a rat's azz about whether they're repeating history- all they care about is their legacy, written by them, about them, for them, with them in mind.
Uh, look, I'm not some internet savvy guy with his own forum or blog. This is basically the only forum on which I participate. So, other than my friends and family, this is my outlet. My goal was to promote his message and the message of freedom because I feel things are deeply wrong with our country, and this was my cost free contribution to the Ron Paul/Liberty movement. So, this is basically my outlet. I had no intention of this thread going off on the tangent it has gone over the past couple weeks. I know Ron Paul can't be elected at this point, and I think it is a sad situation. However the events leading up to Ron Paul not being able to be elected has made me angry, so I have gone on about it here. I probably shouldn't have because like you said it is like screaming at a wall. Maybe when I calm down about it, I will rethink all of this. But make no mistake, I will not vote for anyone else, period. That will not change.