Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-13-2012, 04:39 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Voting for the lesser of two evils is no longer something I'm going to do, period.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 09-13-2012, 04:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
^^ I agree

There isn't much to choose from in the election so it's kind of a "lessor of the evils". Either way, I would never (and didn't the first time) vote for BarryO.

edit: CP beat me to the lesser comment, but by voting for RP, or anyone else not in the primary running, it is a lost vote.

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S

Last edited by 76S&S; 09-13-2012 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:46 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Conviction and Principles matter in Life and are virtues.

However, the election is not Multiple choice.

There are only 2 candidates and a vote for anyone else is a lost vote.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: None
The time to make changes in the horses that run the race is the Primaries. I've always made it a point to look at all that run in the primaries, whether local, state or national and see who fits my beliefs the best. Once the primaries are over and the candidates are whittled down to the few, I will cast my vote for who best represents my ideals AND who I think can win.

Does Romney fit the bill?, somewhat. Does Paul?, somewhat. I just don't see Paul getting anywhere near the votes needed to defeat Obama, so Romney it is. The main objective is to send Obama back to Chicago as well as sending as many as possible, congress critters home too.
Old 09-13-2012, 05:14 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2002 X Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblueBP View Post
The time to make changes in the horses that run the race is the Primaries. I've always made it a point to look at all that run in the primaries, whether local, state or national and see who fits my beliefs the best. Once the primaries are over and the candidates are whittled down to the few, I will cast my vote for who best represents my ideals AND who I think can win.

Does Romney fit the bill?, somewhat. Does Paul?, somewhat. I just don't see Paul getting anywhere near the votes needed to defeat Obama, so Romney it is. The main objective is to send Obama back to Chicago as well as sending as many as possible, congress critters home too.
Amen brother!

2002 X Star
Sold - 76 S&S
Old 09-13-2012, 05:19 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
Conviction and Principles matter in Life and are virtues.

However, the election is not Multiple choice.

There are only 2 candidates and a vote for anyone else is a lost vote.
I guess I'm 'lost', but really.......I've found myself!

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
The worst piece of legislation, in my estimation, to come out of this administration is the NDAA. Section 1021 of this bill says the government can detain you without trial or any charges until the war with al queda is over. All they have to do is classify you as an enemy conbatant, this label can be placed on you for having more than 7 days worth of food in your house if you read the way in which 'enemy combatants' are classified. So, basically habeas corpus is gone and we better watch what we say, just ask Brandon Raub. obama signed it into law and obomney said in a primary debate that he would have signed it into law in its current form. So you see, there is no difference between the two, period. So in my estimation, since there is no difference between the two, unless gay marriage and other nefarious social issues are really at the top of your list, I'm voting for the man that can get this country turned around. And that man is RON PAUL.

I must prepare you, obomney is going to lose. After the shenanigans at the gop convention, his platform that he 'isn't obama', and his quarter billion dollar net worth spells a loss in November. Ron Paul has a lot of supporters that would typically vote republican, but after what they did at the convention.
So, your wasting your vote and allowing the next 4 years to be just like the last 4. It's actions like this that allow the current jackass to get into office the first place.

Go ahead and vote for Ron Paul, but after the election you will have NO room to talk about anything that comes out of Obama's next 4 year term.

At some point, Mr Paul needs to concede the lost and do something that will get Obama out of office. If he really carried about the what the current administration is doing he'd through his weight into getting him out and if that means taking the lesser of two evils then so be it.

He can try again 4 years from now.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:43 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverblueBP View Post

If anything, Paul staying in the race and taking votes from Romney is like Paul casting his and the vote of all of his supports votes for Obama.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:59 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
No amount of discussion has ever encouraged a person to change their views on religion, politics, their favorite beer or football team. Both sides are wasting their time.

Two guys drinking in a bar.

Guy #1: This election I’m taking a stand and I’m voting for Ron Paul.
Guy #2: This election I’m taking a stand and I’m voting for Ronald Reagan.
Guy #1: You idiot! You are just throwing your vote away. Reagan is dead and has no
chance of winning!
Guy #2: (Sips his beer) How is that different from voting for Ron Paul?
Old 09-13-2012, 08:14 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
The worst piece of legislation, in my estimation, to come out of this administration is the NDAA. Section 1021 of this bill says the government can detain you without trial or any charges until the war with al queda is over. All they have to do is classify you as an enemy conbatant, this label can be placed on you for having more than 7 days worth of food in your house if you read the way in which 'enemy combatants' are classified. So, basically habeas corpus is gone and we better watch what we say, just ask Brandon Raub. obama signed it into law and obomney said in a primary debate that he would have signed it into law in its current form. So you see, there is no difference between the two, period. So in my estimation, since there is no difference between the two, unless gay marriage and other nefarious social issues are really at the top of your list, I'm voting for the man that can get this country turned around. And that man is RON PAUL.

I must prepare you, obomney is going to lose. After the shenanigans at the gop convention, his platform that he 'isn't obama', and his quarter billion dollar net worth spells a loss in November. Ron Paul has a lot of supporters that would typically vote republican, but after what they did at the convention.
You're painting with awfully broad strokes. Their views don't coincide that often and Romnay isn't the same as Obama. Seriously- do you really think that voting for Paul will accomplish anything positive? It won't. The single purpose of your voting that way is so you can feel good about yourself, which is tremendously selfish, considering the gravity of this election. It's not about you, or the small number who agree with you. It's about the country's decline and nothing will slow it like having someone else in office. Romney can be dealt with- Obama has momentum for all of the wrong reasons and has all of the wrong people in his corner.