Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 07-31-2012, 12:54 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ASFT...ayer_embedded#!

This one is not the best video, however since it shows obomney greeting people in Poland with a RON PAUL banner there to greet him, it makes me wonder how that makes him feel? I mean, he is an ultra rich trouser stain, but somewhere it must make him crazy. But the fight isn't over. We can still avoid this puppet if Tampa turns out correctly.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 07-31-2012, 12:55 PM
MC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUx6QZBPjF8

Here will be RON PAUL's VP. THE JUDGE!!!

1:40 is my favorite point.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:05 PM
MC Addict

I love this one. An empty headed blond poster reporter trying to match wits with RON PAUL. I love at 3:23 she looks down to get the next question fed to her to from 'the man behind the curtain'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkCim...eature=related

....and of course the rhetorical question at 4:50.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:15 PM
MC Addict

......and the stereotype is that Polish people are dumb? Uh, I don't think so.

1:39....astounding how much a Polish guy knows about our political system/situation. I would say he knows more than most Americans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FruUi...ayer_embedded#!

Old 07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I would argue that growth after WWII was just as robust if not more robust. It was certainly more friendly to the middle class than the 90's were.
The main difference is that we weren't coming out of a World War in the '90s and we hadn't increased out manufacturing capability to the degree we had during WWII. Sure, we went into Kuwait and kicked Hussein's butt, but that wasn't a 5 year long war that cost almost 2-1/2% of the World population. Plus, the US population had common goals at the time, which is something that's completely lacking now. The US had a "Can do" attitude and thought that nothing was impossible and now, most of the population has an "I can't", "Why bother" or "What's in it, for me?" attitude. The two time periods are so dissimilar that I don't know how they can be compared.
Old 07-31-2012, 02:04 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
......and the stereotype is that Polish people are dumb? Uh, I don't think so.

1:39....astounding how much a Polish guy knows about our political system/situation. I would say he knows more than most Americans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FruUi...ayer_embedded#!
Why is it so astounding? He was the President of Poland for 5 years. I don't know he could have done that and NOT known how our system works. He is one of the first and most important people in the fall of Communism, after all.

Copernicus, Chopin and Marie Curie were Polish, and the scientist who cracked the Enigma code machine was, too.

Here's a list- you may have seen some of these names-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Polish_people#

Last edited by JimN; 07-31-2012 at 02:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:12 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
Why is it so astounding? He was the President of Poland for 5 years. I don't know he could have done that and NOT known how our system works. He is one of the first and most important people in the fall of Communism, after all.

Copernicus, Chopin and Marie Curie were Polish, and the scientist who cracked the Enigma code machine was, too.

Here's a list- you may have seen some of these names-
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Polish_people#
It wasn't sold as that was a former president of Poland. I can't find that guy anywhere where he was the former president. Can you elaborate?

BTW, in case you hadn't noticed......that post was dripping with sarcasm. Simple humor I admit, but maybe a little tongue-in-cheek.
Attached Images

Old 07-31-2012, 03:15 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
The main difference is that we weren't coming out of a World War in the '90s and we hadn't increased out manufacturing capability to the degree we had during WWII. Sure, we went into Kuwait and kicked Hussein's butt, but that wasn't a 5 year long war that cost almost 2-1/2% of the World population. Plus, the US population had common goals at the time, which is something that's completely lacking now. The US had a "Can do" attitude and thought that nothing was impossible and now, most of the population has an "I can't", "Why bother" or "What's in it, for me?" attitude. The two time periods are so dissimilar that I don't know how they can be compared.
Our own government has created this attitude over the years. They have gotten us dependent on them and scared of them. Time to reverse that trend.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
It wasn't sold as that was a former president of Poland. I can't find that guy anywhere where he was the former president. Can you elaborate?

BTW, in case you hadn't noticed......that post was dripping with sarcasm. Simple humor I admit, but maybe a little tongue-in-cheek.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lech_Wa%C5%82%C4%99sa

You want humor? OK,

Q-Do you speak Polish?
A- No
Q-Do you read Polish?
A-No

Q-How does it feel, to be dumber than a Polack?
Old 07-31-2012, 03:56 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Our own government has created this attitude over the years. They have gotten us dependent on them and scared of them. Time to reverse that trend.
They told people what they needed and that they would give it to them. The trick will be in how they try to take it away.

I have no idea how anyone who was born in the US can go through life without knowing how to read. The failures necessary for this to happen start by looking at their parents, then at themselves. Anyone who doesn't take the time to learn to read has no right to blame anyone else for their life and to demand that the government support them. People with Dyslexia learn to read in different ways, but they can still read better than many who go through the public school systems.

On a local level, Milwaukee Public Schools have a dropout rate of about 46%- here's a couple of eye-opening links. Read into them a little- the first shows that about 82% of the public school students qualify for free lunch. The glaring point is that the MKE School System uses almost as much money as the whole city of MKE and they have some of the worst achievement stats on the country. The city's budget is about $1.48B and the MPS budget is about $1.18B. *** can they be spending it on? The students aren't even staying in school!

School budget-
http://www2.milwaukee.k12.wi.us/port...on_May2012.pdf

City Budget-
http://city.milwaukee.gov/ImageLibra...ptedbudget.pdf