Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 08-12-2011, 12:48 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Here are THE Dr. Ron Pauls answers from last nights debate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSMsecpsDnA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btg0Q...notation_82023

You can go to youtube and find the entire debate on there. There is a link to the whole thing or it is broken up into numerous parts. Here is the entire debate link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDSs_XFmacc

I don't know why it is a little dark but...it is probably better to keep all of them in the dark (except THE Dr. of course).

Enjoy, and thank you for watching.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 08-13-2011, 07:36 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: 2006 X-1 MCX
After months of laying the groundwork, the first test of the Republican presidential candidates' viability is finally here.

Saturday's Iowa Straw Poll marks the first time Republican voters weigh in on the GOP presidential field with ballots and comes just as Gov. Rick Perry of Texas was to enter the campaign during a visit to another early nominating state.

The nonbinding results in Ames, Iowa, were likely to foreshadow the coming months here in the leadoff state.

"The Iowa Straw Poll is the first measurable proving ground for our Republican candidates for president," Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Matt Strawn said.

After that, just four months remain before the leadoff Iowa caucuses.

Mitt Romney leads national polls and many states' surveys for the chance to challenge President Barack Obama next fall. But there is no shortage of rivals looking to emerge as the top alternative to the former Massachusetts governor, who lost the GOP nomination in 2008.

The candidates with the most to lose were Minnesotans who were competing to fill the role of a Romney alternative: Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Rep. Michele Bachmann. The pair clashed during Thursday's debate in Ames: Bachmann said Pawlenty "sounds a lot like Barack Obama if you ask me"; Pawlenty said his rival posts "a record of misstating and making false statements."

Pawlenty, who has been languishing in early Iowa polls, is out to prove he's a strong player in the GOP race with a victory, while Bachmann hopes to build on momentum she's enjoyed since entering the race this summer.

"For some people, this is make or break," tea party activist Ryan Rhodes said.

Nine candidates are on the ballot in voting that runs for six hours during the daylong political festival on the campus of Iowa State University that doubles as a fundraiser for the Iowa GOP.

They include Romney, who won the straw poll four years ago but isn't actively competing this time, and former Utah Gov. John Huntsman, who has been bypassing Iowa almost entirely in his hunt for the nomination. Neither was scheduled to be in the state; both spent Friday in New Hampshire.

Perry and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin who made a splash Friday when she visited the state fair aren't on the ballot, but their supporters are waging write-in campaigns that could outpace candidates who have spent months trying to line up supporters to participate.

Others on the list, including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and businessman Herman Cain, hope for surprise showings.

"Part of it is whether the message resonates, but the bottom line is you better be pretty well organized," Iowa Christian Alliance head Steve Scheffler said.

On the Iowa State campus, a circus-like atmosphere was in the making, with campaigns putting up giant tents for live music and tangy barbecue to court activists. Between the entertainers, candidates had one last shot to pitch for votes.

Republicans wouldn't speculate how many people will spend $30 each to attend the event, but turnout in past has ranged from 14,000 to 23,000.

The straw poll has a mixed record of predicting the outcome of the precinct caucuses.

In the last election, Romney won the straw poll, but the big news was the surprising second-place showing of Mike Huckabee. Huckabee won the Iowa caucuses, but dropped from the race soon after. John McCain, who eventually won the nomination, didn't compete in the straw poll and finished in 10th place.

Poor showings usually force some candidates mostly those who are not well-known and are struggling to raise money to abandon their bids, and that could happen this year, too.

"What it is, is a winnowing process and that might happen to Pawlenty if he doesn't do well," said Republican strategist Rich Galen. "It sort of serves as a filter to clean out the candidates who probably shouldn't be there in the first place."
Old 08-13-2011, 01:28 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1996 PS 190 LT-1/Powerslot
Newt is the SMARTEST of them ALL...probably right that he will not get the nomination. To bad..he really knows his stuff. Herman Kain...I wish the would win it... I really do. The US put the Obama in there. We can put Kain in there. Ron Paul...very interesting to say the least. He just seems out there like that goofball Kusinich (sp). I know he is probably more centrist and libertarian...just can't seem to wrap my arms around him. If Palin does not run it will be interesting to see you she gets behind. Probably the Govnr of Texas

Jim@BAWS

www.BAYAREAWATERSPORTS.com
(813) 996-BAWS (2297)
Old 08-15-2011, 12:37 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickskier View Post
After months of laying the groundwork, the first test of the Republican presidential candidates' viability is finally here.

Saturday's Iowa Straw Poll marks the first time Republican voters weigh in on the GOP presidential field with ballots and comes just as Gov. Rick Perry of Texas was to enter the campaign during a visit to another early nominating state.

The nonbinding results in Ames, Iowa, were likely to foreshadow the coming months here in the leadoff state.

"The Iowa Straw Poll is the first measurable proving ground for our Republican candidates for president," Republican Party of Iowa Chairman Matt Strawn said.

After that, just four months remain before the leadoff Iowa caucuses.

Mitt Romney leads national polls and many states' surveys for the chance to challenge President Barack Obama next fall. But there is no shortage of rivals looking to emerge as the top alternative to the former Massachusetts governor, who lost the GOP nomination in 2008.

The candidates with the most to lose were Minnesotans who were competing to fill the role of a Romney alternative: Gov. Tim Pawlenty and Rep. Michele Bachmann. The pair clashed during Thursday's debate in Ames: Bachmann said Pawlenty "sounds a lot like Barack Obama if you ask me"; Pawlenty said his rival posts "a record of misstating and making false statements."

Pawlenty, who has been languishing in early Iowa polls, is out to prove he's a strong player in the GOP race with a victory, while Bachmann hopes to build on momentum she's enjoyed since entering the race this summer.

"For some people, this is make or break," tea party activist Ryan Rhodes said.

Nine candidates are on the ballot in voting that runs for six hours during the daylong political festival on the campus of Iowa State University that doubles as a fundraiser for the Iowa GOP.

They include Romney, who won the straw poll four years ago but isn't actively competing this time, and former Utah Gov. John Huntsman, who has been bypassing Iowa almost entirely in his hunt for the nomination. Neither was scheduled to be in the state; both spent Friday in New Hampshire.

Perry and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin who made a splash Friday when she visited the state fair aren't on the ballot, but their supporters are waging write-in campaigns that could outpace candidates who have spent months trying to line up supporters to participate.

Others on the list, including former House Speaker Newt Gingrich of Georgia, Texas Rep. Ron Paul, former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and businessman Herman Cain, hope for surprise showings.

"Part of it is whether the message resonates, but the bottom line is you better be pretty well organized," Iowa Christian Alliance head Steve Scheffler said.

On the Iowa State campus, a circus-like atmosphere was in the making, with campaigns putting up giant tents for live music and tangy barbecue to court activists. Between the entertainers, candidates had one last shot to pitch for votes.

Republicans wouldn't speculate how many people will spend $30 each to attend the event, but turnout in past has ranged from 14,000 to 23,000.

The straw poll has a mixed record of predicting the outcome of the precinct caucuses.

In the last election, Romney won the straw poll, but the big news was the surprising second-place showing of Mike Huckabee. Huckabee won the Iowa caucuses, but dropped from the race soon after. John McCain, who eventually won the nomination, didn't compete in the straw poll and finished in 10th place.

Poor showings usually force some candidates mostly those who are not well-known and are struggling to raise money to abandon their bids, and that could happen this year, too.

"What it is, is a winnowing process and that might happen to Pawlenty if he doesn't do well," said Republican strategist Rich Galen. "It sort of serves as a filter to clean out the candidates who probably shouldn't be there in the first place."
People don't really have to pay to attend, the candidates pay for their entrance in return for their vote in the straw poll.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:47 PM
MC Addict

Well, since the national corporate owned/run media seems to not want you to know, THE Dr. Ron Paul was second in the Iowa straw poll not far behind Bachman. It would appear his message is resonating with the people a little more than the media wants you to know.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:31 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Prostar 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Well, since the national corporate owned/run media seems to not want you to know, THE Dr. Ron Paul was second in the Iowa straw poll not far behind Bachman. It would appear his message is resonating with the people a little more than the media wants you to know.
I was also surprised at the lack of mention Dr. Paul was getting at a close-second. Perry was getting more publicity getting 4% (although it was a write-in and just announced his candidacy recently).
Old 08-15-2011, 03:50 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Stars&Stripes, 351w, grey and blue
The MSM sucks when it comes to the good Dr. CNN (I believe Fox has too) has publicly come out and said that Ron Paul is of no concern and will not win and they won't be reporting on him.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:23 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxberger View Post
The MSM sucks when it comes to the good Dr. CNN (I believe Fox has too) has publicly come out and said that Ron Paul is of no concern and will not win and they won't be reporting on him.
Alas, it will not be a deterrent to I, Captain Planet, that the MSM will not acknowledge him. I believe many Americans have come to realize the MSM is flawed and the search is on for real news.

I will share this, and article which was handed to me by my boss today regarding this omission of the good Dr. in the news.

http://lewrockwell.com/kwiatkowski/kwiatkowski272.html

I might add, I am about 1/3 the way through "Liberty Defined" by Ron Paul. It is an eye opener and highly recommended reading.

Have a good day and keep ya toes up!

Old 08-16-2011, 01:03 PM
MC Addict

Well, I know this is an up-hill battle and there are going to be setbacks. Here is one for you, how about the media just ignore Ron Paul? Well, that is what they are doing. I saw this last night on The Daily Show and I thought I would share with you. You only have to watch the first segment to see how far this is going.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/full-epi...011-ali-velshi

I especially like the guy from CNN that says to his field reporter, "Don't worry about video of Ron Paul, but if you get video of palin or perry send it in!"

Uh, I WILL be writing a letter or making a phone call over that one.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:36 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: 1993 Prostar 205
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mo...--the-top-tier