Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-25-2012, 09:47 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
In our absence, do you think the number of terrorist camps will increase, or decrease? Do you honestly think the leaders of Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Egypt, The Sudan and all of the other countries where terrorists flourish will keep them from gaining ground? They're not even doing that and we're all over that region! As far as I'm concerned, the one thing the Taliban did that I can call 'good' is outlaw heroin poppy farming. The cost of heroin is at an all-time low right now and small-town America is paying an extremely high price. They're not even here and they're killing us.

What's the first thing bad kids do when the teacher or parents leave the room? They immediately do what they were told not to and that's exactly what will happen if we leave. The UN is impotent, the rest of the world just talks about helping, other than a few notable countries. The rest can kiss my American a$$!
So we get to stick around and play hall monitor forever? Bring em all home.....ALL of them, from Iraq, Afganistan, Japan, Germany, South Korea, etc. Bring them home. Let somebody else hand out hall passes.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Well, hopefully we wont have to fight them here.

It doesn't matter how 1953 went down, or how the blowback is working. The fact is, we are at war, plain and simple. They attack us, at this point in time, and we must provide for the protection of Americans. We are not policing the world at this point. We are keeping Captain Planet safe from further harm.
I'm more afraid of our government than ANY terrorist group....and THAT speaks volumes.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:53 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
We have been involved in that region since the early 1800s, if not longer. Are you familiar with the Barbary Pirates? Thomas Jefferson had a copy of the Quran so, to paraphrase his comment, he could know the enemy.
Less war, more freedom, promote Liberty, RON PAUL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjAapALsBfc

Pleas note WHY there is applause at 1:10.

Old 04-25-2012, 09:53 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Well, hopefully we wont have to fight them here.

It doesn't matter how 1953 went down, or how the blowback is working. The fact is, we are at war, plain and simple. They attack us, at this point in time, and we must provide for the protection of Americans. We are not policing the world at this point. We are keeping Captain Planet safe from further harm.
Japan didn't attack here, other than a few minor skirmishes, because of the number of gun owners, according to several writings I have read. If someone tries to start anything on a large scale here, I'm pretty sure private citizens are gonna be doing some major profiling of the enemy and a lot of people who aren't actively involved will be killed as a result. It happened in PHX immediately after 911, when an Indian man was killed because he looked like someone of Arab decent. Replacing the leaders of rogue nations won't change the militants' plans and they are becoming more tech savvy. I have said for a long time that I don't like the fact that Ahmadinejad is an engineer and hopefully, cooler heads will prevail in Iran or, maybe, they'll put a muzzle and straightjacket on that idiot.
Old 04-25-2012, 09:55 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Let somebody else hand out hall passes.
They won't, until it's far too late.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:00 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Less war, more freedom, promote Liberty, RON PAUL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjAapALsBfc

Pleas note WHY there is applause at 1:10.
Less war, for whom? We won't have a military presence in other parts of the world and that's exactly what the extremists want. Their own countries can't stop them and I don't think they want to, anyway. We're not in the business of replacing everyone who doesn't like us, regardless of the theories to the contrary. Once our people are home, we will no longer be able to have business interests in other parts of the world and that will be a problem, in light of the fact that we now have more of a World Economy than ever. Anyone from the US who goes to another country will be a target because, no matter how much we may want others to be nice, they don't give a rat's a$$ what we want. If one American city elects enough Muslims to enact Sharia Law, it will be game on. I would guess Dearborn, MI will be the first to attempt it.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:05 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Less war, for whom? We won't have a military presence in other parts of the world and that's exactly what the extremists want. Their own countries can't stop them and I don't think they want to, anyway. We're not in the business of replacing everyone who doesn't like us, regardless of the theories to the contrary. Once our people are home, we will no longer be able to have business interests in other parts of the world and that will be a problem, in light of the fact that we now have more of a World Economy than ever. Anyone from the US who goes to another country will be a target because, no matter how much we may want others to be nice, they don't give a rat's a$$ what we want. If one American city elects enough Muslims to enact Sharia Law, it will be game on. I would guess Dearborn, MI will be the first to attempt it.
Well we can continue on this path, and they will win because they will have bankrupted us because we are too stupid to do what is necessary and what is right. We can't continue to borrow .40 on every dollar and expect to continue for long.

Where did you hear we knew the Japanese were coming? I have looked it up but was never able to find anything.

Old 04-25-2012, 10:27 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Well we can continue on this path, and they will win because they will have bankrupted us because we are too stupid to do what is necessary and what is right. We can't continue to borrow .40 on every dollar and expect to continue for long.

Where did you hear we knew the Japanese were coming? I have looked it up but was never able to find anything.
No, we can't continue to borrow 40% of what is used but it's CONGRESS who writes the bills and laws. It's not JUST Obama who's doing this. The problem is that Congress gets to write their own rules and that's BS! That needs to end NOW, but it should never have been allowed in the first place. The problem is that most people are too busy with their own little lives to notice. Our parents' and Grandparents' generations should have stopped it but I think they may have been too grateful that the Depression ended and saw the government programs as the reason.

From http://www.erikanderson.net/pearlharbor/facts.html (other articles support these conclusions),

"The Japanese deceived the U.S. by saying false statements and expressed interest in continued peace.
Americans think of the attack as very dishonorable.
The attack was planned weeks in advance.
The main reason for the attack was over economic issues.
Because of the unpreparedness of the U.S. military, Admiral Husband Kimmel and General Walter Short were relieved of duty.
The attack severely crippled the U.S. naval and air strength in the Pacific.
" and

"A U.S. Army private who noticed the large flight of planes on his radar screen was told to ignore them because a flight of B-17s from the continental U.S. was expected at the time.
More than 180 U.S. aircraft were destroyed.
During the attack the USS Arizona sank with a loss of more than 1,100 men.
A white concrete and steel structure now spans the hull of the sunken ship as a memorial.
The memorial was dedicated on May 30, 1962.
U.S. officials had been aware that an attack by Japan was probable, but did not know the time or place it would occur.
Pearl Harbor was not in the state of high alert when the attack started, Anti-Aircraft guns were left unmanned.
The Americans were taken completely by surprise.
The main targets for the first wave was the airfield and battleships.
The second wave targets were other ships and shipyard facilities.
The air raid lasted until about 9:45 a.m."

Bad leadership caused this. If they had been lulled into a state of being complacency and not being suspicious of the Japanese military, it's their own fault. WWII was already underway, Japan was an ally of Germany and the US had enacted extremely strong economic sanctions on Japan and if they thought Japan would just lay down and roll over, that's a serious case of underestimating a potential enemy.
Old 04-25-2012, 10:38 PM
MC Master Poster

And why the H is Stephen Colbert's Super PAC out fund-raising Paul? Ever hear of a telephone tree? If news needs to be sent to a lot of people in a short time, the first person calls two others, they each call two more, and so on. With the internet, Paul's ideas should be known by every person in the country, despite the efforts of the media to obscure him. Why can't he raise the money for his campaign? I sincerely hope he's not doing anything to make his point by not winning the election. He doesn't seem to be the "See? I told ya" type. If he wants people to see his views along with the other candidates, he needs money and it's just not happening. That's a problem. I don't remember the last time I saw one of his ads here.
Old 04-26-2012, 07:55 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Japan didn't attack here, other than a few minor skirmishes, because of the number of gun owners, according to several writings I have read. If someone tries to start anything on a large scale here, I'm pretty sure private citizens are gonna be doing some major profiling of the enemy and a lot of people who aren't actively involved will be killed as a result. It happened in PHX immediately after 911, when an Indian man was killed because he looked like someone of Arab decent. Replacing the leaders of rogue nations won't change the militants' plans and they are becoming more tech savvy. I have said for a long time that I don't like the fact that Ahmadinejad is an engineer and hopefully, cooler heads will prevail in Iran or, maybe, they'll put a muzzle and straightjacket on that idiot.
I never implied that they did. I was referring to 9/11. But Japan did attack USA even if it wasn't the mainland.