Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-25-2012, 07:44 PM

Boat: 06 X30
If we had a 100k more Soldiers then just maybe the people protecting you wouldn't be spending 1 year in combat, 1 year at home and then another year in combat... for upwards of 6 or 7 years. Maybe I wouldn't have spent 7 out of the last 13 years of my service time away from my family. Maybe the suicide rate of the military wouldn't be reaching 12%.

Maybe the safe should think more about the people that keep them safe.

/can of worms closed
Old 04-25-2012, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Oh yea? Who is going to pay for that? And for what? Isn't bin laden dead?

$4 trillion for one man and numerous #2 guys. Not very cost effective. This undeclared war/occupation is just a hand out to the military industrial complex and we can't afford it amymore. Time to come home.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, as RON PAUL would say, "we marched in, we can march right back out."
Like I said, you wont win me over on war.

I really couldn't care less who pays for it. I paid taxes the entire time I was in the Army and still do in retirement. The fact is the military is there and to short change them is just BS!

So the guy the guy that planned and order the attack that killed 3000 Americans isn't worth going after regardless of cost? If we had not went after the people behind it it would happen again and again and again until it hit closer to home for you.

I really need to learn to stay out of this thread. I come here to relax and talk boating and this is were I end up.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:58 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2000 MasterCraft MariStar 210 VRS
He's right. The picture is pretty bad but as you can see,

15,090 total Soldiers between Iraq and Kuwait.
65,460 Soldiers in Afganistan
720 in Kosovo
610 in the Sinani Penn.
1,800 in Saudi Arabia
1,140 in the horn of Africa
420 in the Philipines
300 in Honduras

These number are public numbers found in a magazine or on a website called Army Times. These numbers are just Army numbers. This does not include Marines, Air Force, Navy and Civilian Contractors part of the Department of Defense.

These numbers also do not include Soldiers in Germany, Korea, Italy, or any other OCONUS (Outside the CONtinential United States) Soldiers.

My question is, when did America become the World Police and why do we dump Billions of dollars into other countries with little or no return?

-V-
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2012, 08:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
If we had a 100k more Soldiers then just maybe the people protecting you wouldn't be spending 1 year in combat, 1 year at home and then another year in combat... for upwards of 6 or 7 years. Maybe I wouldn't have spent 7 out of the last 13 years of my service time away from my family. Maybe the suicide rate of the military wouldn't be reaching 12%.

Maybe the safe should think more about the people that keep them safe.

/can of worms closed
good news, we are suppose to be cutting back to nine month deployments, but they are going to take away mid-tour R&R.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xXjp4zzVoM
Old 04-25-2012, 08:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Here is a can of worms for you;

Anyone who has been deployed with the last couple of years knows how much money is wasted on a daily basis and who is making out.

The amount of Ford F-150's, Chevy Tahoes and all of the other un-needed creature comforts that aer sent over there for high ranking brass and other people that do not need it are unreal. The Green Zone, Balad, Camp Liberty all of the different Camps in Iraq, they all have things they do not need. Why do we allow it? Why do we waste the money over there? How many billions of dollars did we pump in that country?

-Too Much.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:13 PM
MC Fanatic

Quote:
Very true. Ask any Soldier what happens VS someone who "thinks" they know. Some people watch a video like "The Hurtlocker" or "The Green Zone" and think they know.

This is one subject that I get heated about.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Like I said, you wont win me over on war.

I really couldn't care less who pays for it. I paid taxes the entire time I was in the Army and still do in retirement. The fact is the military is there and to short change them is just BS!

So the guy the guy that planned and order the attack that killed 3000 Americans isn't worth going after regardless of cost? If we had not went after the people behind it it would happen again and again and again until it hit closer to home for you.

I really need to learn to stay out of this thread. I come here to relax and talk boating and this is were I end up.
I'm with ya on this one Timmy! We cannot afford to become complacent when it comes to the safety of the United States! These people can argue all they want about bringing home the troops, but terrorism is nothing new. What woulda happened if we just sat back and let Japan get away with terrorizing Pearl Harbor? What they did was no different than flying planes into WTC! I wanna hear their argument on that! BTW, we went in, kicked their a$$, like you SHOULD do in wartime, NOT be so damn politically correct as to worry about taking out a few civilians who got in the way!
Old 04-25-2012, 08:44 PM
MC Fanatic

We can take a lesson from our past;

General Black Jack Pershing was born on September 13th, 1860, near Laclede, Mississippi, and died on July 15th, 1948, in Washington D.C.

Highlights of his life include:

1891 Professor of Military and Tactics, University of Nebraska
1898 Served in the Spanish-American War
1901 Awarded the rank of Captain
1906 Promoted to the rank of Brigadier General
1909 Military Governor of Moro Province, Philippines
1916 Promoted to Major General
1919 Promoted to General of the Armies
1921 Appointed Chief of Staff
1924 Retired from active duty after teaching at West Point

Just before World War I there were a number of terrorist attacks on United States forces in the Philippines by Muslim extremists. General Pershing captured 50 terrorists and had them tied to posts for execution.

He then had his men bring in two pigs and slaughter them in front of the now horrified terrorists.

According to the Koran Muslims are forbidden to eat pork or touch a pig. They believe to eat pork or touch a pig, its meat, its blood, or any of its by-products is to be instantly barred from paradise and the 72 virgins and dooms them to hell.

The soldiers then soaked their bullets in the pig’s blood, and proceeded to execute 49 of the terrorists by firing squad. The soldiers dug a large hole, dumped in the terrorist’s bodies, and covered them in pig blood, pig entrails, etc. Then they let the 50th man go.

And for the next 42 years there was not a single Muslim extremist attack anywhere in the world.

Perhaps it’s time for history to repeat itself in Iraq and Afghanistan?

The question is, where do we find another Black Jack Pershing?

taken from http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...s/blog-107053/
Attached Images

Old 04-25-2012, 09:06 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I'm probably opening a hornets nest with this but here goes.......

If we weren't screwing around over there we wouldn't be fighting them in the first place. Oh if we could just go back in a time machine and undo what we did in 1953.

And they don't have the means to get here to fight us. We have the technology to see them coming along with the most powerful military civilized mankind has ever seen. Secure our borders and keep them out. A lot less costly and a lot less dangerous for our troops.
When someone has no suspicious background, getting a student visa is easy enough. Once here, they can network with others who are working for the same cause and when the signal is given, they go to work. The signs were ignored before 911 and we paid, big time. The people in many of the positions to catch the signals are glorified security guards and can't be expected to analyze the data like actual law enforcement or investigators.

Yeah, we have the best military. When the opponent looks like civilians, who do you shoot? Can't kill all of the people in the region unless you want the US to be prosecuted for war crimes/crimes against humanity. Can't very well lob a nuke there, can we?