Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-25-2012, 02:56 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Santorum's gone and is endorsing Romney, Newts quitting........only one left and then Ron Paul can be the candidate.

Ron Paul is considered the Intelectual Godfather of the Tea Party Movement......where and why are we not hearing more from this group of folks that are good at raising awareness and getting publicity ?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:02 PM
MC Platinum

Boat: White/Red 91 PS 190
he's getting there
Attached Images

Team MasterCraft Google Search Engine
Old 04-25-2012, 03:10 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Thank you for adding some facts to this discussion.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:23 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxberger View Post
I have a lot of respect for all who have served and thank all of you. I think you missed the point though. If our troops are brought home from all this crap going on in other countries, they wouldn't be in combat and in harms way. I'm not opposed to adding troops, but add them here and close our damn borders. Bring our heros back and let America see why we're the best military in the world and why those who serve should be looked up to and admired.
Yeah, we can fight them here, or we can fight them there. We fight them there so we don't have to fight them here.
Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 PM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Last I check Obama is telling the Chief of Staff to get a RIF going right now.
So, you think we need to increase our Troops? Based on what?
It is not we non-interventionists who are isolationists. The real isolationists are those who impose sanctions and embargos on countries and peoples across the globe...and who choose to use force overseas to promote democracy...A counter productive approach that actually leads the U.S. to be more resented and more isolated in the world - Ron Paul
Old 04-25-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by areamike View Post
So, you think we need to increase our Troops? Based on what?
Well, just so you know, the President may have said we are not fighting in Iraq, it's a lie. I still have friends deployed there and they are still conducting combat operations nightly.

We still have a fight in Afghanistan and they are talking about 10 more years of occupation.

Iran, N. Korea and many other places are hot and going to get hotter.

If you are going to send troops then don't piece-mill it.

I'm not going to debate you on what the military needs. If you are not carrying a rifle then don't tell them what they do or do not need.

You're a Hoosier, google my friend Jeffery Mittman and then ask me why I want more fire power and men.

eidt

I only mention him because he is also a fellow Hooiser.
Old 04-25-2012, 05:05 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Yeah, we can fight them here, or we can fight them there. We fight them there so we don't have to fight them here.
I'm probably opening a hornets nest with this but here goes.......

If we weren't screwing around over there we wouldn't be fighting them in the first place. Oh if we could just go back in a time machine and undo what we did in 1953.

And they don't have the means to get here to fight us. We have the technology to see them coming along with the most powerful military civilized mankind has ever seen. Secure our borders and keep them out. A lot less costly and a lot less dangerous for our troops.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 04-25-2012, 05:08 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Well, just so you know, the President may have said we are not fighting in Iraq, it's a lie. I still have friends deployed there and they are still conducting combat operations nightly.

We still have a fight in Afghanistan and they are talking about 10 more years of occupation.
Iran, N. Korea and many other places are hot and going to get hotter.

If you are going to send troops then don't piece-mill it.

I'm not going to debate you on what the military needs. If you are not carrying a rifle then don't tell them what they do or do not need.

You're a Hoosier, google my friend Jeffery Mittman and then ask me why I want more fire power and men.

eidt

I only mention him because he is also a fellow Hooiser.
Oh yea? Who is going to pay for that? And for what? Isn't bin laden dead?

$4 trillion for one man and numerous #2 guys. Not very cost effective. This undeclared war/occupation is just a hand out to the military industrial complex and we can't afford it amymore. Time to come home.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, as RON PAUL would say, "we marched in, we can march right back out."

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 04-25-2012, 05:33 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, X2, 2004, Violet (purple) & white ... previous 1983 black/silver stars
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Oh yea? Who is going to pay for that? And for what? Isn't bin laden dead?

$4 trillion for one man and numerous #2 guys. Not very cost effective. This undeclared war/occupation is just a hand out to the military industrial complex and we can't afford it amymore. Time to come home.

In keeping with the theme of this thread, as RON PAUL would say, "we marched in, we can march right back out."
FWIW ... I work in the military design industry and bringing the troops home will mainly reduce the in-theatre costs (food, shelter, support needs). Most system designs are 10-50 year life expectancy before being replaced depending on complexity ... that is not in war time conditions which drastically reduce those years due to usage. Upon bringing more troops home, most of the systems are well used up from continual use over the past 10 years and near end of life in hours of use which will require $$$ to sustain the products on out, whether it be for repair or parts becoming obsolete due to the nature of the electronics industry. In other words, there will still be billions of $$$ needed to maintain our military should another conflict arise that we need to be involved in.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I'm probably opening a hornets nest with this but here goes.......

If we weren't screwing around over there we wouldn't be fighting them in the first place. Oh if we could just go back in a time machine and undo what we did in 1953.

And they don't have the means to get here to fight us. We have the technology to see them coming along with the most powerful military civilized mankind has ever seen. Secure our borders and keep them out. A lot less costly and a lot less dangerous for our troops.
Hello??? 9/11

You're correct, you wont win me over when it comes to war.