Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-19-2012, 05:08 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
In one nation under God....

In God we trust...

nuff said....

the muslim fool in office now is going to bring to the terrorist in a hand basket soon...

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?
Old 04-19-2012, 05:10 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1991 MasterCraft Prostar 190 PowerSlot
Send a message via AIM to DooSPX
I am neither a RP or MR fan, just stating what our nation was founded on...

Trying to keep slalom alive

Need a new prop to fit your needs? Call OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid, than to open it and prove it"?
Old 04-19-2012, 07:58 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 79 S&S, 87 Prostar Powerslot, 95 Maristar 200VRS
Send a message via Yahoo to ahhudgins
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Businessmen are as successful as they are crooked so this isn't really something that makes him different from obama.
I've checked in on this thread from time to time, but after that comment I'm done.
The swimsuit thread is starting to pick up again!
Have a nice day.

Last edited by CantRepeat; 04-19-2012 at 08:27 PM. Reason: fix the broken qoute
Old 04-19-2012, 08:06 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
CP - I like RP too but unfortunately he won't get elected... and its too bad...most of the jerks in D.C. are just takin' a S**t on the constitution and bill of rights... Unfortunately this election is a choice between the lesser of two evils.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
So if he will effect real change, why not vote for him?
Because he would have to win in order to implement those changes. The one thing I have learned is that in elections, ANYTHING can happen.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:16 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 2008 X2
"Businessmen are as successful as they are crooked so this isn't really something that makes him different from obama. "

This is where the RP people lose me. They are completely fine with insulting various segments of society for no reason and with flimsy facts. Yeah something like 5% of businessmen may be crooked so what the hell lets just call all of them crooked as we type in moms basement.
1996 Bayliner 2050
Old 04-19-2012, 08:18 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Its politics not logic......
Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Voting for Ron Paul is myopic? It is very far from narrow minded, it is actually very clear-headed and grounded in principle. Very much like Ron Paul.
Myopic doesn't mean 'narrow minded', it basically means 'short-sighted' (it actually means 'old eyes). Narrow-minded people can't see anything outside of their little capacity and I mean short-sighted in that the person of interest is clearly in view but not the effect of voting for them.

Any time a candidate who's not a front-runner gets votes, it means the second place candidate could win in a close race if they get enough of that third place candidate's votes. In the last election, Obama won by 7.2%, which is pretty amazing if you consider the fact that McCain ran on public campaign financing (with almost $380M) and Obama didn't, collecting close to $780Million. All of the other votes could have gone to McCain and it wouldn't have made a difference but again, things can sway people when htey see their guy's position changing or if they're not doing well at the start. Obama used audio and video clips that went viral online, used the internet extensively and McCain was ridiculed for "not being able to e-mail", which is BS. The fact that he has a hard time raising his arms because of his imprisonment in Vietnam was wiped off of the board. Obama spent almost $11/vote and McCain spent less than $6/vote.

The other candidates totaled a little over 1.2% of the total votes. If Paul gets 5% and the winner comes in with a slim margin, maybe 4%, you can see where I'm going. I would recommend that anyone who really wants to vote for Paul, on principle, they may want to wait until the election is well on its way- if someone is winning by a large margin, a vote for the 3rd place candidate will be wasted when it could potentially tilt the election to allow a new President to be elected.

Making a statement when an election is at stake is bad timing. If people want Paul to have more exposure, they need to shoot their own videos, put them on the Web and make it easy to see when & where it took place and make it very easy to see that there is no editing of the video. I don't care if two cameras are used, with staggered starting times and the video shown side by side until the battery of the first camera has to be replaced and then restarted- I want continuous video with no stops.

Last edited by JimN; 04-19-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:40 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
CP, your zeal for dr. paul has clouded your good judgement.

Romney is 180 degrees different than Odumbo. He's American, successful seasoned businessman, ex-governor, christian, and is articulate without the need for a teleprompter.

Its your choice which of those is the Biggest difference between Romney + the incumbent.

You cannot and should not judge a politician by what they say.....they all talk too much, say too little, and do too little.

Ron Paul can talk a good game.
If you want to see his beliefs, look into the Mormon Church. It ain't the usual Christianity, by any stretch. Also, Obamacare is modeled after Romneycare, so that 180 degrees must be awfully small.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:56 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidstan View Post
"Businessmen are as successful as they are crooked so this isn't really something that makes him different from obama. "

This is where the RP people lose me. They are completely fine with insulting various segments of society for no reason and with flimsy facts. Yeah something like 5% of businessmen may be crooked so what the hell lets just call all of them crooked as we type in moms basement.
Yea, probably an unfair statement on my part, but I have come across a few that fit this definition. An unfair generalization, oh well I guess I'm human. Some of the practices of romney are a bit unsavory and he changes position on things a lot so he comes across to me as less than honest. That is the root of my generalization.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul