Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-18-2012, 12:10 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Seriously.......*** has happened to my country.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SGWH3kirzg

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3HnDovu9I

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 04-18-2012, 05:22 PM
MC Master Poster

And you guys said I was being paranoid when I said I didn't like Obama because he had taught Constitutional Law. Hmmm. I remember several telling me that I should take the tin foil hat off. Hmmm.

How do you like him, now?
Old 04-18-2012, 05:44 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Someone will sue up to the supreme court on this one...This one is too easy.... Nice try morons in congress....

I fear for my children...
Old 04-18-2012, 05:52 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgorczak1 View Post
Someone will sue up to the supreme court on this one...This one is too easy.... Nice try morons in congress....

Why wait? I fear for ALL of us!

This is what happens when the voters get all hyped up by the media when someone come out of virtually nowhere.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post

This is what happens when the voters get all hyped up by the media when someone come out of virtually nowhere.
I'm 52 - the changes are slow and flip flop before they settle...i.e. glass-stegal...etc. Obama will be out...no way he'll get re-elected with gas prices, unemployment and economy. If the non-Obama candidate does not "swing away" with the issues we are done for.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:00 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post

He's actually a NOBODY from nowhere.

Every working American should get behind Romney and get out the vote....... because every welfare porch-sitter, dead person and illegal will be voting (some twice) for the other side.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:08 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
I'm 52 - the changes are slow and flip flop before they settle...i.e. glass-stegal...etc. Obama will be out...no way he'll get re-elected with gas prices, unemployment and economy. If the non-Obama candidate does not "swing away" with the issues we are done for.
Never say "Never".

This could be like John Belushi in 'Animal House', when he said "We didn't give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"- I just know someone will be along soon to say, "Quiet- he's rolling" and he'll be re-elected.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:09 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:

Actually, I think the Supreme Court can step in before it becomes effective. That is, unless Obama decides to eliminate their power to overturn unconstitutional laws and balance power.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:13 PM

-- That this Constitution has provided continuous democratic government through the periodic stresses of more than two centuries illustrates the genius of the American system of government. The complex role of the Supreme Court in this system derives from its authority to invalidate legislation or executive actions which, in the Court’ s considered judgment, conflict with the Constitution. This power of “judicial review” has given the Court a crucial responsibility in assuring individual rights, as well as in maintaining a “living Constitution” whose broad provisions are continually applied to complicated new situations.

While the function of judicial review is not explicitly provided in the Constitution, it had been anticipated before the adoption of that document. Prior to 1789, state courts had already overturned legislative acts which conflicted with state constitutions. Moreover, many of the Founding Fathers expected the Supreme Court to assume this role in regard to the Constitution; Alexander Hamilton and James Madison, for example, had underlined the importance of judicial review in the Federalist Papers, which urged adoption of the Constitution.

Let's just hope they catch this one...