Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 190 with LT1
Quote:
Well, a lot of American's don't want their children exposed to drugs and if more dealers/users are in jail then that might have an affect on it.
Well, the "War on Drugs" and "Just Say No", has been going on a very long time, and each and every child in America (and every other country) does get exposed to drugs. So it simply doesn't work.

As for the idea that "legalizing" drugs increases crime, there isn't any evidence of that when you compare countries that have legalized drugs. By the way, when they are available, and less expensive, it takes a lot less crime to pay for them.

Listen, I am not "pro drugs", nor do I wish that my kids get involved woth drugs; however, billions of dollars have been wasted on this effort with basically ZERO impact. The U.S. has spent the most money of any country fighting drug use, has the harshest sentences, and has drug abuse rates higher than anywhere in the world.

If we compare the U.S. where drug laws are strict to the Netherlands which has notoriously lax drug laws, we find that a U.S. citizen is twice as like to use marijuana and about eight times more like to have tried cocaine.

In my opinion drug use is a public health problem, not a criminal problem.

Last edited by Jorski; 01-09-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 AM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifJG...layer_embedded
Old 01-06-2012, 10:47 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Fantastic addition Sodar! Thank you!

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 01-06-2012, 10:57 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Fantastic addition Sodar! Thank you!
It really is pretty bad as s!!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
It really is pretty bad as s!!
Yea, to have it presented like that is amazing. It shows you how in tune with the current situation he really is.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 AM

Boat: 06 X30
Lobbyist will thrive, people will become poorer, people will be divisive about the war, Israel and Palestine will keep fighting, oppressed people in the middle-east and Africa will of had enough and rise up, and the UN will condemn some stuff.

Oh and the big one, after 9-11, America will attack Iraq! Yeah, the current President had already set that in motion.

Yeah Mr Paul is the new Nostradamus.

We can leave about the interest rate part, we all know he was wrong on that one.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Lobbyist will thrive, people will become poorer, people will be divisive about the war, Israel and Palestine will keep fighting, oppressed people in the middle-east and Africa will of had enough and rise up, and the UN will condemn some stuff.

Oh and the big one, after 9-11, America will attack Iraq! Yeah, the current President had already set that in motion.

We can leave about the interest rate part, we all know he was wrong on that one.
We had dinner table talk last night and followed up with an internet search about this exact topic.

Before the collapse occurred, the Feds did nearly doubled the prime for a year or so in an attempt to slow down the housing market and avoid the bubble bursting. Granted, it was not the 18% rates of the 80's, but the rates did rise from the time he gave the predictions.

Just sayin'.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
MC Addict

Quote:

Yea, Ron Paul doesn't know what is going on. He is out of touch with our fiscal climate and should be set aside as an alarmist......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJh...eature=related

Oops.....

Based on this post and the previous.....I'm assuming your apology is forthcoming....

None of the other guys running are as in touch with what is going on as Ron Paul is. And if they are, they sure are keeping it a secret.

Old 01-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Yea, Ron Paul doesn't know what is going on. He is out of touch with our fiscal climate and should be set aside as an alarmist......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJh...eature=related

Oops.....

Based on this post and the previous.....I'm assuming your apology is forthcoming....

None of the other guys running are as in touch with what is going on as Ron Paul is. And if they are, they sure are keeping it a secret.
Don't hold your breath on that one. Who would that apology be to anyway? You? Ron? Neither! I'm not the one running for office.

I've lost faith in all politicians, it's nothing personal. Paul will turn out to be no different then anyone else that gets elected is all. Cheering for anyone man to be the savior of this country isn't something I can do.

The videos of his predictions are nothing that grand. As I said, they are all pretty clear to see and while some are dead wrong, others are already in rolling along far enough to see it's not a prediction it's just common sense.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Don't hold your breath on that one. Who would that apology be to anyway? You? Ron? Neither! I'm not the one running for office.

I've lost faith in all politicians, it's nothing personal. Paul will turn out to be no different then anyone else that gets elected is all. Cheering for anyone man to be the savior of this country isn't something I can do.

The videos of his predictions are nothing that grand. As I said, they are all pretty clear to see and while some are dead wrong, others are already in rolling along far enough to see it's not a prediction it's just common sense.
Well I'm with you on this one....at least for 433 of them. There are 2 that I believe in, Ron Paul and Rand Paul. The rest are completely worthless......but what do we do? We can't sit by and watch our country be ruined, we have to do something and I believe Ron Paul is the best and only man for the job at present. And for what it is worth, I really feel Ron Paul will not turn out like the rest. Call it judge of character, intuition, whatever....I believe he is different.