Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #201  
Old 01-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Jorski Jorski is offline
MC Devotee
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Boat: 1993 190 with LT1
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 1,178
Quote:
Well, a lot of American's don't want their children exposed to drugs and if more dealers/users are in jail then that might have an affect on it.
Well, the "War on Drugs" and "Just Say No", has been going on a very long time, and each and every child in America (and every other country) does get exposed to drugs. So it simply doesn't work.

As for the idea that "legalizing" drugs increases crime, there isn't any evidence of that when you compare countries that have legalized drugs. By the way, when they are available, and less expensive, it takes a lot less crime to pay for them.

Listen, I am not "pro drugs", nor do I wish that my kids get involved woth drugs; however, billions of dollars have been wasted on this effort with basically ZERO impact. The U.S. has spent the most money of any country fighting drug use, has the harshest sentences, and has drug abuse rates higher than anywhere in the world.

If we compare the U.S. where drug laws are strict to the Netherlands which has notoriously lax drug laws, we find that a U.S. citizen is twice as like to use marijuana and about eight times more like to have tried cocaine.

In my opinion drug use is a public health problem, not a criminal problem.

Last edited by Jorski; 01-09-2012 at 12:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #202  
Old 01-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Sodar's Avatar
Sodar Sodar is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 11,043
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifJG...layer_embedded
__________________
-Cameron
2007 ProStar 197
1996 ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #203  
Old 01-06-2012, 10:47 AM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,421
Fantastic addition Sodar! Thank you!
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #204  
Old 01-06-2012, 10:57 AM
Sodar's Avatar
Sodar Sodar is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 11,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Fantastic addition Sodar! Thank you!
It really is pretty bad as s!!
__________________
-Cameron
2007 ProStar 197
1996 ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #205  
Old 01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodar View Post
It really is pretty bad as s!!
Yea, to have it presented like that is amazing. It shows you how in tune with the current situation he really is.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #206  
Old 01-06-2012, 11:25 AM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 7,596
Lobbyist will thrive, people will become poorer, people will be divisive about the war, Israel and Palestine will keep fighting, oppressed people in the middle-east and Africa will of had enough and rise up, and the UN will condemn some stuff.

Oh and the big one, after 9-11, America will attack Iraq! Yeah, the current President had already set that in motion.

Yeah Mr Paul is the new Nostradamus.


We can leave about the interest rate part, we all know he was wrong on that one.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #207  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Sodar's Avatar
Sodar Sodar is offline
MC Master Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Posts: 11,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Lobbyist will thrive, people will become poorer, people will be divisive about the war, Israel and Palestine will keep fighting, oppressed people in the middle-east and Africa will of had enough and rise up, and the UN will condemn some stuff.

Oh and the big one, after 9-11, America will attack Iraq! Yeah, the current President had already set that in motion.

Yeah Mr Paul is the new Nostradamus.


We can leave about the interest rate part, we all know he was wrong on that one.
We had dinner table talk last night and followed up with an internet search about this exact topic.

Before the collapse occurred, the Feds did nearly doubled the prime for a year or so in an attempt to slow down the housing market and avoid the bubble bursting. Granted, it was not the 18% rates of the 80's, but the rates did rise from the time he gave the predictions.

Just sayin'.

__________________
-Cameron
2007 ProStar 197
1996 ProStar 190
Reply With Quote
  #208  
Old 01-06-2012, 12:26 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Lobbyist will thrive, people will become poorer, people will be divisive about the war, Israel and Palestine will keep fighting, oppressed people in the middle-east and Africa will of had enough and rise up, and the UN will condemn some stuff.

Oh and the big one, after 9-11, America will attack Iraq! Yeah, the current President had already set that in motion.

Yeah Mr Paul is the new Nostradamus.


We can leave about the interest rate part, we all know he was wrong on that one.
Yea, Ron Paul doesn't know what is going on. He is out of touch with our fiscal climate and should be set aside as an alarmist......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJh...eature=related





Oops.....




Based on this post and the previous.....I'm assuming your apology is forthcoming....

None of the other guys running are as in touch with what is going on as Ron Paul is. And if they are, they sure are keeping it a secret.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #209  
Old 01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is offline
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 7,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Yea, Ron Paul doesn't know what is going on. He is out of touch with our fiscal climate and should be set aside as an alarmist......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdJh...eature=related





Oops.....




Based on this post and the previous.....I'm assuming your apology is forthcoming....

None of the other guys running are as in touch with what is going on as Ron Paul is. And if they are, they sure are keeping it a secret.
Don't hold your breath on that one. Who would that apology be to anyway? You? Ron? Neither! I'm not the one running for office.

I've lost faith in all politicians, it's nothing personal. Paul will turn out to be no different then anyone else that gets elected is all. Cheering for anyone man to be the savior of this country isn't something I can do.

The videos of his predictions are nothing that grand. As I said, they are all pretty clear to see and while some are dead wrong, others are already in rolling along far enough to see it's not a prediction it's just common sense.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #210  
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is online now
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Don't hold your breath on that one. Who would that apology be to anyway? You? Ron? Neither! I'm not the one running for office.

I've lost faith in all politicians, it's nothing personal. Paul will turn out to be no different then anyone else that gets elected is all. Cheering for anyone man to be the savior of this country isn't something I can do.

The videos of his predictions are nothing that grand. As I said, they are all pretty clear to see and while some are dead wrong, others are already in rolling along far enough to see it's not a prediction it's just common sense.
Well I'm with you on this one....at least for 433 of them. There are 2 that I believe in, Ron Paul and Rand Paul. The rest are completely worthless......but what do we do? We can't sit by and watch our country be ruined, we have to do something and I believe Ron Paul is the best and only man for the job at present. And for what it is worth, I really feel Ron Paul will not turn out like the rest. Call it judge of character, intuition, whatever....I believe he is different.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:54 AM.