Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 01-03-2012, 08:07 PM
MC Fanatic

Boat: Mastercraft, Prostar, 1992, 351 Ford
I will not post examples. He has had a long and unproductive career. It is also not religious. I live in his district. I am trying real hard not to go negative. We will leave it at I don' like how he represents his district. I am not concerned that he will win the nomination for president but I wonder if I am going to have to now suffer through his egotistical sons political aspirations now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
Can you post some examples? Just about everything I found indicated that the people don't like him for religious reasons.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:39 AM

Boat: 06 X30
lol, Mr Paul says the war on drugs is not working so we should legalize some drugs. wth? How about don't smoke dope and you wont go to jail.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:23 AM
TT Enthusiast

Boat: Gas Money
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
lol, Mr Paul says the war on drugs is not working so we should legalize some drugs. wth? How about don't smoke dope and you wont go to jail.
I believe what you have just stated is out of context. What DR. Paul is talking about is smaller government everywhere. Not just in some areas thus the statement about drugs. He is not advocating drug use or legalization of drugs, he is being true across the board about promoting smaller government.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:06 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
That would require people to follow the rules and if you watch or read the news, you know that won't happen.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:14 AM

Quote:
That would require people to follow the rules and if you watch or read the news, you know that won't happen.
So then 37% of the people regardless of race will go to jail for it. I have no issues with that and to campaign on the fact that because people do not follow the rules means we should make it legal is just dumb.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrew View Post
I believe what you have just stated is out of context. What DR. Paul is talking about is smaller government everywhere. Not just in some areas thus the statement about drugs. He is not advocating drug use or legalization of drugs, he is being true across the board about promoting smaller government.
Nope, you are wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8S8N2OG7sU
Old 01-04-2012, 10:55 AM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
So then 37% of the people regardless of race will go to jail for it. I have no issues with that and to campaign on the fact that because people do not follow the rules means we should make it legal is just dumb.
"But we want everyone to feel good about themselves".

Signed, The Nannystate
Old 01-04-2012, 11:46 AM

Quote:
"But we want everyone to feel good about themselves".

Signed, The Nannystate
Old 01-04-2012, 01:30 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 1993 190 with LT1
Quote:
How about don't smoke dope and you wont go to jail.
Reality is that this policy hasn't worked at all.

Isn't sending people to jail for using drugs more indicative of a nanny state than letting people make their own decisions?
Old 01-04-2012, 01:47 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorski View Post
Reality is that this policy hasn't worked at all.

Isn't sending people to jail for using drugs more indicative of a nanny state than letting people make their own decisions?
If the behavior was ONLY doing drugs and then, only if it was recreational use, I might agree but when you have life-long users who'll do anything to get their drugs, no. Look at the US murder rate, highway death statistics and crime reports. People who are wasted, especially on hard drugs, don't generally lead productive lives. We all know at least one person who wasted their life or died because of drugs. Saying "It's their life, it didn't affect anyone else" is BS. Drug deals go bad. People rob/steal to obtain money/things that can be used to pay for drugs. Driving around with kilos of heroin, coke and pot isn't for recreational use. Heroin use has been increasing for a long time and the some of someone I have known almost my whole life was killed because of it. His mom and her husband live 100 yards from me and we're in the suburbs. It's all over and it's not helping anyone, other than the dealers and cartels.

Do you know who this guy is?
www.forbes.com/profile/joaquin-guzman-loera/

It's not working because of human nature- people don't like to be told what to do, especially if what they're doing feels good or they can't bring themselves to stop.