Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 11-07-2013, 07:18 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
Why don't you look for a candidate who has the potential to win in the next election, rather than rubbing peoples' noses in this? Paul is 78 now and if anyone thinks he'll be able to handle the BS that goes with the job of POTUS in the event of his being elected in 2016 needs to get a grip. He'll be 81/82 by that time and expecting him to live until 2020 is foolish, regardless of how healthy he seems or the fact that he's a doctor. Here's a freebie- HE WON'T WIN. I think your time would be better spent searching for someone whose ideals are in line with what you want, but will be alive to bring them to fruition and will appeal to more than 1M voters.
Jim, I think you are missing the point of the thread. It isn't to 'rub peoples noses in it', it is to promote the message of liberty. I know he isn't going to run in 2016. His son might and if he does I'll vote for him. If he doesn't I'll vote for the candidate Ron Paul endorses, if any. For now, I'll keep spreading Dr. Ron Paul's message, not to endorse him as a candidate.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 11-07-2013, 07:22 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Why don't you look for a candidate who has the potential to win in the next election, rather than rubbing peoples' noses in this? Paul is 78 now and if anyone thinks he'll be able to handle the BS that goes with the job of POTUS in the event of his being elected in 2016 needs to get a grip. He'll be 81/82 by that time and expecting him to live until 2020 is foolish, regardless of how healthy he seems or the fact that he's a doctor. Here's a freebie- HE WON'T WIN. I think your time would be better spent searching for someone whose ideals are in line with what you want, but will be alive to bring them to fruition and will appeal to more than 1M voters.
Is this the die thread, die vote?

Sorry, CP. You came into the football thread so here I am!!!
Old 11-07-2013, 07:25 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Is this the die thread, die vote?

Sorry, CP. You came into the football thread so here I am!!!
I'm allowed into the football thread because I add something to it, not bash the message of those that participate in it.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:57 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I'm allowed into the football thread because I add something to it, not bash the message of those that participate in it.
That is completely subjective!!!

I don't bash the message here, I bash Ron Paul for being an unelectable psycho!!
Old 11-07-2013, 09:13 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
Jim, I think you are missing the point of the thread. It isn't to 'rub peoples noses in it', it is to promote the message of liberty. I know he isn't going to run in 2016. His son might and if he does I'll vote for him. If he doesn't I'll vote for the candidate Ron Paul endorses, if any. For now, I'll keep spreading Dr. Ron Paul's message, not to endorse him as a candidate.
You started this thread to promote Paul but, now that the election is almost a year in the hind window, what you're doing is just annoying. Even the fat lady is tired of singing. If you start a new thread, which wouldn't be a bad idea, at least don't be one-dimensional. Others are out there, trying to reach the same objectives, but you're not posting anything about them.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:29 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
You started this thread to promote Paul but, now that the election is almost a year in the hind window, what you're doing is just annoying. Even the fat lady is tired of singing. If you start a new thread, which wouldn't be a bad idea, at least don't be one-dimensional. Others are out there, trying to reach the same objectives, but you're not posting anything about them.
I would disagree with that. I have posted many things on here with Rand Paul, who we all know is most likely going to run. I have also posted many things with Judge Andrew Napalitano who may run as well. I've also posted many Ben Swann items on here; he's not looking for political office, but he promotes the idea that the media is supposed to keep us informed about what our politicians are doing and not bias the news cycle. In addition he covers news stories you won't see anywhere else which is great.

After the election was over I said I was going to continue this to promote Liberty. I'm sorry if you missed that post. As for starting a new thread, if there is a Libertarian or other liberty minded republican that is appropriate to the message maybe I'll start a new one. For now, no election for another year, I'll continue this one and continue to spread the message.

Old 11-08-2013, 06:32 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
That is completely subjective!!!

I don't bash the message here, I bash Ron Paul for being an unelectable psycho!!
I would like to respond to this, but I'll avoid the 'Cant Repeat vortex' on this thread.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:26 PM
MC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKkPo9cMG-Y

Ben Swann on the Virginia election.

Old 11-12-2013, 01:41 PM
MC Addict

Chained CPI Chains Taxpayers
By Ron Paul
November 12, 2013

One of the least discussed, but potentially most significant, provisions in President Obama’s budget is the use of the “chained consumer price index” (chained CPI), to measure the effect of inflation on people’s standard of living. Chained CPI is an effort to alter the perceived impact of inflation via the gimmick of “full substitution.” This is the assumption that when the price of one consumer product increases, consumers will simply substitute a similar, lower-cost product with no adverse effect. Thus, the government decides your standard of living is not affected if you can no longer afford to eat steak, as long as you can afford to eat hamburger.

The problem with “full substitution” should be obvious to anyone not on the government payroll. Since consumers did not choose to buy lower-priced beef before inflation raised the price of steak, they obviously preferred steak. So if the Federal Reserve’s policies create inflation that forces you to purchase hamburger instead of steak, your standard of living is lowered. CPI already uses this sort of substitution to mask the costs of inflation, but chained CPI uses those substitutions more frequently, thereby lowering the reported rate of inflation.

Supporters of chained CPI also argue that the government should take into account technology and other advances that enhance the quality of the products we buy. By this theory, increasing prices signal an increase in our standard of living! While it is certainly true that advances in technology improve our standard of living, it is also true that, left undisturbed, market processes tend to lowerthe prices of goods. Remember the mobile phones from the 1980s? They had limited service, constantly needed charging, and were extremely expensive. Today, almost all Americans can easily afford a mobile device to make and receive calls, texts, and e-mails, as well as use the Internet, watch movies, read books, and more.

The same process occurred with personal computers, cars, and numerous other products. If left alone, the operations of the market place will deliver higher quality and lower prices. It is only when the government interferes with the operation of the market, especially via fiat money, that consumers must contend with constant price increases.

The goal of chained CPI is to decrease the government’s obligation to meet its promise to keep up with the cost of living in programs like Social Security. But it does not prevent individuals who have a nominal increase in income from being pushed into a higher income bracket. Both are achieved without a vote of Congress.

Noted financial analyst Peter Schiff correctly calls chained CPI a measurement of the cost of survival. Instead of using inflation statistics as a political ploy to raise taxes and artificially cut spending, the President and Congress should use a measurement that actually captures the eroding standard of living caused by the Federal Reserve’s inflationary policies. Changing government statistics to exploit the decline in the American way of life and benefit big spending politicians and their cronies in the big banks does nothing but harm the American people.

Old 11-18-2013, 07:52 PM
MC Maniac

Boat: 1989 ProStar 190 & 2006 X9
Apple's Siri supports Ron Paul...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/bennyjohnson...paul-supporter