Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-01-2013, 08:43 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
Agreed. We needed mass forces at a specific place and time to end and prevent more devastation from taking place! If not for the heroic effort of everyone involved they would have made it to time square and done the suicide bombing part of the plan. I would willing let them search my house, my property to look for these terrorist. Hell they could have crawled up my *** looking for them I would have been happy.

Yeah, I know CP and RP are gonna whine about loss of liberties and what not but the way I see it I would have lost nothing other then a little inconvenience to save the life of my fellow Americans.

There you go CP, more fuel for the fire.
This is what you call a no win argument. If they (government, authorities, etc.) did not take these actions and the offenders got away, then they would be whining that not enough was done... It's like a witch hunt; they don't actually have to be witches in order to burn them on a stake.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:44 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
However, I have to wonder how they could have fired that many rounds and not hit anyone. I would think he'd have been a pile of hamburger and the boat would have been reduced to a heap of rubble. Apparently, there was no fuel in the tank.
Maybe those were warning shots, hopefully they will give some details.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:28 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
TBH, I have no idea how many rounds were fired on the boat or how the assault went down. Other then video that showed some flash bangs thrown and the long arm on the assault truck that pulled the cover off I have no clue what happened.
I watched a video of them shooting at the boat and even if half of the reports were reflected sound, they fired a lot of rounds. Being the good little skeptic that I am and knowing that this was in a residential area, I have to wonder if they were all using live rounds. If they used blanks, it would sound like a war zone and maybe they figured that he would just surrender, rather than die. I saw a video that was supposedly from just before they went after him and someone was telling the officers/NG troops to get out of the parking lot across the street, so none of them would be hit.

This is America and they were on TV. Was it scripted? I think some of it was. The DOJ, ATF and other agencies have taken a well-deserved beating for the failed missions they have conducted and I think the Administration felt it necessary to do a bit of damage control. I have seen no accounts of the damage to the boat and from all accounts, Tsarnaev's only wounds were from the night before. How he got out without being shredded, I don't know. I have to think that someone involved in the operation knows enough about boats that they could make an educated guess about how far the floor is from the keel and unless he was in the bilge or on the seat cushions, that would be the logical area to fire into. With their training, I would hope they didn't succumb to what amounts to 'buck fever' when it hit the fan.

To be honest, if the Police and NG stage a scenario that sounds like a war zone to a wounded guy in a boat, I have no problem with it if it works. Less property damage, less loss of life (which I'm really getting tired of) and they get info from the guy. I call that a win. All of the attention-seekers are really pissing me off and it just reinforces my opinion that too many people are pathetic and completely disappointing to me.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:33 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Here's the boat with infra-red.. are those all bullet holes ?
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2013, 09:36 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionMan View Post
Maybe those were warning shots, hopefully they will give some details.
Well, if they're supposed to account for every round they fire, warning shots with blanks would be far better than live rounds. A .32 slug came through the window next door and it was fired from 1-1/2 miles away.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:38 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
Looks like swiss cheese.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:39 PM
MC Devotee

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
Well, if they're supposed to account for every round they fire, warning shots with blanks would be far better than live rounds. A .32 slug came through the window next door and it was fired from 1-1/2 miles away.
It had to be fired up in the air.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:40 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionMan View Post
Looks like swiss cheese.
Then is it easy to assert that we were lucky to take him alive?
Old 05-01-2013, 09:42 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Looks like bullet holes, but I really don't see any that would have hit him. The port side has a lot of what looks like long holes, which means they came from the stern or bow and went through on an angle. There's a lot in the area of the engine and if they had come straight into the boat from the port side, I think the engine would have blocked a lot of them but there's a noticeable area that has no holes in the area where the FLIR shows him laying. It looks like the ones in that area went over and under him.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:43 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Then is it easy to assert that we were lucky to take him alive?
I think the boat would beg to differ.