Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 10-11-2011, 02:30 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
It's funny you should mention that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_uy29aFzCU

I had the same reaction to this issue, but if you look into it you can see clearly that due process is a must in a free society. As I type this, you and I can be assassinated by our government if they declare you an 'enemy combatant'. Well, who gets to decide who an enemy combatant is? Am I an enemy combatant because I despise basically every move our government has made over the last decade? Would all those people protesting across our country be considered enemy combatants? What is the definition? There is a lot of power to be yielded here. Due process is for your protection, and right now it basically does not exist because of executive orders, another strike against the constitution.

If someone is accused of something, they deserve due process. It is a foundation of our liberties and is essential for our freedoms.

I highly recommend you read Dr. Ron Pauls book, "Liberty Defined". It is an eye opener for subjects like this one.
An enemy combatant because you despise the government? No.

An enemy combatant because you plan, train, arm, and fund terrorist through both physical means and openly supporting their cause to kill Americans? Yes.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

He was a domestic enemy!! Kill the terrorist!
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old 10-11-2011, 02:53 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,593
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8ECtPUDW64
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old 10-11-2011, 02:54 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
An enemy combatant because you despise the government? No.

An enemy combatant because you plan, train, arm, and fund terrorist through both physical means and openly supporting their cause to kill Americans? Yes.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

He was a domestic enemy!! Kill the terrorist!
After due process, which protects all of us, that is fine.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
aquaman's Avatar
aquaman aquaman is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Location: At the Helm
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
After due process, which protects all of us, that is fine.
there is no due process for persons who commit acts of war or terrorism against the United States.

ron paul got confused in theory on this one.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old 10-11-2011, 03:01 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,593
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5PltEomaBQ
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #106  
Old 10-11-2011, 03:04 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaman View Post
there is no due process for persons who commit acts of war or terrorism against the United States.

ron paul got confused in theory on this one.
I disagree. Tim McVeigh (spelling?) by your definition was a terrorist, yet was given due process and was executed. Why was this OK? Because he wasn't a muslim? You have to look at it as to how the Constitution says it should be handled.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 10-11-2011, 03:06 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,593
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yN4XO...feature=relmfu

Campaign commercial.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 10-11-2011, 03:14 PM
aquaman's Avatar
aquaman aquaman is offline
MC Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Boat: 93 Barefoot 200 Yamaha 225F
Location: At the Helm
Posts: 896
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
I disagree. Tim McVeigh (spelling?) by your definition was a terrorist, yet was given due process and was executed. Why was this OK? Because he wasn't a muslim? You have to look at it as to how the Constitution says it should be handled.
good Cptn....you have changed the subject as i did not say anything about the Oklahoma bomber.

IF you want to include mention of religion.......most muslims are not terrorists.

but ALL terriosts so far have been muslim. coincidence? unlikely.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 10-11-2011, 06:40 PM
CantRepeat's Avatar
CantRepeat CantRepeat is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Boat: 06 X30
Location: Roll Tide!!
Posts: 8,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
After due process, which protects all of us, that is fine.
Doesn't bother me one bit that we killed the guy. He was out there providing aid and comfort to the enemy while arming those that were killing American Soldiers in a war zone. He got due process. The military had "actionable intelligence" and enough evidence to support an operation against an enemy combatant.

You take the actions needed in war to kill the enemy. I can't believe ANY American would even suggest otherwise.

He lost all his rights when he joined the other side. He committed treason, screw his due process.
__________________
Tim
Gone, surfing.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 10-12-2011, 12:43 PM
captain planet's Avatar
captain planet captain planet is offline
MC Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 5,593
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjvuHuekq64

Highlights of THE Dr. Ron Paul at last nights debate.
__________________
1998 ProStar 190 30th Anniversary, Corvette LT-1, STARS AND STRIPES BABY (with a really bad bimini)!!!!!!** * Footin' anyone?
RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:02 PM.