Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 05-01-2013, 01:57 PM
MC Master Poster

Boat: '07 ProStar 197 w/ MCX
I heard the Brewers were the team to follow.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:02 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg205 View Post
That's the problem - our leaders in D.C. also screw it up... once they overreach they will continue to do so.

I am all about security and agree with you - however - I just fear overreach and too many in the electorate will to give up liberties one basis of feeling more secure. In general good trumps evil - that's why this race has survived so long.

Unfortunately the U.S. must bring a knife to a gunfight in this war on terror most of the time. We are a civil society fighting an uncivil foe...FWIW
Not always
...United States Navy
  • In the 1991 Persian Gulf War, 288 Tomahawks were launched. The first salvo was fired by the cruiser USS San Jacinto on January 17, 1991. The attack submarines USS Pittsburgh and USS Louisville followed.
  • On 26 June 1993, 23 Tomahawks were fired at the Iraqi Intelligence Service's command and control center.
  • On 10 September 1995, the USS Normandy launched 13 Tomahawk missiles from the central Adriatic Sea against a key air defense radio relay tower in Bosnian Serb territory during Operation Deliberate Force.
  • On 3 September 1996, 44 cruise missiles between UGM-109 and B-52 launched AGM-86s, were fired at air defence targets in Southern Iraq.
  • On 20 August 1998, around 75 Tomahawk missiles were fired simultaneously to two separate target areas in Afghanistan and Sudan in retaliation to the bombings of American embassies by Al-Qaeda.
  • On 16 December 1998, Tomahawk missiles were fired at key Iraqi targets in during Operation Desert Fox.
  • In spring 1999, 218 Tomahawk missiles were fired by US ships and a British submarine during Operation Allied Force against key targets in Yugoslavia.
  • In October 2001, approximately 50 Tomahawk missiles struck targets in Afghanistan in the opening hours of Operation Enduring Freedom.
  • During the 2003 invasion of Iraq, more than 725 tomahawk missiles were fired at key Iraqi targets.[8]
  • On 17 December 2009, two Tomahawk missiles were fired at targets in Yemen.[9] One of the targets was hit by a TLAM-D missile. The target was described as an 'alleged al-Qa’ida training camp' in al-Ma’jalah in al-Mahfad a region of the Abyan governorate of Yemen. Amnesty International reported that 55 people were killed in the attack, including 41 civilians (21 children, 14 women, and six men). The US and Yemen governments refused to confirm or deny involvement, but diplomatic cables released as part of Cablegate later confirmed the missile was fired by a US Navy ship.[10]
  • On 19 March 2011, 124 Tomahawk missiles[11] were fired by U.S. and British forces against at least 20 Libyan targets around Tripoli and Misrata.[12] As of 22 March 2011, 159 UGM-109 were fired by US and UK ships against Libyan targets.

Reference - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(missile). Just an example
Old 05-01-2013, 04:06 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2010 X-15 w/MCX
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
No.

I enjoy reading CPs completely slanted views of RP heroism.

Like I said, he may bet 65 views per post but 64 of them are mine.

Don't count out the rest of us on-lookers...

Last edited by GoneBoatN; 05-01-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-01-2013, 05:00 PM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneBoatN View Post
Not always
...United States Navy
  • In the 1991 Persian Gulf War, 288 Tomahawks were launched. The first salvo was fired by the cruiser USS San Jacinto on January 17, 1991. The attack submarines USS Pittsburgh and USS Louisville followed.
  • On 26 June 1993, 23 Tomahawks were fired at the Iraqi Intelligence Service's command and control center.
  • On 10 September 1995, the USS Normandy launched 13 Tomahawk missiles from the central Adriatic Sea against a key air defense radio relay tower in Bosnian Serb territory during Operation Deliberate Force.
  • On 3 September 1996, 44 cruise missiles between UGM-109 and B-52 launched AGM-86s, were fired at air defence targets in Southern Iraq.
  • On 20 August 1998, around 75 Tomahawk missiles were fired simultaneously to two separate target areas in Afghanistan and Sudan in retaliation to the bombings of American embassies by Al-Qaeda.
  • On 16 December 1998, Tomahawk missiles were fired at key Iraqi targets in during Operation Desert Fox.
  • In spring 1999, 218 Tomahawk missiles were fired by US ships and a British submarine during Operation Allied Force against key targets in Yugoslavia.
  • In October 2001, approximately 50 Tomahawk missiles struck targets in Afghanistan in the opening hours of Operation Enduring Freedom.
  • During the 2003 invasion of Iraq, more than 725 tomahawk missiles were fired at key Iraqi targets.[8]
  • On 17 December 2009, two Tomahawk missiles were fired at targets in Yemen.[9] One of the targets was hit by a TLAM-D missile. The target was described as an 'alleged al-Qa’ida training camp' in al-Ma’jalah in al-Mahfad a region of the Abyan governorate of Yemen. Amnesty International reported that 55 people were killed in the attack, including 41 civilians (21 children, 14 women, and six men). The US and Yemen governments refused to confirm or deny involvement, but diplomatic cables released as part of Cablegate later confirmed the missile was fired by a US Navy ship.[10]
  • On 19 March 2011, 124 Tomahawk missiles[11] were fired by U.S. and British forces against at least 20 Libyan targets around Tripoli and Misrata.[12] As of 22 March 2011, 159 UGM-109 were fired by US and UK ships against Libyan targets.

Reference - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomahawk_(missile). Just an example
Correct not always....
Old 05-01-2013, 05:28 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
I don't see an over reach or over reaction with what I have seen and read. They put in a dragnet and caught or killed them with zero friendlies hurt. Says win to me all day long.
Ummmm I thought like 8 people got shot in the crossfire. All by the police.

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-01-2013, 07:19 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
Quote:
Comparing day to day life in Poland to the 4 or 5 days of Boston is apples and oranges. We are not under daily lock down or anything close to that. There are not military forces with automatic weapons roaming our streets daily.

It was a response to terrorist attack. We were and are fighting a war here and I think the people in charge will always have a difficult time balancing use of force for the protection of the people.
I got absolutely NO problem with the way things were handled in Boston! I commend EVERYBODY involved in the catching of these idiots! If it takes a lockdown, then so be it!
Old 05-01-2013, 07:24 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
I got absolutely NO problem with the way things were handled in Boston! I commend EVERYBODY involved in the catching of these idiots! If it takes a lockdown, then so be it!
The part I like is that all of the police and NG troops left when it was over.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:44 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
The part I like is that all of the police and NG troops left when it was over.
Agreed. We needed mass forces at a specific place and time to end and prevent more devastation from taking place! If not for the heroic effort of everyone involved they would have made it to time square and done the suicide bombing part of the plan. I would willing let them search my house, my property to look for these terrorist. Hell they could have crawled up my *** looking for them I would have been happy.

Yeah, I know CP and RP are gonna whine about loss of liberties and what not but the way I see it I would have lost nothing other then a little inconvenience to save the life of my fellow Americans.

There you go CP, more fuel for the fire.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:49 PM
MC Master Poster

Quote:
Agreed. We needed mass forces at a specific place and time to end and prevent more devastation from taking place! If not for the heroic effort of everyone involved they would have made it to time square and done the suicide bombing part of the plan. I would willing let them search my house, my property to look for these terrorist. Hell they could have crawled up my *** looking for them I would have been happy.

Yeah, I know CP and RP are gonna whine about loss of liberties and what not but the way I see it I would have lost nothing other then a little inconvenience to save the life of my fellow Americans.

There you go CP, more fuel for the fire.
However, I have to wonder how they could have fired that many rounds and not hit anyone. I would think he'd have been a pile of hamburger and the boat would have been reduced to a heap of rubble. Apparently, there was no fuel in the tank.
Old 05-01-2013, 08:33 PM

Boat: 06 X30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimN View Post
However, I have to wonder how they could have fired that many rounds and not hit anyone. I would think he'd have been a pile of hamburger and the boat would have been reduced to a heap of rubble. Apparently, there was no fuel in the tank.
TBH, I have no idea how many rounds were fired on the boat or how the assault went down. Other then video that showed some flash bangs thrown and the long arm on the assault truck that pulled the cover off I have no clue what happened.