Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-30-2013, 10:37 AM

Boat: 06 X30
And lastly, for the purpose of the discussion of RP and marial law.

There is big difference in Title 10 (federal) and Title 32 (state) call ups.

When serving under Title 32 Active Duty, Title 32 service is primarily state active duty.
This includes the following forms of active service:

o State Active Duty (SAD). The Governor can activate National Guard
personnel to “State Active Duty” in response to natural or man-made disasters
or Homeland Defense missions. State Active Duty is based on State statute
and policy as well as State funds, and the Soldiers and Airmen remain under
the command and control of the Governor. A key aspect of this duty status is
that the Posse Comitatus Act (PCA) does not apply.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:07 AM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
How were you an 11X assigned to the 82nd? Last I check no one is ever an 11X after basic. Never. You are 1 of 3 things a bravo a charlie or a mike after basic and not even mikes now.

What unit in the 82nd.

I am not talking poorly about any Soldier NG or otherwise. I've not said one bad thing about them. The only thing we are discussing here is martial law and whether or not Mass was under it. It's a legal discussion about such.

If you want to flail about and get mad over it then don't do it on the idea that I said anything bad about the NG.

When state activated they are a state force and are not federal troops.

As far as my service, 1SG Bravo Company 1st BN 327th Infantry Fort Campbell KY and a small little town of Hawija Iraq.
I was 11X and you are correct about the X. I was never attached to a unit. I graduated jump school and then they changed my MOS to 19K. Even though I begged to not be a tanker, I still had to do it. As an infantrymen you should understand my frustrations with the Army on that change.

Boot at Benning
Jumped at Ft Brag
OSUT attached at Ft Knox for tank training
A company 2ID - 1st heavy Camp Casey (Iron Brigade) or 2-72 Armor (as this changed while I was in service whith the reformatting of 2ID)
deployed from Korea to small town of Ar-Ramadi Iraq as a tank regiment attached to 2ID 2004-2005 (as well as everywhere in between) Rolling with Marine scouts at that time.
Then back to 2-81 knox as an instructor (SSG)

I am truly sorry I doubted your service 1SG.

All my photos are in print at home. I'll scan some later. I have a lot I can't put up here. But I have a few I can.

Back to the issue at hand. My problem stemmed from your remark on weather the NG were or were not a military presence. Its irrelevant to what their purpose is. I understand what you are trying to say about what their purpose is defined by who called them up. However, They are still military and their presence (in that manner seen in Boston) deserves an answer. Their presence is a violation to our freedoms and rights. Its down right larceny to our freedoms you and I fought to protect.

Maybe they thought there was no need to announce it. However, they should have. And if things like this become standard. Shooting up unarmed terrorists hiding in a boat with over 1000 rounds of which none hit their target is hardly the security I would want. Martial law, cerfew, and military presence and illegal search and seizure, none of which I know are legal without court order or martial law.

An informed, educated and armed citizenry could have solved this better. A hotline to call in and say my home and my property are secured and we are armed. Then no grey boundaries would have been crossed. But that is just my utopia.

Again sorry for doubting your service 1SG. I assumed your statements were of contempt of the NG not actually being soldiers. Even though I heard what you said about their assistance to the war, I took it as a left winger tactic to say one thing nice and deceive the real intention of your post. I call it Bully debating. As usual, "when you assume, you assume great risk" For that I apologize.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:47 AM

It's not boot camp, it's basic training.

So you lied about being assigned to the 82nd. Jumping at Bragg doesn't assign you to a unit and you know that. To me everything you say about Army is now in question.

My love for anyone that laces up boots and puts their life on the line for this country has no lines. It matters not what MOS they are or what patch or badge is on their uniform, I care about them all. This should put an end to this for you.

The people that assaulted the boat were not NG they were either local cops or FBI and clearly they needed some more training. However, they had no idea what weaponry the target had on him and I would have blasted his *** before I maneuvered on the boat.

I don't know who did searches or whether or not they had warrants or cause to search homes. We see one video of people being detained from a house. I don't know anymore then that.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:26 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: Mastercraft, Maristar 200VRS, 1995, Indimar 5.7, My first MasterCraft
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRepeat View Post
It's not boot camp, it's basic training. Actually its Basic Combat Training.

So you lied about being assigned to the 82nd. Jumping at Bragg doesn't assign you to a unit and you know that. To me everything you say about Army is now in question.

My love for anyone that laces up boots and puts their life on the line for this country has no lines. It matters not what MOS they are or what patch or badge is on their uniform, I care about them all. This should put an end to this for you.

The people that assaulted the boat were not NG they were either local cops or FBI and clearly they needed some more training. However, they had no idea what weaponry the target had on him and I would have blasted his *** before I maneuvered on the boat.

I don't know who did searches or whether or not they had warrants or cause to search homes. We see one video of people being detained from a house. I don't know anymore then that.
As for the determination of who was the team that took out the boat and everything around it might I add. That is still in debate as to what team they were on, FBI, Local, Army etc. It was a joint effort. Which means we will never get a straight answer. This is where the grey line begins. And you're so blind with your 1SG mentality of black and white and orders when you don't see the implications or effects of allowing such integration between forces.

When did I lie? I said 11X (which states I wasn't assigned to anyone who obviously knows the MOS) So there is no lie there. In fact honesty. I felt a part of the 82nd even though I wasn't attached. And was devastated when I checked my AKO account to see orders to the latter. But as you say, highlighted in bold above; I respond, your opinion means squat to me. As you are clearly wrong.

I tried to be nice to you. But as in typical 1SG action you want to be "Top Dog." I'll just let that go, as your ego is clearly bigger than your limited brain. (11. X. NOT. UNIT. robot mentality)

I've read every post on this thread. You are not a very nice person are you? You should call me and we can talk about it sometime. Battle.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traxx822 View Post

I Served:
11X 82nd Airborn
19K 2-81 Armor
You cannot serve as an 11X anywhere other then Sand Hill. You could not have served 11X at Bragg. You clearly lied about it not knowing who you were talking to thinking some how I might be impressed.

Again, just because you jump(you'd have to post your jump log for me to believe it) or felt you were part of the 82nd does not mean you severed there. You know exactly what I mean and it has nothing to do with rank, poser. Yup, calling you out on it. I drove by 3/75 yesterday on my way to air field so in your mind I served with BN.

This isn't about you or I but you wanted to travel down the dusty trail. But hey, thanks for serving.

You shouldn't be mad that you are a tanker or you were made to be a tanker. I know a lot of great tanker door kickers and the M1 is a beast!!! I'm always happy to see you guys!
Old 04-30-2013, 03:30 PM
MC Master Poster

"Maybe they thought there was no need to announce it. However, they should have. And if things like this become standard."

So much for this-
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ion-in-history

"Shooting up unarmed terrorists hiding in a boat with over 1000 rounds of which none hit their target is hardly the security I would want."

I saw the video and have to comment that if this is how our NG troops were trained, we're screwed. The 9 bystanders in NYC who were shot- all shot by the Police.

From http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/26/ny...anted=all&_r=0,

"There is no national data on how often bystanders are struck by police bullets; Geoffrey P. Alpert, a criminologist at the University of South Carolina and an expert on the police use of force, said that hitting innocent civilians “doesn’t happen very often, but it happens.”

No shyte- they also shoot when a less lethal method would work fine. MKE Police killed two people with knives in the last week- if someone makes a move, the others can move out of range- it's not like they'll be accurate if they throw it. I think a shotgun with rock salt would make someone think twice.

"An informed, educated and armed citizenry could have solved this better. A hotline to call in and say my home and my property are secured and we are armed. Then no grey boundaries would have been crossed. But that is just my utopia. "

Yeah- about the informed, educated part- I think this is gonna be tough with the lap dog media and the prevailing school curricula.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:23 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=jjF-fWPS3Xk#!

The Judge with words of rationalism.

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul
Old 05-01-2013, 09:02 AM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
http://news.yahoo.com/ron-paul-slams...170321289.html

The deep end......... He just went off it.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 AM

Boat: 1995 Pro Star 205 5.7 Liter
Send a message via Skype™ to mikeg205
I don't want to live in a police state...So I am with Ron Paul. Even in light of what happened in Boston. I have many relatives in Poland and when I was there in 1973 (pre-lech walenca) there was armed guards everywhere. Also saw military vehicles in Warsaw regularly. As an American my clothes gave me away as tourist... I did not enjoy the attention military with automatic weapons always looking at me.

As the good judge said - our founding fathers knew that too much power in the hands of government is not a good idea.

Ron Paul knows he we can't get the country back up on it's wheels - so he pulls as hard he can... just think what it would be like around this country if we did things a bit more logically - like the Constitution spells out.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:00 AM

Comparing day to day life in Poland to the 4 or 5 days of Boston is apples and oranges. We are not under daily lock down or anything close to that. There are not military forces with automatic weapons roaming our streets daily.

It was a response to terrorist attack. We were and are fighting a war here and I think the people in charge will always have a difficult time balancing use of force for the protection of the people.