Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 09-23-2011, 08:59 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 1998 Prostar 190 Anniversary, LT1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1JF9_gkryQ

8:45...."gee congressman Paul, you ducked me the last time I tried to get you for an interview."

Gosh, I wonder why sean. Couldn't be you are a shill for the establishment, could it?

14:34...."come back and spend some more time with us." Does he really want to get schooled by the Dr. again?

Boy, they really tried hard to pin him on hand selected comments from previous debates and try to make him look bad. Nice try....but THE Dr. was IN THE HOUSE!

"The truth is treason in the 'empire of lies'" - Ron Paul

Last edited by captain planet; 09-23-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 09:22 PM
MC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnkQtDh3ngI&NR=1

Here is a radio interview from Tuesday night. It is a good candid look at THE Dr. Ron Paul.

Old 09-23-2011, 09:55 PM
MC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvibsyKLDSA

Black THIS out!

Old 09-23-2011, 10:06 PM
MC Addict

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hCpu...eature=related

Alright....enough for tonight. I have been behind lately and felt the need to get caught up.

Old 09-26-2011, 05:47 PM
TT Regular

Boat: 1999 Maristar 210 w/Tower
I am no fan of this administration, but just because it's on the internet, does not make it true. Funny how this kind of thing stays alive on the internet.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp
Old 09-27-2011, 09:27 PM
MC Addict

At risk of sounding like a dictator if we can limit the topic of posts on this thread to Dr. Ron Paul that would be great. My goal of this thread is to inform folks about a man that is much needed by our country right now. I want to eliminate this thread from getting watered down with other subjects.

Thanks,
Captain Planet

Old 09-27-2011, 09:47 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: 2008 Pro Star 197 TT #58 of 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain planet View Post
At risk of sounding like a dictator if we can limit the topic of posts on this thread to Dr. Ron Paul that would be great. My goal of this thread is to inform folks about a man that is much needed by our country right now. I want to eliminate this thread from getting watered down with other subjects.

Thanks,
Captain Planet
Sorry for the threadjack Matt.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:22 AM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemolitionMan View Post
Sorry for the threadjack Matt.
No worries. I found something on Youtube about romney that was just typical of him and almost posted it on here.....then I self-censored myself and omitted it because this thread is all about THE Dr. Ron Paul!

Old 10-03-2011, 01:49 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 92 Prostar
I cannot believe Ron Paul took this viewpoint!

The Obama administration has been criticized by civil liberties groups and others, including Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, for authorizing the killing of al-Awlaki. These critics argue that, as an American, al-Awlaki had a right to due process.

This is WAR, I guess we should spared Bin Ladens life and given him a trial too!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:16 PM
MC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiDog View Post
I cannot believe Ron Paul took this viewpoint!

The Obama administration has been criticized by civil liberties groups and others, including Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul, for authorizing the killing of al-Awlaki. These critics argue that, as an American, al-Awlaki had a right to due process.

This is WAR, I guess we should spared Bin Ladens life and given him a trial too!
It's funny you should mention that....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_uy29aFzCU

I had the same reaction to this issue, but if you look into it you can see clearly that due process is a must in a free society. As I type this, you and I can be assassinated by our government if they declare you an 'enemy combatant'. Well, who gets to decide who an enemy combatant is? Am I an enemy combatant because I despise basically every move our government has made over the last decade? Would all those people protesting across our country be considered enemy combatants? What is the definition? There is a lot of power to be yielded here. Due process is for your protection, and right now it basically does not exist because of executive orders, another strike against the constitution.

If someone is accused of something, they deserve due process. It is a foundation of our liberties and is essential for our freedoms.

I highly recommend you read Dr. Ron Pauls book, "Liberty Defined". It is an eye opener for subjects like this one.