Go Back   TeamTalk > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion

Old 04-24-2015, 12:02 PM
MC Addict

Boat: 2002 Prostar 197 w/tower
Fayetteville Arkansas

In Fayetteville for the weekend. My son has a dive meet here. Any go to places? Dickson Street and the Square was stormed over by a Greek protest of some sort yesterday so parking was not to be had.

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 04-24-2015, 12:44 PM
TT Regular

Boat: Buddies boat is the best boat
I am up in NWA and would recomend watching the Joe Martin Stage Race. It is a national recognized bike race with pros from all over the country in town. They are racing all over Fayetteville and finish on Sunday down Dickson Street. Here is a link to the event. http://joemartinstagerace.com/schedule/index.html Here is a short guide on watching if you are interested. http://ozarkcyclingadventures.com/ge...ng-joe-martin/ Not sure what all you are looking to do, but Crystal Bridges in Bentonville is a great museum and swing by Pedalers Pub or Flying Fish off of downtown Bentonville for some good eats after. Also the Razorbacks have a big event going on this weekend. Red and White game at the football stadium starts at 1 on Saturday is is a free event.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:46 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205
Tex
Welcome to nwa. Going to be a tough weekend for parking downtown, pro bicycle race joe Martin stage race going on. They will have Dickson closed for that this afternoon and all day Sunday. Best chance for parking is at the bottom of the street at the intersection of west and Dickson (Walton arts center parking.) Lots of good food places down there, have to pay to park anytime at night. If your family is into art head north to bentonville to the crystal bridges museum in bentonville. Free admission, bank rolled by walton family. On Dixon bordinos for Italian, theos for steak and such. Hugo's for good burger/club sandwich lunch place, Table Mesa for Mexican food. I'll pm you my phone number.
Old 04-24-2015, 12:49 PM
TT Newbie

Boat: 1998 Prostar 205
Well guess we were typing that at the same time.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:19 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
In Fayetteville for the weekend. My son has a dive meet here. Any go to places? Dickson Street and the Square was stormed over by a Greek protest of some sort yesterday so parking was not to be had.
I was there at the HPER last night from 6:00 to 8:00 with my daughters for swim practice. Watching the divers was much more entertaining than watching the swimmers put up laps.

Enjoy your time in Fayetteville. You could probably park at the top of Dickson Street at College Avenue behind the courthouse and walk to all the Dickson activities. The parking deck there is large and free.

Last edited by Table Rocker; 04-24-2015 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2015, 06:42 PM
MC Addict

Thanks guys! Table Rocker we were there at about the same time. Hugos was great. I wish I would have had the parking advice before. We did a lot of roaming around the Square and Dickson Street. Great town!

I'm pursuing my lifelong quest for the perfect, the absolutely driest martini to be found in this or any other world. And I think I may have hit upon the perfect formula :
Old 04-26-2015, 09:54 PM
MC Devotee

Boat: '96 ProStar 205, Sammy Duvall, LT-1
Glad you had a good time. We had a lot going on around campus while you were here: Apollo 13 astronauts at Bud Walton, Joe Martin Stage Race, Red/White football event, Razorback baseball series w/ Miss State and the USA Diving regionals of course. Parking at the HPER was probably a challenge on Saturday, but we did luck out with some beautiful weather for all of it.

Hugo's has been a Fayetteville institution for 30+ years. That was a good choice. In the mid-90's would go there every Friday night and have the Derek's Special and pitchers of Turbo Dog. Lots of great memories in that dungeon.
Old 04-27-2015, 12:07 AM
MC Addict

We had a parking pass for Saturday...Wish we could have hooked up for a beer!